Training Friday 18/9 and Saturday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 18/9 and Saturday

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Missing today were Ade ( having a few days break) , Vinnie/Benjani ( training together away from the rest )Nedum ( thigh strain from wednesday's reserve game) and of course Robinho. Great to see RSC with the main squad fully for the first time ( who is it that starts the rumours!) and Tevez joining in as well. Micah also fit and back.Included with them today were Boyata , Cunningham and Ball. Plenty of cameras also there snapping away including self confessed fans of the swamp rats.

Great spirit shown amongst all the players through the warm up routines and some tasty challenges in the keep ball fun exercises. Not sure what the manager would want to see with us already missing a few players but just reflecting the competitiveness in the players even in training.As a balance I am sure I heard Petrov singing and dancing!!

Tevez was sort of looking ok but clearly far from fully fit and must still be a doubtful starter. RSC not ready yet and probably the same for Johnson who still hasnt had significant match practice. Bellers looked good as did Stevie but to be fair it would be hard to find anyone who didn't look ok.

It was quite a tough workout overall but RSC did sit out the last football part of it to work closely with a physio and Tevez and Johnson also sat out a little towards the end.

If Robinho will be back in 2 or 3 weeks with Johnson and RSC targetted for around then as well plus Vinnie we might be firing on all cylinders in October. A minimum of a point on Sunday and the world is ours!
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 18/9

Postby Beeks » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Cheers Doug...do you think RSC might have a part to play on Sunday?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Cheers DH great report as always.
Rag fans there eh.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Cheers Doug. Very informative as always!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby theinvisibleman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Doug... You're A legend!

Whats your thoughts on strikers for the derby? Who do you think will play?
theinvisibleman
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:02 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Cheers Doug...do you think RSC might have a part to play on Sunday?

No not ready yet
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:03 pm

theinvisibleman wrote:Doug... You're A legend!

Whats your thoughts on strikers for the derby? Who do you think will play?

Bellamy for sure
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mike J » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:04 pm

how did RSC perform in training? im assuming he would of been advised to take it easy. really glad to hear he is back. i really think he will do well for us.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Mike J wrote:how did RSC perform in training? im assuming he would of been advised to take it easy. really glad to hear he is back. i really think he will do well for us.

He looks a good trainer , definitely putting 100% in but they are still going to work him back to full fitness carefully and that will mean he won't play for a while yet I expect
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Cheers Doug...do you think RSC might have a part to play on Sunday?

No not ready yet

Is that really your opinion or did Bellers have a word with you on what you should post? Mindgames and all that! :)

Just kidding!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Why are letting swamp-dwellers in? Isn't there a trap door you can guide them toward?

Ball may be on the bench on Sunday eh?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Biamp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Cheers Doug another great report. Good news regarding RSC, hope Tevez will be fit to be on the bench. Do you think Tevez is fit enough to be on the bench? How's Johnson looking? Does he look fitter? How long do you think until he gets involved with first team action?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:52 pm

[ How's Johnson looking? Does he look fitter? How long do you think until he gets involved with first team action?[/quote]
I tried to get Bowen to say re Johnson when he thought he might feature but he wouldnt be drawn. It's all about being sure evrything is ok and following a carefull rehab plan. It still sounds good that he isn't getting the pain reactions he had been used to every time he tried coming back and he looks fine to me in training. I wouldn't be 100% surprised if he made played a part , even a small one , against Fulham but ideally a bit more reserve time would probably be the plan.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: How's Johnson looking? Does he look fitter? How long do you think until he gets involved with first team action?
I tried to get Bowen to say re Johnson when he thought he might feature but he wouldnt be drawn. It's all about being sure evrything is ok and following a carefull rehab plan. It still sounds good that he isn't getting the pain reactions he had been used to every time he tried coming back and he looks fine to me in training. I wouldn't be 100% surprised if he made played a part , even a small one , against Fulham but ideally a bit more reserve time would probably be the plan.

Cheers. Do you think Tevez is fit enough to make the bench? And how does Ball looks?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:00 pm

If Tevez is fit I would expect him to start.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Biamp wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote: How's Johnson looking? Does he look fitter? How long do you think until he gets involved with first team action?

Cheers. Do you think Tevez is fit enough to make the bench? And how does Ball looks?

Tevez could probably make the bench. It's been a bad start for him as he was injured for the start of the season and hadn't got fully match fit when he was clobbered by Elano.

Ball looked ok but most of the time when that played some football he wasn't playing as a striker when I watched him. Effort excellent though.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:22 pm

If I was a betting man, I'd say Tevez is going to play. Bellers on the left wing, and 4-5-1

Given

Richards
Toure
Lescott
Bridge

De Jong
Barry
Ireland
SWP
Bellers

Tevez
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby One cap Whitey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Doug your reports have reached the OS at last!

Mentioned in the fans POV now.
Last edited by One cap Whitey on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:58 pm

One cap Whitey wrote:Doug you're reports have reached the OS at last!

Mentioned in the fans POV now.

Beat me to it whitey...nice one Doug...looks like they do pay attention after all ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby david yearsley » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Why on earth play Ned in the reserves when we have no cover in that department? Cursed back and front - was folly not to have kept or replaced Dunnie
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum