Ferguson Says We Are Cocky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ferguson Says We Are Cocky

Postby patrickblue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Fish111 wrote:I wonder if he still thinks Liverpool are the rags biggest game of the season?

So it would seem.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE58 ... 8?rpc=401&

Liverpool are United's rivals, not City - Ferguson
Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:49pm BST

By Jeremy Cross

MANCHESTER (Reuters) - Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson stuck the boot into Manchester City ahead of their derby clash at Old Trafford on Sunday by insisting Liverpool will always be United's biggest rivals.

Expectations are high at big-spending City and their unbeaten start to the Premier League season -- they have won their first four matches -- has convinced some that Mark Hughes's side can challenge the domination of the big four of United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

"Liverpool, to me, will always be the derby game. It's because of the history. When I came down here they were the kingpins of England they'd won four European Cups at the time, quite a few league titles. It's hard to go against history," Ferguson told reporters on Friday.

Ferguson said he expected a "feisty" clash on Sunday.

"I've been asked the question of whether this is the biggest derby game of all time? It's difficult to say. If you go back to the 60s City won the League and we won the European Cup so it must have been an incredible time for Manchester," Ferguson told reporters on Friday.

"But in recent years they (City) have not achieved that. Now they have bought the players and there is expectation. It's far better than we've had for a long time. It will be a real feisty game, there's no doubt about that and I look forward to it.

"There's no doubt that the spending of City has created all this (hype). They've had a good start and their performance against Arsenal is one you have to take note of."

City's Argentine striker Carlos Tevez could feature against the side he left in the close season if he shakes off a knee problem but Ferguson could be without defender Rio Ferdinand due to a groin problem.

"It doesn't bother me one bit," Ferguson said of Tevez's possible return.

"I think their best player is not playing. Adebayor has been their star player, he's scored in every game and he will be a loss really."

Adebayor starts a three-match ban imposed for violent conduct. The Togo international had accepted the charge for a malicious stamp on Arsenal's Dutch striker Robin van Persie during City's 4-2 home win last Saturday.

Must admit to finding it all quite amusing.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:23 pm

john68 wrote:For those clubs that he thinks he can steamroller...Taggart always has a nice word.
When he starts to make negative remarks, it is because of FEAR.

He well understands the dire financial straits the rags are in and knows we will inevitably overtake them.
It's just a matter of how soon....Maybe this Sunday is the day...In front of him at his swamp.
Ill go along with that point about him having fear.

At the end of the day if we win at the swamp minus our best players he will be slaughtered, it must be playing on his mind a bit.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 pm

CTID Hants wrote:From memory he's usually played down the derby games, even using words like "respect" on previous occasions...... Now we are under his skin big time which is great, keep that blood pressure up!

Derby aside, if we manage 6 points over them this season and or come close or above them in the league Baconface will retire just so he can say "there was only one team in Manchester when i was manager" such is his ego.

Drunken old soak
If we take 6 points of them this season we will be Premiership Champions
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Florida Blue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Cocky or not, injuries or not, look at what talent Sven had to choose from in the 2008 away match, which I am sure I do not need to remind you we won 2-1.

Manchester City (from): Hart, Jihai, Onuoha, Dunne, Richards, Ball, Hamann, Fernandes, Petrov, Vassell, Mpenza, Ireland, Sturridge, Benjani, Geovanni, Schmeichel, Garrido, Caicedo, Etuhu.

Now look at what Hughes has to choose from:

Manchester City (from): Given, Taylor, Richards, Zabaleta, Sylvinho,Toure, Lescott, Onuoha, Bridge, De Jong, Barry, Ireland, Wright-Phillips, Weiss, Petrov, Robinho, Bellamy, Tevez (???), Vidal

Only names in common are Onuoha, Richards, Petrov and Ireland.

Is there a single player (excepting the four above) that you would rather be using Sunday (I believe Elano was injured for this match)?

Granted Shrek was suspended, they pretty much had their full squad. I like out chances much better this weekend.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:24 pm

I've never wanted to win a derby game so much.

Its not because of all this shit taggart is coming out with... its because if we do win without our three star players, the race to be manchester's best is officially on IMO.

Its the biggest derby for a long, long time and IMO we're in a win win situation... if we win, our confidence will be at an all time high. If we lose, we all know we were missing key players and the press will be sucking united off and we will be back to underdogs for the top four.

Obviously overall I wish we had these players available, but the situation is what it is now and I think its time to just sit back and enjoy the show, keeping perspective and a cool head.

Bring it on!
Original Dub

Postby Bear60 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:04 pm

On Sky sports now, he says we are cocky and arrogant what a joke that senile old git is . Kettle pot and black spring to mind.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john68 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Having given this a little thought...

I think on Sunday night, I will put all humility behind me...and...I will quite enjoy being cocky...and...I will really enjoy being arrogant...and I will love the fact that I can look fairly and squarely into the eyes of any rag I meet and say..."YOUR TEAM IS SHIT"..."SO IS YOUR MANAGER"...AND SO IS YOUR FUCKING LOSER CLUB".

So Mr Sir Bacon Faced Taggart, for the 1st time in my life, I want to agree with you.
I HOPE WE HAVE FUCKED YOUR CLUB OUT OF SIGHT AND I HOPE I HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE FUCKING COCKY...AT YOUR EXPENSE.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:26 pm

I love part of Hughes' statement regarding Taggart today. When asked about him, Hughes said that he understands why Taggart would get so irritated after being constantly questioned about us, then with a rye smile said, 'but it amuses me'!!!

Well Mark, that amused me aswell. Class!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby simon12 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:26 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I wonder if he still thinks Liverpool are the rags biggest game of the season?

So it would seem.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE58 ... 8?rpc=401&

Liverpool are U***d's rivals, not City - Ferguson
Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:49pm BST

By Jeremy Cross

MANCHESTER (Reuters) - Manchester U***d manager Alex Ferguson stuck the boot into Manchester City ahead of their derby clash at Old Trafford on Sunday by insisting Liverpool will always be U***d's biggest rivals.

Expectations are high at big-spending City and their unbeaten start to the Premier League season -- they have won their first four matches -- has convinced some that Mark Hughes's side can challenge the domination of the big four of U***d, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

"Liverpool, to me, will always be the derby game. It's because of the history. When I came down here they were the kingpins of England they'd won four European Cups at the time, quite a few league titles. It's hard to go against history," Ferguson told reporters on Friday.

Ferguson said he expected a "feisty" clash on Sunday.

"I've been asked the question of whether this is the biggest derby game of all time? It's difficult to say. If you go back to the 60s City won the League and we won the European Cup so it must have been an incredible time for Manchester," Ferguson told reporters on Friday.

"But in recent years they (City) have not achieved that. Now they have bought the players and there is expectation. It's far better than we've had for a long time. It will be a real feisty game, there's no doubt about that and I look forward to it.

"There's no doubt that the spending of City has created all this (hype). They've had a good start and their performance against Arsenal is one you have to take note of."

City's Argentine striker Carlos Tevez could feature against the side he left in the close season if he shakes off a knee problem but Ferguson could be without defender Rio Ferdinand due to a groin problem.

"It doesn't bother me one bit," Ferguson said of Tevez's possible return.

"I think their best player is not playing. Adebayor has been their star player, he's scored in every game and he will be a loss really."

Adebayor starts a three-match ban imposed for violent conduct. The Togo international had accepted the charge for a malicious stamp on Arsenal's Dutch striker Robin van Persie during City's 4-2 home win last Saturday.

Must admit to finding it all quite amusing.

So if we win on Sunday are our real opposition/competition/rivalry...Chelsea? Thanks bacon
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 pm

john68 wrote:Having given this a little thought...

I think on Sunday night, I will put all humility behind me...and...I will quite enjoy being cocky...and...I will really enjoy being arrogant...and I will love the fact that I can look fairly and squarely into the eyes of any rag I meet and say..."YOUR TEAM IS SHIT"..."SO IS YOUR MANAGER"...AND SO IS YOUR FUCKING LOSER CLUB".

So Mr Sir Bacon Faced Taggart, for the 1st time in my life, I want to agree with you.
I HOPE WE HAVE FUCKED YOUR CLUB OUT OF SIGHT AND I HOPE I HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE FUCKING COCKY...AT YOUR EXPENSE.

One of the finest posts ive ever read :-0#
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I love part of Hughes' statement regarding Taggart today. When asked about him, Hughes said that he understands why Taggart would get so irritated after being constantly questioned about us, then with a rye smile said, 'but it amuses me'!!!

Our gaffer is the real Ice Man aint he..When it comes to the media no one beats him.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby blue 68 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:39 pm

TWAT
not you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby simon12 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:48 pm

shawzy wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I love part of Hughes' statement regarding Taggart today. When asked about him, Hughes said that he understands why Taggart would get so irritated after being constantly questioned about us, then with a rye smile said, 'but it amuses me'!!!

Our gaffer is the real Ice Man aint he..When it comes to the media no one beats him.

Following on from that.... this is real mind games. Deal with this taggart you dick...
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 08,00.html
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby blue 68 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:54 pm

good spot and I really enjoyed reading that, timing sublime ha ha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Somerset Blue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:30 pm

He's shit-scared.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby walshawblue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 pm

simon12 wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Following on from that.... this is real mind games. Deal with this taggart you dick...
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 08,00.html

just posted on that site but I bet they don't publish it as its full of scum shit
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY

Postby Fish111 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:09 am

"I am sure Sir Alex is sick and tired of people sticking a microphone under his nose and asking him about Man City rather than Man Utd. That has not happened in recent years.

"I can understand why he gets a bit irritated by it. That's quite amusing from my point of view."

Love it, Hughes seems to have no regard for his old boss. He must recognise that the old fucker is on his way out and it can be Hughes who will replace him as the most successful manager in England, but with City!!!!
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Dronny » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:53 am

Dear Fergiescum

From a fan of a small club with a small mentality and a smaller vocabularly.......Get cu*ted you cu*ting cu*ter.

Regards

Dronny
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only

Postby one man army » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:19 am

he says we are cocky, I say he's a cock.
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby Crossie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:31 am

Has he been looking at all our cocks? Ill poke his eye out if he comes near mine
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum