Deadline passed..............

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Deadline passed..............

Postby crossan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 pm

maybe there is a conflict between club and player on how to respond!
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: Deadline passed..............

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:09 pm

He's been banned for 3 games, starting sunday.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby trueblue64 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Manchester City confirms that both the club and Emmanuel Adebayor have reluctantly accepted the violent conduct charge laid by the Football Association in the wake of the victory over Arsenal.
The player strongly maintains that he did not intend to act in a violent manner.

He apologised to Robin van Persie personally and to the wider public for the outcome of the challenge.

Emmanuel will miss three matches, the derby at Old Trafford, the Carling Cup tie against Fulham and the Premier League visit of West Ham United.

From the OS
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby trueblue64 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Now they have amended the text to this on the OS.

Manchester City announce that both the club and Emmanuel Adebayor have reluctantly accepted the violent conduct charge laid by the Football Association in the wake of the victory over Arsenal.
The player strongly maintains that he did not intend to act in a violent manner.

He apologised on the day to Robin van Persie personally and to the wider public for the outcome of the challenge.

We await the findings of the FA's Disciplinary Panel which is due to meet tomorrow.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby crossan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Well that's out of the way at last.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:30 pm

I would have appealed. Probably would have got nothing out of it, but I don't like this taking the punishment without fighting, especially because I feel there was ground to argue the fact he meant it.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby trueblue64 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:31 pm

We were never going to a a result on this, the FA were determined to nail him/City on this one.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby crossan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:36 pm

trueblue64 wrote:We were never going to a a result on this, the FA were determined to nail him/City on this one.

Exactly there was only going to be one winner,he did what he was accused of now hopefully those on here who paint him as the victim can remove their rose tinted specs.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:39 pm

crossan wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:We were never going to a a result on this, the FA were determined to nail him/City on this one.

Exactly there was only going to be one winner,he did what he was accused of now hopefully those on here who paint him as the victim can remove their rose tinted specs.

You trying to say something?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blue in the face » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Does anybody else think we went down without a fight?

Maybe a deal has been done regarding the second charge.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby kinkylola » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Don't like that we went down without a fight, but I do accept that the FA were out to get us on this one and there was only ever going to be one outcome. I also don't know how more can be done about the celebration, he was already carded ... but oh well.

crossan you're completely wrong, and just because the corrupt FA have charged him and banned him does not mean he's guilty.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:00 pm

I think the fact we said he apologised to player and talked to him after game is gonna massively go in his favor thought and might stop him getting a ban.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby david yearsley » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:04 pm

We´ve bottled it imo - here´s why

UEFA , the highest governing authority in European football , openly admitted in their judgement on the Eduardo "dive" that they COULDN´T PROVE INTENT . They, as a higher authority quite clearly set a precedent and we should have used this in our appeal. At the very least we would have had the F.A. and UEFA at loggerheads and led to calls for consistency across the continent for ALL afiliated associations. The F.A. could never have proven this charge and they know it. Do you think Wenger would have appealed? Too fuclin right he would have

Vhero, sorry but he´s guilty of violent conduct(in their bullying eyes) , a red card offence - immediate 3 match ban mate
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby bluelingy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Blue in the face wrote:Does anybody else think we went down without a fight?

Maybe a deal has been done regarding the second charge.

I think that a deal may have been done also!!
and have a little satisfaction knowing we took what they dished out with dignity and Ade will be back after missing just two premier games, rather then dragging it out another day arguing what would have probable been a lost course and losing Ade for anouther game.
imagine the bad press we would get (ok I know we are not the darlings of the press at the mo) if we would have contested it and probable would still have lost.
now we can put it to bed without giving the Rag tops anougher pay day in paper sales, and we can say yea it happend we took our punishment without complaining.
Possibly a word from Abu Dhabi on this one to take it with dignity, and lets be honest he did flick his foot out !! the question was did the ref see it and let it go because he thought RVP deserved it for the tackle, in my opinion he did.
Q. Which is your favourite goal? A. It has to be the second goal I scored during the last-ever Maine Road derby. I heard the fans singing a new song: "Who let the Goat out?" and I thought, "I'm having that one!" Eyal [Berkovic] placed a perfectly weighted pass into my stride. I held off two defenders and the ball bounced in front of me, allowing me to make a gentle half-volley over Barthez. It was my 100th goal for Man City and particularly satisfying to score against Man Utd.
bluelingy
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:20 pm

I thought we would have made a fight of it since he is the only decent striker we have fit we could have used delay tactics to at least have him for the Derby.

Mark Hughes must be gutted he wont be playing Sunday.

That’s no Adebayor, unlikely to have Tevez, and Sick Note still to kick a ball.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby ayrshireblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:31 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:I thought we would have made a fight of it since he is the only decent striker we have fit we could have used delay tactics to at least have him for the Derby.

Mark Hughes must be gutted he wont be playing Sunday.

How many times do some people need to be told that even if we had appealed it would have been dealt with by close of play on Friday and he would, in all probability, still missed the derby. Stall tactics using appeals are a thing of the past due to the new fast track system. He's probably guilty of the crime although the lies told by Clattenburg should still be addressed by City-minded press members.
Last edited by ayrshireblue on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Yes he did flick his foot at and yes he did run down the pitch to piss off the away fans, however we should be doing what all the top 4 would have done and pushed it. The amount of times they get away with things that all the rest of us get booked, fined or just passed aside is bloody pissing me off.
How is that the likes of Woooneeyy can stand and shout and generaly gob off at fans and not a thing is said or evern in the press, its all bloody bent and nothing will ever change unless some of the "smaller" clubs stick together and question what the FA are doing.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:41 pm

IMO we need to let it go and move on.....no one will give a shit next week beacuse no doubt something else would have happend to get them all licking their lips and sharping their knives. They had made their minds up and thats that.

No doubt on Sunday the boys and girls at the game can let Ade know we still love him and support him.Lets now concentrate on doing the reds with half a squad....now that would be a nice thing to rub in on Monday morning.
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby blootoof » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 pm

There goes our 0 - 0 - 10 formation. We're fuckin DOOMED.

Actually, I still think we can get a result. I just can't see Bellamy not scorin.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:02 pm

Maybe its for the best.
Its hard to imagine a guy scoring for 5 games on the trot and I think Ade(have we ever had anybody do that) couldn't be as fired up to play the rag cunts as much as he was against Arse and this will give someone else the chance to step up.
I'm hoping Barry is due for 2
Rag_hater

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum