Thursday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:52 am

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Former West Ham defender Lucas Neill is set to undergo a medical at Everton today. (Sky Sports)

Valencia's Spanish forward David Silva has admitted he is interested in a move to Manchester United.Daily Mirror

Hull striker Caleb Folan is set to join Middlesbrough on a three-month loan deal.The Sun

Aston Villa are hoping to beat Chelsea and Manchester City in the race to sign Feyenoord's £5million-rated Netherlands Under-21 midfielder Jonathan De Guzman. Daily Mail

Bolton defender Danny Shittu has turned down a loan move to Sheffield United because he does not want to step down from the Premier League.Daily Mirror

Liverpool target Angel Di Maria has had his buy-out clause increased to £40m by Portuguese club Benfica as they brace themselves for a bid from the Premier League side.Daily Mirror

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has blocked Diomany Kamara's move to Newcastle United because he needs him for his squad.Daily Mirror

Manchester United and Burnley are likely to need a tribunal to thrash out compensation for defender Richard Eckersley, who joined the Clarets from United in the summer.The Sun

Everton are giving a trial to Colo Colo's 18-year-old Chilean striker Nicolas Millan, who has been compared to Cristiano Ronaldo.Daily Mail

OTHER BOLLOX
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced he can persuade midfielder Paul Scholes to put his retirement plans on hold in favour of one more year at Old Trafford.Daily Mirror

Fabio Capello has revealed that his current job as coach of England will be his last in football and he never wants to manage the national side of his native Italy.The Sun

QPR owner Flavio Briatore faces being kicked out of the Loftus Road club following his departure from Formula 1 team Renault. Should F1 bosses decree that Briatore is no longer a "fit and proper person" to operate within their sport, he would have to relinquish his control of QPR as Football League rules state any shareholder or director must be removed if they are banned by a recognised sport's governing body. The Sun

Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen fears he could be the next high profile departure from Stamford Bridge following the exit of chief executive Peter Kenyon.Daily Mirror

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson will not discipline striker Wayne Rooney for his enraged reaction to being substituted during the Champions League victory over Besiktas on Tuesday.The Sun

Liverpool's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are ready to put up to 25% of the club up for sale to raise £100m that can be used to build a new stadium.Daily Mirror

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has joked that he will join United's fans in booing former teammate Carlos Tevez if he lines up for Manchester City in the derby between the sides on Sunday.The Sun . . . Ha ha ha hilarious joke

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has promised that investment in the club's new £30m training complex will not harm Harry Redknapp's team-building programme.Daily Mirror

Portsmouth have put Ivory Coast striker Aruna Dindane on a special fitness programme in a bid to get him fit for the club's battle to get off the bottom of the Premier League.Daily Mirror

Karren Brady has turned down an offer from prospective Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung to remain as chief executive of the Blues.The Sun

Manchester City have confirmed they will not appeal the violent conduct charge against Emmanuel Adebayor for his stamp on Arsenal's Robin Van Persie in City's 4-2 win on Saturday. The Sun

Ipswich boss Roy Keane has told defenders Gareth McAuley, who has been stripped of the captaincy, and Ben Thatcher that they have no future with the club.Daily Mail

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... ela-arcuri

AND FINALLY
England manager Fabio Capello joked that his wife may have taken a shine to David Beckham after having photos taken with the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder.The Sun

Capello has also revealed that had he not pursued a career in football he would have chosen a career as an airline pilot.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Crossie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:26 am

Nice one Evra, keep them coming, its not like we would need a motivational team talk, but if you want to carry on giving us more ammo , go ahead, keep them coming.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Tony P » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:37 am

Thing is though, if you read that same story in the Guardian it's pretty clear that Evra is joking. Typical Sun reporting.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:26 am

Tony P wrote:Thing is though, if you read that same story in the Guardian it's pretty clear that Evra is joking. Typical Sun reporting.

Either way Tevez has been declared unfit for the game for over a week now though so its obvious Evra doesn't know how to read.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:09 am

Evra had the best debut in the Prem that I have ever seen, will never be beaten I reckon

Can I just say that todays Wag is tip top, epecially in the closing seconds of that video (wouldn't risk it at work btw, just in case)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Chinners wrote:Can I just say that todays Wag is tip top, epecially in the closing seconds of that video (wouldn't risk it at work btw, just in case)

Hey you're not supposed to big up your own WAG link, are you on commission or summat? Having said that you are quite correct, she is tremendous
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Chinners wrote:Evra had the best debut in the Prem that I have ever seen, will never be beaten I reckon

PMSL
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:40 pm

You are quite correct Craig but the one today was worth a tug this morning . . .
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:48 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:Can I just say that todays Wag is tip top, epecially in the closing seconds of that video (wouldn't risk it at work btw, just in case)

Hey you're not supposed to big up your own WAG link, are you on commission or summat? Having said that you are quite correct, she is tremendous

Complaining about the WAG being notably good? Bad day?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:02 pm

ronk wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Complaining about the WAG being notably good? Bad day?

Just worried about his impartiality to his bollox as a whole, that's all
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Chinners wrote:You are quite correct Craig but the one today was worth a tug this morning . . .

If only I'd logged on in the morning..........
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:00 pm

I get it Chinners, you've seen competition from Sky and are upping the ante - [urlnp=http://www.skysports.com/golden-moments/top-ten/story/0,26784,16712_5498462,00.html]LINK[/urlnp]
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:13 pm

What a bunch of cents Sky are . . . think they invented football back in 1993 and now they've dreamt up a wag idea . . . more proof if any was needed that Sky are thieving parasites living off others . . . Right, I'm gonna revamp this sorry state of affairs at the weekend, a new site layout requires a new look load of bollox . . . fecking Sky grumble grumble grumble
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Your bollox is far better than theirs.

The only interesting thing they have is Kaka's wife. He's 9 years, they met when she was about 10 and she's 18 now. How strange is that?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum