How the takeover of Manchester City came just in time to res

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How the takeover of Manchester City came just in time to res

Postby patrickblue » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:25 am

Very interesting read

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... david-conn

How the takeover of Manchester City came just in time to rescue a club in disarray.

Khaldoon al-Mubarak, the chairman of Manchester City, flew in from Abu Dhabi for his first look at the club Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan had bought, on the weekend of the home match with Portsmouth, 21 September, 2008. Contemplating the view from the blue-cushioned seats in the directors box at the City of Manchester Stadium, Khaldoon might have been expected to be pretty content with what had been inherited: Mark Hughes' side helped themselves to a 6-0 feast and Jô, the Brazilian striker signed that summer from CSKA Moscow for £19m, even scored one of the goals.

Mansour had accompanied his takeover with an open letter to City fans, still the only public statement he has made about an acquisition which has since transformed the club and shaken the Premier League's established hierarchy.

In it Mansour introduced "my friend" Khaldoon, whose credentials were set out: chief executive of the Mubadala Development Company and chairman of the Executive Affairs Authority, which provides strategic advice to the Abu Dhabi government.

Mansour's letter promised to "build a team capable of sustaining a presence in the top four of the Premier League and winning European honours".

There were three votes of confidence in Hughes' ability to manage that transformation. The letter also pledged that fans would be listened to by the new owner — "we are very aware that without you there would not be a club to buy" – to honour the club's history, ensure the academy continued to develop even while star names were being signed, and to continue City's "contribution to the community".

These days Khaldoon, the executive chairman Garry Cook and all the senior people at City argue that for all the headline signings – Emmanuel Adebayor, Carlos Tevez, Gareth Barry, Joleon Lescott, Roque Santa Cruz and the other established players procured in an aggressive year of huge spending – they have striven to stay true to those promises.

Contrary to how he might have been expected to feel, watching a 6-0 victory at his first game, Khaldoon was seriously unimpressed by what he found at the club in the first instance, particularly the pitches and facilities at the Carrington training ground.

Hughes had joined in June 2008, after four high-achieving seasons at Blackburn Rovers. Kia Joorabchian, who first became known to English football as the representative of the unnamed investors who "owned" the economic rights of Tevez and Javier Mascherano, was playing a central role advising City, and he was instrumental in recruiting the manager.

The club were owned by Thaksin Shinawatra, the deposed prime minister of Thailand who bought City for £21.5m in June 2007 from the previous shareholders, most substantially the founders of JD Sports, John Wardle and David Makin. Thaksin, who was removed from office in a military coup during 2006, had by then been charged with corruption offences in his home country and had US$2bn of his assets frozen — yet still City's directors approved the sale.

Hughes, in an interview with the Guardian, now admits he was aghast at the state City were in when he took over from Sven-Goran Eriksson in June 2008.

"I made the switch from Blackburn because I thought City was a club with potential, in a good financial position, and there would be money available," he reflected ruefully. "The reality wasn't exactly what was described and sold to me. In fairness we were able to go into the transfer market, but there seemed a focus that players had to be sold, and I realised that maybe the resources weren't in place that I thought."

The Carrington facilities were also not as he had expected, bearing no evidence of investment. "The training ground was not fit for purpose," Hughes recalled plainly. "I was quite shocked by how run down it was. Blackburn Rovers is a good club, well-run and organised, it has top-drawer facilities as a consequence of the money Jack Walker invested, and I made the assumption …" he paused. "That was my failing last year; I made too many assumptions. I assumed that people and facilities would be top quality and it was patently obvious they weren't."

Deals to sign players were already well-advanced when he arrived, including Jô. There was, Hughes said, "confusion and miscommunication" about players who might be sold, and he had to address the first-team squad to tell them he was in charge of football affairs, and not to listen to anything they were told by anyone else. "Whether they believed me or not at that stage is open to debate," he grimaced.

On late 2008 Thaksin and his wife, Potjaman, skipped bail in Thailand and became fugitives after Potjaman was convicted of tax evasion in Bangkok and sentenced to three years in prison.

Hughes, throughout it all, said he tried to stay in the football bubble, hoping that Thaksin's public problems would not affect the money available or work to be done. "Probably naively, I thought you could separate the two," he reflected, quietly, "but obviously you can't.

"If you are single-minded, you have to work purposefully, and if you get to a point where it is untenable and not manageable, then you make the decision to walk away. I never got to that point — but," he shrugged, "I was close."

Cook had joined from Nike – reccommended by Joorabchian; they knew each other because Nike used to have Corinthians' kit deal. Publicly Cook was seen as an apologist for Thaksin, after a disastrous interview he gave at the fag end of the regime, in which he delivered the lines which always haunt him.

"Is he [Thaksin] a nice guy?" Cook had asked rhetorically. "Yes. Is he a great guy to play golf with? Yes. Does he have plenty of money to run a football club? Yes. I really care only about those three things. Whether he is guilty of something over in Thailand, I can't worry. My role is to run a football club."

Speaking before City's first home game this season, against Wolves, Cook addressed that character reference he gave for Thaksin, who was subsequently convicted of two corruption offences in absentia, and has allegations of serious human rights abuses long laid against him by Amnesty International.

"I feel dreadful about having said it," Cook said, making eye contact and looking genuinely, emotionally, contrite. "I have made some mistakes in my life, but I deeply regretted my failure to do proper research on Thaksin."

It all came out wrong, Cook winced. He had been trying to express the idea that he could not be deflected by Thaksin's political problems, which were outside his control. "The charges did not seem real," Cook said. "It felt like a political situation Thaksin had run away from. I did not want it to affect the day-to-day running of the football club but I was being enlightened on a daily basis."

In fact, Cook revealed, his own job had become a living nightmare as he too realised Thaksin's money was frozen but the people, and infrastructure, were not in place.

Cook felt that the job he had been brought to do, to lead a "renaissance" of City, was impossible, and that "the fabric of the football club had been taken away". He soon realised there was no money; City borrowed from Standard Bank against Premier League TV money not yet received, and bought players on deposit.

"Thaksin's money was locked away. Every bit of revenue was being accelerated and the players were being mortgaged. We got into a position where we couldn't pay the players – and John Wardle [the former chairman who had sold his shares and left the board] was asked to lend the club £2m. I was working stupid hours to make sure I was not missing anything; I was living in this paranoia."

Cook had been tempted away after 13 years at Nike's headquarters in Portland, Oregon, working his way through sales, and international business development, to latterly become president of the Jordan brand. He had been earning handsomely, and he came to believe he had made the biggest mistake of his life.

"My wife had packed up everything in our house in the States, the furniture was in transit, and I sat in my hotel room in Cheshire crying down the phone. I felt I had unravelled everything, undone all my hard work, because I had been seduced into this role. I realised I had taken my family into the lion's den."

Vincent Kompany, the then 22-year-old Belgian centre-half, arrived from Hamburg for £6m to further his ambitions, and, sitting recently in the revamped Carrington, surrounded by the new stellar signings, he recalled the turmoil he found at City. "At the time I signed I was supposed to meet the owner, but then I was told he had to cancel it to go into hiding somewhere. It was a bit of a funny situation."

Stephen Ireland, now 23 and who had come over from Cork to join the academy at the age of 14 – after being invited for trials at every Premier League club – said he felt immediately comfortable at City, a "family club", but the period under Eriksson's management had been too lax, and became bizarre when the club's owner turned fugitive.

"When Thaksin took over everybody thought it was going to be massive, and it wasn't," Ireland remembered. "There was no stability, people weren't sure what was round the corner. It was mad, that somebody like that, who was on the run and had been convicted of corruption, could own our football club, for our careers to be in his hands. Everybody was wondering what's next. Thankfully we got a new owner."

Hughes was playing in the City academy's golf day at the Marriott hotel in Worsley, Salford's leafy suburb, when he began to receive phone calls telling him that Sulaiman al-Fahim had announced an Abu Dhabi takeover of the club. Sky News arrived to trail Hughes round the course and by the end of the day City had signed Robinho, a move the manager approved. He recalled al-Fahim bragging about City signing galácticos, fuelling the richest-club-in-the-world label.

"I knew from the beginning we could not rise to that expectation," the manager said. "We didn't have the right players, we didn't have the right quality. It took a while, but the new owners recognised that talking like that was not the way they like to do business. They wanted to make an impact, and did so by signing Robinho, but the statements after that did not reflect Abu Dhabi in a good light and that is when Khaldoon was asked to come in and take over."

Khaldoon first met Hughes when he flew in to Manchester and they went for a meal at an Italian restaurant, Stocks. Both quiet, intense and driven characters, they were mutually impressed. Hughes then took his new chairman on the grand tour around decrepit Carrington.

"I must say I was extremely surprised," Khaldoon recalled. "I took a tour with Mark and I couldn't believe what I saw. It was not the minimum level of infrastructure required for a top-tier club.

"When I returned I immediately went to Sheikh Mansour, showed him pictures of the facility and he was very straight to say, 'this is unacceptable'. There were some quick fixes, quick wins, we could do at City, like fixing the gym, the medical facility – we had to do it quickly, because it was simply unacceptable."

Changing the squad and the culture which, Hughes believed, was too slack, would take longer, but the Abu Dhabi owners pulled in contractors they knew and the gym and treatment rooms were overhauled in four weeks.

Where before there were a handful of stationary bikes, a couple of treadmills, no dedicated weights room and desultory gloom, now there are 20 bikes, all the weights and the multi-gym Hughes' staff wanted for training and rehab, a six-bed medical centre, refurbished hydrotherapy plunge baths, a new kit room, and motivational messages slapped optimistically on the walls. One is Muhammad Ali's famous quote: "The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."

Khaldoon was also taken aback by the holes he found in the organisation. A businessman schooled in corporate systems, chief executive of an Abu Dhabi fund with more than $10bn of government assets under investment, he found City had no personnel department, no finance director.

"I found it shocking," he reflected. "In the famous Premier League, to run without basic functions like these. I'll be frank, I expected it to be more structured. One of the big surprises was how amateurish it was."

After Mansour's takeover there was relentless speculation that he would sack Hughes and replace him with a marquee name like Jose Mourinho, the assumption being that Mansour's votes of confidence would prove as worthless as they notoriously have been from homegrown chairmen.

It was widely thought that Cook would go too, but in fact Mansour and Khaldoon quickly decided that Cook, like Hughes, was one of the biggest assets they had inherited.

Both men flew to Abu Dhabi to meet Mansour in the early weeks after the takeover. They spoke in the grounds of the sheikh's palace. Hughes remembered they talked for an hour, about Hughes' approach as a modern manager, which includes dedicated sports science and performance-analysis departments, his desire to build a no-excuses culture around the players, the positions where the squad needed strengthening.

"We left," recalled the manager, "and within an hour of driving back to the hotel, Khaldoon had a phone call from Sheikh Mansour saying we have to put something out on the [news] wires, that I had a complete mandate to carry on. That was a huge boost."

Khaldoon denies they ever considered sacking Hughes, whom he believes will become "a great manager", or that any ultimatums were given, despite grim patches of form in the months before the January transfer window. They also retained Cook, whom they believe has the ambition, and ability, to reconstruct City's operation into one befitting a truly top club.

"No question, Garry knows, and will say he didn't start on the right foot," Khaldoon smiled. "People make mistakes. But I could feel there was more good than mistakes. People say we took a gamble and a bet — not really. It only took a couple of meetings for me to see what Garry was about and what he could do for this club."

The chairman of Manchester City then turned again to the way in which the club links with the far greater responsibility he shoulders, for the strategic direction of Abu Dhabi, and the image, and the values the emirate seeks to embody.

"We believe in loyalty," he said. "We don't leave our men behind, we stick with them. We went through difficult times last season, but we all faced it together. And now, I hope, we are looking at a brighter future."
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Re: How the takeover of Manchester City came just in time to res

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:41 am

Great read...well not great but it's all a rose garden now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:31 am

What really stands out about Sheik and Khaldoon for me is, not only their riches, but the honesty. After one dodgy owner to another who have told us half truths and out and out lies we were, and still are, naturally vary about newcomers. However they have delivered absolutely everything they have promised and more.

Sheik and Khaldoon, we love you!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fish111 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:58 am

Jesus, i didn't fully realise what a bloody mess the club was in under Shinawatra & Eriksson. Why was Carrington such a dump? How long have the first team been trainingn there? A big company having no personnel department & no financial director, unbeleivable.

I was immensly grateful for the Sheikhs takeover before, i'm even more so now. City were on the brink of collapse, no doubt about it. It would have made the decline of Leeds look like fairy ride.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Crossie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:29 am

We were a Portsmouth ready to happen.

We basically HAD to sell to Thaksin, otherwise we would have probably lost almost everything. Begging Wardle for another 2 million to pay wages. That would not have gone on long.

I dont think we have been in great shape for a long long time, before the Keegan days, but it was the Keegan days that took us deep into the shit, looking back at it, Bernstine was probably right, we couldnt carry on signing crocked old players on massive wages.

Wardle and Makin are to thank for saving the club the first time round, from doing a Leeds, Thaksin, still unsure whether he actually put ANY money into the club, or was it all just borrowed upfront and players bought through payment schemes?

Mansour, we salute you, it was only possible to be fully saved by someone was rich as you, we have been in dissaray for 30 years, debt upon debt upon debt, never able to move fwd, only ever happy with just surviving, both quality wise and financially.

Before Abramovic took over Chelsea, they were in far far better shape than we ever were, they already had a very good team that was winning trophies and attracting big name players. We have started from much further behind, and we shouldnt forget that, no matter where we finish this year, its still very very early days. But we have been ggiven the best possible start.

Now, we are a real club, the real deal, and here we come.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Dronny » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:33 am

If it wasn't City you wouldn't believe it.....all the rumour and conjecture in the papers and on here and it was pretty much bloody true. Really SCARY to think we were in such a state that we should have been put down.

Thank goodness for the Sheik, Khaldoon and the whole management team we have in place now, it really appears that we have endured 14 months of foundation laying and now we are ready for blast off.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby pears12 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:50 am

I can't believe the shambles we were in.. i mean no wonder every season was a struggle, i mean look at our training facilities they seem to be horrendous by all accounts, like a few weights and a few exercise bikes..

Also how can an epl club have no finance managers or no personnel department.. it just seems so amateurish it is unbelievable that we were in such a bad bad state
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:56 am

City was basically owned by a conman before the Sheikh (even if he was a wellmeaning conman). Thankfully he recognised that he had to sell (probably for a handsome profit - 21m for Frank to buy the club in the first place??)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:30 am

Difficult to believe all those rumors on here at the time, I recall reading about the accadamey players been let go,or been offered peanuts to stay, we really had some weired results, the Midboro game, then that crazy thai tour, with about 10 spectators at the games, we were a pawn in Thaskins game, and when his game was up, we were re-born, and still now I can't believe that MCFC, that is the team that I have supported since a kid, had the piss taken out of so many times, is starting to rise, and long may we rise, thanks to Sheikh Mansour, and his team, and I hope he and they stay true to MCFC as we the fans have. This is dreamland..
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:35 am

It's kind of confirming what I feared at the time; I tried not to believe the stories of players being hawked around for sale behind the managers back & various shady characters doing deals in the name of City plus a badly unfit demoralised playing squad but it became apparent that it was true. It must have been having a terrible affect on all the players & staff & Hughes/Cook did fantastically well holding the club together. Well done & thanks to both.

Yet again John Wardle's contribution in keeping things going by providing money when needed is heroic. His decision making can be questioned at times but his heart cannot. Thank you once more John Wardle.

Now at last we have fantastic owners we can genuinely trust who also have the funds to deliver future success rather than having to sell our best players.

Thank's to Khaldoon for doing a great job turning the club around In a well thought out sensible way & most of all;

Thank you Sheikh Mansoor for rescuing Manchester City, without you we'd be finished.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:38 am

A lot of it I think we knew already - Jo a done deal, no money etc. Not sure how Khaldoon, with the greatest of respect, would know what top football facilities look like (Les told him as they went round), but it does sound like a seedy gym in a red light area and obvious to anyone. Shocking.

Wasn't there a big fanfare about KK and Wardle upgrading us to 'state of the art' facilities? Fuck knows what they were like before!

Interesting personal insight on Cooky too. Duped by Frank and holding the mess together for a bit. Landed on his feet then after his initial shock, and seems to be doing a great job for us IMHO.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:38 am

and thanks Joey.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:54 am

john@staustell wrote:A lot of it I think we knew already - Jo a done deal, no money etc. Not sure how Khaldoon, with the greatest of respect, would know what top football facilities look like (Les told him as they went round), but it does sound like a seedy gym in a red light area and obvious to anyone. Shocking.

Wasn't there a big fanfare about KK and Wardle upgrading us to 'state of the art' facilities? Fuck knows what they were like before!

Interesting personal insight on Cooky too. Duped by Frank and holding the mess together for a bit. Landed on his feet then after his initial shock, and seems to be doing a great job for us IMHO.

Cook did amazingly well presenting the club as if everything was running smoothly whilst being in the middle of a complete catastrophy! The same with Hughes on the playing side, especially with the early start in Europe whilst Frank was dicking about! The whole thing must've been an absolute nightmare at first but even after that, they'd've been unsure if they'd be sacked at any point by the new owners with the destabilising effect that would have on players/staff plus all the media attention, Robinho buggering off, Kaka etc etc. Incredible season. Now everyone knows the owners are men of their word & can get on with their jobs.

This Adebayor business must be like a walk in the park compared to all that.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:56 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:A lot of it I think we knew already - Jo a done deal, no money etc. Not sure how Khaldoon, with the greatest of respect, would know what top football facilities look like (Les told him as they went round), but it does sound like a seedy gym in a red light area and obvious to anyone. Shocking.

Cook did amazingly well presenting the club as if everything was running smoothly whilst being in the middle of a complete catastrophy! The same with Hughes on the playing side, especially with the early start in Europe whilst Frank was dicking about! The whole thing must've been an absolute nightmare at first but even after that, they'd've been unsure if they'd be sacked at any point by the new owners with the destabilising effect that would have on players/staff plus all the media attention, Robinho buggering off, Kaka etc etc. Incredible season. Now everyone knows the owners are men of their word & can get on with their jobs.

Our start in europe was abysmal Ted. But Cook has been brilliant since he joined with one headshaking exception.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:13 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Our start in europe was abysmal Ted. But Cook has been brilliant since he joined with one headshaking exception.

We stayed in the competition. How many clubs would've just bombed out? Answer; most. I wasn't meaning that the performance was great anyway, I was meaning that we had to have competitive games at a time when all this shit was going on, players were being approached to sign by Thais only to discover the bloke doing the deal didn't actually work for the club whilst others were being sold behind Hughes back. All the management did a fantastic job at that time & deserve great credit imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:36 am

This sheds quite a lot of light on Svennis abysmal second half of the season as well. It must've been during the January transfer window that he realised that there were no money to be spent, and that Frank was skint. No wonder he lost both interest and the locker room.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:57 am

I remember the rumours at the time about is being on the verge on bankruptcy, players being sold behind the gaffers back and Thaksin having as much money as about the average fan in Eastlands etc. For some reason though I never alowed myself to believe (proberly because I didn't want too).

I think this could also now explain alot about the mystery which is why Sven was sacked, I think around Jan 08 when everything was rosey and we were 4th in the league looking fantastic, Sven went to Thaksin with a list of players he would of liked to strengthen the side one being Modric if the rumours were true at the time and Frank basicly said not a chance. This is when it became obvious to Sven that he was skint and he lost interest and eventully the dressing room aswell.

Hughes was also sold a bundle of lies by Thaksin about how he would have money to spend and how he could take us to the next level, which imo is terrible because at the time Hughes was in a great position at Blackburn having done a great job and he was swindled into joining our club which was in the shit big time. Thankfully Hughes stuck it out with us and he is now being rewarded as a result, same goes for Cook.

In all though, thank you Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon for taking over our great club and living up to all your promises. I think it is now fair to say Thaksin's reign here was a complete and utter disaster.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 am

It's good to see that the club have shone some light on what was going on in that period, and to be truthful, all involved in the club must be given a massive pat on the back. Hughes and Cook did a tremendous job under the circumstances and this was one of my main reasons for supporting the current management. Me and NQDP had a little debate on why I was prepared to back Hughes (like many others) and my main reason was because of what we are just seeing now. They had endured the 'Typical City' that we have all endured, and were then given a new lease of life under our current custodians, who in my opinion (then and now), have more integrity and loyalty than any other club owners in football.

I suppose the word that springs to mind with regard to our current situation is Trust; a word that I haven't been able to say about our club in my lifetime. And I would like to take this opportuntity, now this story has been communicated, to say a Big Thank You to all who have given me such hope and respect for the future!

I Thank You all at Man City; My City, Your City, Our City, in you we Trust!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby simon12 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:47 am

I think in light of all this I love those arabs that little bit more. They are ace. I also feel that the way they are conducting themselves is mirrored throughout the whole club.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:53 am

I think with every man and his dog having a pop We might all want to take this on board ,

"We believe in loyalty," he said. "We don't leave our men behind, we stick with them. We went through difficult times last season, but we all faced it together. And now, I hope, we are looking at a brighter future."

Come on City
carolina-blue

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum