Khaldoon Interview In The Guardian

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Khaldoon Interview In The Guardian

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:47 pm

If they want a REALLY fair system, why don't UEFA just put all the TV money in to a big pot and give every professional club in Europe an equal share? Liberte, EGALITE, fraternite, monsieur platini.

I just felt that needed saying.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby eastlandsblue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Twatini is sugar coating the whole idea of self sustainment in my eyes. He knows like most of us, only the established G14 would qualify for the CL every year if he got his way. What he doesnt want to happen, is the likes of US and other midtable teams ( so to speak ) qualifying for the CL.

And here's why TV REVENUE

All the major TV networks pay UEFA millions every year to show live and highlights of the CL games. Now when this comp first started out as the European cup, they're was no such thing as seedings. This obviously meant in the worse case senario, Liverpool v Barcelona and Juventus v Bayern Munich in the first rounds and so on. Eventually luck being on the lesser known teams side, a European cup final could have seen Steaua Bucharest playing Barcelona in the final ( oh shit that actually happend in 1986 ) but it was'nt meant too. And UEFA have modified the tournament so much in the past years it probably wont happen again, knowing full well TV companies, would start lowering their valuation of the TV rights if it did happen. In all honesty how many off us stayed awake in the 1986 final, one of the worst in my lifetime.

Twatini can sugar coat all he wants, but if need be I'm sure the owner and his brother, have already devised a new way of sponsoring the club, because if memory serve me right isnt the current deal only till 2011.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby simon12 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:25 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:Twatini is sugar coating the whole idea of self sustainment in my eyes. He knows like most of us, only the established G14 would qualify for the CL every year if he got his way. What he doesnt want to happen, is the likes of US and other midtable teams ( so to speak ) qualifying for the CL.

And here's why TV REVENUE

All the major TV networks pay UEFA millions every year to show live and highlights of the CL games. Now when this comp first started out as the European cup, they're was no such thing as seedings. This obviously meant in the worse case senario, Liverpool v Barcelona and Juventus v Bayern Munich in the first rounds and so on. Eventually luck being on the lesser known teams side, a European cup final could have seen Steaua Bucharest playing Barcelona in the final ( oh shit that actually happend in 1986 ) but it was'nt meant too. And UEFA have modified the tournament so much in the past years it probably wont happen again, knowing full well TV companies, would start lowering their valuation of the TV rights if it did happen. In all honesty how many off us stayed awake in the 1986 final, one of the worst in my lifetime.

Twatini can sugar coat all he wants, but if need be I'm sure the owner and his brother, have already devised a new way of sponsoring the club, because if memory serve me right isnt the current deal only till 2011.

Left foot top corner!!
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum