Training Friday 18/9 and Saturday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Training Friday 18/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:03 pm

david yearsley wrote:Why on earth play Ned in the reserves when we have no cover in that department? Cursed back and front - was folly not to have kept or replaced Dunnie

Players need real match practice so it seems fairly logical to me. It was planned he would play 60 minutes anyway but got a thigh strain just before. Probably just a minor issue.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Crossie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:28 pm

I think Hughes is going to play Tevez, and its a risk that will probably fuck us up.

He wasnt up to speed before the international break, he is going to be far from 100%, and its much too risky to throw him in his "Arsenal" game aka Adebayor.

Its only 1 game, passions should take a reality check in that we have another 33 games after this one which we can concentrate on winning with 11 fully fit players.

If Tevez isnt fit enough, he shouldnt play, he isnt going to be 100% or even 90%, so no point playing him against the best defence in the league. Just stick it out with Bellers and Ireland more advanced, let Tevez get fit and he can stick it up them when we play them much later in the season, when the game might mean a whole lot more
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks Doug, I rarely (if ever comment) on your updates but read them religiously. I think you write them really well.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Head and heart time,

Heart says I want Tevez to play, my head says it would be a stupid decision to play him, the main reason being he is carrying an injury, and playing him at the swamp will only aggravate it, not only that but I reckon he will have the shit kicked out of him by Fletcher and co, a bit of pay back from the scum, we could end up losing him for weeks its not worth it when we are with out Adebayor for 3 matches.

As for RSC he is at least 4 weeks away from match fitness, it would be a great idea (not) to turf him in to the fray at the swamp, we could end up with out him until next season.

I’m afraid we are going to have to win the hard way; anyway it will be more entertaining
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:34 am

Douglas, not only famous around here but on the fansview of the main site now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:39 am

Slim wrote:Douglas, not only famous around here but on the fansview of the main site now.

it even links to this thread! Well in Doug!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Re: Training Friday 18/9 And Saturday

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:50 pm

The final training before the derby and they chose a pitch furthest away from where the watchers could get so it wasn't that easy to see too much in detail. Everyone out that was expected again including Tevez with a big strapping on his bad knee. He wasn't looking very lively today so I would guess a bit of reaction from yesterday's work.

The fun was there to see again and as ever in the left right exercise Bridge showed that he doesnt know which is which ( sorry Wayne). He wasn't alone but he does seem to excel in going the wrong way. When they got to some football I think I got a first viewing of what we all hope to see plenty of. Two great finishes from RSC. 1 header from a right wing cross and then a right footer at the back post from a left wing cross. Still not match fit but great to see.

The football played was still competitive given the match tomorrow and Ireland took out a few in his usual tireless work. Barry took a little knock ( not Ireland on this occasion) but he seemed to run it off ok. Bowen did shout out to watch the challenges during one break in play. There was never anything TBH like going on though and it is better to have it competitive but controlled rather than no tackling at all.

Apart from RSC 's finishes there were a number of other good ones but I would single out a beauty from Zabba breaking from the right and slamming it past Taylor and then right near the end a gem from johnno from 20 yards. Nothing to be gleaned from the formations in the teams and no doubt a little care being taken to give nothing away to potential prying eyes ( only one cameraman there today )
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 18/9 and Saturday

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Cheers Dougie Boy, but just to clarify, was that this mornings session?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Cheers Doug. Tevez looking like he won't make it then, with his knee very obviously strapped up & everything....hmmm (scratches chin suspiciously).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby pepsi_dave » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Cheers Doug... what happens with the players now then between the end of training and tomorrows game, do they all go inside and spend another hour or two going over tactics etc, and who is going to have what role in the game ie who's marking who, etc.

Or do they all just go home now, and spend the rest of the day relaxing? I would expect that normally they would be in a hotel somewhere for a normal away game that's a bit further away than the north west, but with this one being so close to home I imagine things are a little different?!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby pepsi_dave » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Doug. Tevez looking like he won't make it then, with his knee very obviously strapped up & everything....hmmm (scratches chin suspiciously).

Haha, I wonder?! Hughes is used to Cuntfaces mind games, so I wonder whether this is taken straight from that manual!

I guess we will all find out tomorrow! Although personally I think he'll start on the Bench!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:49 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Doug. Tevez looking like he won't make it then, with his knee very obviously strapped up & everything....hmmm (scratches chin suspiciously).

Haha, I wonder?! Hughes is used to Cuntfaces mind games, so I wonder whether this is taken straight from that manual!

I guess we will all find out tomorrow! Although personally I think he'll start on the Bench!

If this was Ferguson, they'd all come out of the tunnel like the fucking magnificent 7 with all the injured players, even Robinho, all magically cured & we wouldn't even be surprised.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:50 pm

Yes it was saturday's training. What they do from there I don't know but I could imagine a hotel with some discussions about tactics , corners and marking sounds good.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:33 am

Cheers Doug, another great report as usual. The squad seems to be in great spirit, good to hear Johnno is getting along well.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:11 am

Rumour has it that Fergiescum's helicopter flew over the training fields yesterday, anything on this DH?
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:06 am

RSC wont get match fit without playing matches. Give him a run.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 am

A helicopter did go into the swamp training ground yesterday but it didn't come to close to us. It might have been baconface but it was a different chopper to one a week or so ago that he was definitely in and going off to the races( so a cameraman said anyway)

Just for the record I think Tevez is likely to play today unless the reaction to training was too bad. He looked good enough on Friday and I reckon was pencilled in but on Saturday he looked a doubtful starter. Probably just a reaction to the training and maybe also he had been told to take it very easy. The medical guys would I am sure say no if he might make the injury much worse. We will know in 3 hours.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:12 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A helicopter did go into the swamp training ground yesterday but it didn't come to close to us. It might have been baconface but it was a different chopper to one a week or so ago that he was definitely in and going off to the races( so a cameraman said anyway)

Just for the record I think Tevez is likely to play today unless the reaction to training was too bad. He looked good enough on Friday and I reckon was pencilled in but on Saturday he looked a doubtful starter. Probably just a reaction to the training and maybe also he had been told to take it very easy. The medical guys would I am sure say no if he might make the injury much worse. We will know in 3 hours.

GET IN!!
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum