Tevez Could Play On Sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez Could Play On Sunday

Postby King Kev » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:34 am

Key103 have just reported that he has taken part in a couple of light training sessions since returning from Argentina and could yet play a part in Sunday's game.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Tevez Could Play On Sunday

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:55 am

I think he will play ...... It's a smoke screen...!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:56 am

I'd not rush him back, even for the derby. We need him back to 100% as soon as possible

SUPERB news though if he can play
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby CitizenYank » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:00 am

I would rather he sit out for this one. I mean it would be great if he plays .... but would rather have
him fully healthy.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:22 am

Like I said earlier I wouldn't be too surprised if Tevez and also RSC are going to play.... what a nice surprise that would be for United who are probably thinking that they "only" have to deal with Bellamy.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:41 am

I hope he does. He would be well up for it.

I was on the same flight as him back to manchester on tuesday and he was very relaxed with all his family. I would have expected him to be on our private jet with the medical team though!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beeks » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:48 am

I desperately want him to play...but not at the expense of being fully fit
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:48 am

Could it be that Leslie is playing the ultimate of 'mind games' back on Baconface? If he's not fully fit, it's definately not worth the risk as their players will be out to kick the shit out of him (which the ref will obvioulsy not see)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:21 am

I would be happy if he was just on the bench and gave us a last 25 minutes.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ruralblue » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:24 am

I also have a sneak feeling both could feature on Sunday, maybe on the bench with Bellamy starting. I wonder if Hughes is going to play the same game Fergiscum plays going into these kind of games. I can't recall Dougs posts from this week but sure he said RSC was ready to train this week, though i kind of remember him saying RSC hasn't been. Maybe he has been gaining his match fitness away from all the cameras and nosey scum.

rural
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:31 am

Think Tevez will make the match in some form. RSC - I haven't yet heard any evidence that he is approaching fitness - first team training is always 'next week' (free beer tomorrow!).

Could be a job for one of the young strikers on the bench.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby One cap Whitey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:36 am

I think Tevez will play some part too. I really can't see RSC being involved though after so long out.

I'd love to think its all mind games.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:37 am

Its crap though ain't it? RSC was supposed to be back in time for the Darby... It's a tough one as if he ain't fully fit and performs poorly he will be scrutinized severely afterwards.. However if he scores....
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:10 am

I want him to stud Rooney in the face stamp on Rios leg score the winner then run the length of the pitch and scream at the fans...seriously how funny would that be!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlooMooner » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:18 am

I too have a sneaking suspicion that he may play some , if not a key, part in Sundays little kick about. I'd love it if Hughes et al have been busy issuing dis-information about Carlitos in order to get them all off-kilter tactics-wise.
Failing that , so long as we set up with pace on the counter with Bellamy , Sweep and possibly Petrov we should get something to bring home from the swamp.
If not Petrov then i'd love it should Weiss be introduced to the Premiership . I really feel this lad has something a bit special and could be regarded by others as the find of the season . We all know he has quality but he just needs his chance. A little young and experienced perhaps but he more than makes up for it with skill , pace and invention.
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
BlooMooner
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Duh!?
My favourite player is: Gazza Bazza

Postby Vhero » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:41 am

BlooMooner wrote:I too have a sneaking suspicion that he may play some , if not a key, part in Sundays little kick about. I'd love it if Hughes et al have been busy issuing dis-information about Carlitos in order to get them all off-kilter tactics-wise.
Failing that , so long as we set up with pace on the counter with Bellamy , Sweep and possibly Petrov we should get something to bring home from the swamp.
If not Petrov then i'd love it should Weiss be introduced to the Premiership . I really feel this lad has something a bit special and could be regarded by others as the find of the season . We all know he has quality but he just needs his chance. A little young and experienced perhaps but he more than makes up for it with skill , pace and invention.

Already played in the prem mate last game of the season last year..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:46 am

He should play no more than a bench role and called upon if required.

The days of a occasional win over United being the highlight of our season should now be long gone. Not everything is at stake on Sunday and throwing an unfit Tevez on and risking further injury when we are already missing Adebayor and Robinho is not a risk worth taking.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:51 am

ross.mcfc wrote:He should play no more than a bench role and called upon if required.

The days of a occasional win over U***d being the highlight of our season should now be long gone. Not everything is at stake on Sunday and throwing an unfit Tevez on and risking further injury when we are already missing Adebayor and Robinho is not a risk worth taking.

I think this game is the king of bad timing mate nothing more. Being at the beginning of our new revolution, having a bad injury spell, ades ban and at their place. Everything is against us this weekend yet they still fear us so that's something at least. No matter what the outcome you can be sure once they come to Eastlands we are gonna give them a real game. At least they haven't got Ginger this weekend who to be fair has been holding them together since the Tranny has gone along with Giggggggggggs.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlooMooner » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:52 am

Vhero wrote:
BlooMooner wrote:I too have a sneaking suspicion that he may play some , if not a key, part in Sundays little kick about. I'd love it if Hughes et al have been busy issuing dis-information about Carlitos in order to get them all off-kilter tactics-wise.

Already played in the prem mate last game of the season last year..

I Know , I mean more a ''Ta - daaaaa!'' moment especially as its a derby. ie: Here's our best kept secret and he's bloody good!.
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
BlooMooner
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Duh!?
My favourite player is: Gazza Bazza

Postby paulmclaren » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:18 pm

A rag i know thinks It's all a big smoke screen too.
He reckons tevez will play.
Could be true.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum