Fat 'Arry Blames Fans Not Ade

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fat 'Arry Blames Fans Not Ade

Postby Vhero » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:21 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 60,00.html

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says Emmanuel Adebayor's excessive goal celebrations should not have led to a violent reaction by Arsenal's fans at Manchester City.

While Redknapp concedes Adebayor's actions in running to the travelling fans at Eastlands last weekend were ill-advised, that alone should not have been the catalyst for the scenes that ensued.

The ex-West Ham manager is not surprised the Togo international wanted to get one over his old club's supporters for the abuse he endured throughout much of the encounter.

Redknapp is not backing Adebayor's emotional response to scoring against his former club, but he is surprised at how quickly some football fans allow the red mist to descend.
Abuse

"I've got no time for people kicking anybody or being violent on the football pitch and he was wrong to run the length of the field. But it's very difficult when you're getting abuse throughout the game like he was," explained Redknapp.

"It's not celebrating a goal that causes riots, it's idiots who want to start riots. If I had been standing there and we had been giving him grief all game and he did that, I would probably say: 'Fair play.'

"Adebayor went over the top but, at the same time, he was getting a lot of abuse from the fans for the whole afternoon. What did he do really? Run back and go like that, saying he scored.

"I'm not saying it's right but if you can't go near the away fans when you score because you'll cause a riot... What nutters want to cause riots?

"Why do people need to shout abuse and cause riots? Why can't they just watch a game of football? I don't understand it. There's no need for it and there must be something wrong with you if you want to do that."

See hes a slimey twat but this is more proof the guy knows what the fuck hes talking about.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Fat 'Arry Blames Fans Not Ade

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:25 am

Obviously just rubbing it on Gooners' faces.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 am

Tottenham manager panders to supporters by slating Arsenal...news at 11.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 am

Fair play Harry. wish more people in the media light would say this.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wooders » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:59 am

london blue 2 wrote:Fair play Harry. wish more people in the media light would say this.

as a blue based in london you have to see that this is arse licking of tottenham fans and little else though?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby smith10281980 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:01 am

Harry again,he always talks about city....
我愛曼城CTTY TILL I DIE

無論雨怎麼打,自由仍是會開花!
smith10281980
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Hazy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:08 am

The more people that have a go at Wenger/Arsenal, the better for me.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:23 am

Wooders wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Fair play Harry. wish more people in the media light would say this.

as a blue based in london you have to see that this is arse licking of tottenham fans and little else though?

partially yes but to be fair southgate, ian wright, roy keane have all said the same. The fans WERE ott and it needs to be brought to light.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 am

Cheers 'Arry, the more managers and top people who come out with statements like this, the better.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 am

Whatever his motives for saying it, IT NEEDED TO BE SAID.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:46 am

Im friggin glad other managers and people in football are on Ades side.
If us lot gave Dunney aload of stick when he comes back to Coms for Villa and he scores and celebrates infront of us..We would not react the way them Gooners did.Infact id be havin a laugh about it.
shawzy

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:55 am

The one thing all of this proves is that; Arsenal as a club, from the management to the fans, are bunch of bollockless tarts.

I think any respect I may have had for them has all but vaporised.
I now hope it is they that are the 1st club to suffer from our success and lose out on the CL financial trough.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 am

I agree with him there, van Persie went to swear at the City fans following his goal, but unlike the cockneys, us fans up north are at the very least civilised and more than that, intelligent enough to understand how he must have felt.

I was going to say the same thing yesterday on "Youre on Sky Sports", but was beaten to it, by a fellow caller and I never got a reply call back on the phone I was standing by waiting for.

van Persie labelled his so called stamp "malicious", if that is what he calls "malicious", then I am afraid he needs to leave play-school and get out more, I had more pain when grazing my legs falling off my push-bike as a 5 year old kid, all it was on his face was a scratch anyhow, and the last thing it was, is malicious.
Last edited by Robinho_Is_GOD on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:27 am

john68 wrote:The one thing all of this proves is that; Arsenal as a club, from the management to the fans, are bunch of bollockless tarts.

I now hope it is they that are the 1st club to suffer from our success and lose out on the CL financial trough.

I agree mate, i always like the way they conducted themselves on and off the pitch but this year they have fallen below spuds, pool and our rich friends chavski in my hated list. they havent shown an ounce of class in anything they've done. just wish we'd have pipped them to Arshavin last window.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby TrueBlue82 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 am

whatever his motives behind it, im glad he has come out and said it.
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Hazy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:47 am

The circs surrounding what happened, seem to be where Harry is pointing to. I happen to think Arsenal have come out of this very well and if we have something in the future I would hope we could do the same. My only issue with Arsenal is they are wankers who cannot accept losing from the manager to the fans FACT.
Hazy

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:53 am

john68 wrote:The one thing all of this proves is that; Arsenal as a club, from the management to the fans, are bunch of bollockless tarts.

I hate it when I agree with Harry Redknapp. But he's 100% correct.

Im agree with you John, Its funny I couldn't really care less who wins the leauge really, its not been of any interest to City so its of no interest to me. However I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal and of all the team that I wouldn't want to replace out of the top 4 it would have been them. However in the past week with there behavour over the Eduardo incident and behaved over the Fabregas issue is disgusting shown them up for what they are.

I hope they drop out the top 4 ensuring a fire sale and slump into mid table mediocrity.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:12 pm

I heard him say this on talk sport this morning and nearly crashed my car, typical talk sport though, they played the clip then put a rag through on the phone.The rag said Arry was talking rubbish and that as paying customers fans have the right to slag and call players names. He went onto say that Tevez is going to get loads of abuse on Sunday as he failed to keep his mouth shut about the move....funny i think i recall Fergie started the mud slinging on that one...anyway.....Arry was right in what he said and im glad some people are coming out to support Ade.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:42 pm

I hate Twitchy as much as you all, and whatever his motives were, it is fine with me. "Arry says a lot of nonsense, but compared to Wenger he is pretty level-headed. Wenger, like Baconface, takes no blame, it is always someone elses fault, and no matter what really happens Wenger's opinion is the only right one and he is very clear to boast when he is proven "right" as apparently he was with Ade's stomp.

He is classless, his players for the most part are classless, and his supporters are beyond classless. They can take abuse, but cannot accept the repercussions. Well said Twitchy.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bear60 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Good post John,

I used to quite like Arsenal as my wife is from there and is a life long Gooner, but I really cant stand the twats now.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum