How the takeover of Manchester City came just in time to res

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How the takeover of Manchester City came just in time to res

Postby Mike J » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:56 am

i actually think i love khaldoon.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Mike J wrote:i actually think i love khaldoon.

You could do a lot worse.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby saulman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Wow. I was actually scared reading that and had to keep on reminding myself that everything's actually OK now. I had no idea that things had gotten so bad. Even when the most pessimistic of the doom squad of this site were bleeting on about how bad things were I thought they we're just up to their usual mischief making.

I remember clearly that I was never really seriously worried at the time and it just goes to show that I'm either a blinkered optimist or had my head buried in the sand. Either way I was wrong.

Also, after reading that, I will not judge Hughes on his performance for last season at all. The slate was wiped clean in the summer.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby pepsi_dave » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:22 pm

What the feck.... I knew things weren't exactly rosy at City... we all knew Thaksin had assets frozen, and we all knew that there were cashflow problems and that we had to borrow money from Wardle, and we all knew that we had bought players against future television payments. But I doubt for one minute any of us knew the true reality of what state our club was in.....

Assuming everything in that articl is true, I am totally shocked that club with the history and heritage of City could have been in such a horrible position, and by the sounds of things, being very close to absolute meltdown!!!!

I personally have appreciated and been thankful of everything that Sheiky and Khaldoon have done for us, but to realise the full extent of where we were heading, and how they have changed our fortunes, I am even more appreciative and thankful.

Thaksin, at the time seemed like we had quite good prospects, and seemed like we were going places. We had some good times while Thaksin was in charge, but thank fuck he had contacts with Sheiky and co.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby King Kev » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Crossie wrote:Wardle and Makin are to thank for saving the club the first time round, from doing a Leeds...

Ted Hughes wrote:Yet again John Wardle's contribution in keeping things going by providing money when needed is heroic. His decision making can be questioned at times but his heart cannot. Thank you once more John Wardle...

Fully agree with these comments. Of course we are all eternally grateful to Sheikh Mansoor for grabbing our club by the scuff of the neck and attempting to drag us to the top. But without the sacrifices made by Mr Wardle I very much doubt that this could ever have happened.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:19 pm

King Kev wrote:
Crossie wrote:Wardle and Makin are to thank for saving the club the first time round, from doing a Leeds...

Ted Hughes wrote:Yet again John Wardle's contribution in keeping things going by providing money when needed is heroic. His decision making can be questioned at times but his heart cannot. Thank you once more John Wardle...

Fully agree with these comments. Of course we are all eternally grateful to Sheikh Mansoor for grabbing our club by the scuff of the neck and attempting to drag us to the top. But without the sacrifices made by Mr Wardle I very much doubt that this could ever have happened.

Quite agree with that sentiment. They should make him honorary something or other in recognition of his commitment, While we're at it I think we owe SP a big thank you for preserving prem status with zilch resources (mind you the football was f***ing dire).
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:28 pm

i cant even read all them words
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp