Even Schmeichel's Having A Dig Now!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Even Schmeichel's Having A Dig Now!

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Make your own minds up but for me, he has lost my respect!
Mark Hughes can forget about managing Manchester United one day, says Peter Schmeichel
Published 23:31 19/09/09 By Anthony Clavane

Peter Schmeichel has told Mark Hughes he can forget about ever becoming Manchester United manager – and that his Manchester City side won’t break into the top four this season.

The Great Dane spent many years at Old Trafford with Hughes and has been impressed by the way the latter has dealt with the pressure of being in the Eastlands hot seat.

Sparky, like Schmeichel, was a key member of the Reds team that rose to dominate the Premier League in the early 1990s.

And Hughes is one of the favourites to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson when the Scot finally leaves Old Trafford.

But Schmeichel, who spent a season with City at the end of his career, insisted his old team-mate had queered his pitch by becoming boss of United’s bitter rivals.

Schmeichel said: “It’s too late for Mark Hughes to take over as United boss. He will never get a chance now.

“I don’t think any United fan likes to see somebody who’s been at City as their manager.”

And if that wasn’t bad enough news for the ambitious Welshman, Schmeichel rubbed it in by claiming City had no chance of qualifying for the Champions League this season – let alone challenging for United’s title.

“City are not on level terms,” he said. “In a one-off match anyone can win. Even Burnley can beat United.

“But can City realistically win the Premier League? This year, no.

“And can Mark Hughes go toe to toe with Fergie? No. But I don’t think anyone can do that. For me Sir Alex is the greatest manager of all time.

“Anyone stepping up to the United job has got to win 24 or 25 trophies. And so far Mark hasn’t won any.

“He’s taken them to the next level but he’s under incredible pressure. If he’s not good enough maybe someone else will be get the chance there.

“To win consistently you need everyone on board - tea ladies, bus drivers, fans. United for some reason always have a blip after Christmas – then they always end up winning.

“That’s experience. City don’t have that experience. It takes time.

“It took United a long time to win it after Sir Matt Busby. It takes a perfect manager who knows exactly the right things to do.

“So it’s too early for City to start talking about the top four, the Champions League or titles. United have a currency that City don’t have. They have the Manchester United brand.

“As far as the players are concerned it’s about success. City have to pay over the odds to get players because they haven’t got that.

“They have got unlimited funds so they will get closer and closer. They can pay somebody £160,000 a week.

“But for a top player there’s no difference between that and 80 grand. He’d rather have the experience of winning the Premier League or the Champions League. Just because you have all the money, it doesn’t make you champions. That is something you have to earn.”

Schmeichel is looking forward to today’s derby at Old Trafford. His record in the clash is exceptional – he was never on the losing side, either at United or in his season at City.

“At the time I was playing for City, United were the best team in the Premier League and City were struggling,” he said. “We won 3-1 at home and it hurt because I am a Manchester United fan. I have been for as long as I remember.

“When you have a history with United as I had it’s very difficult to play against them for another team.”
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Even Schmeichel's Having A Dig Now!

Postby shawzy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Right thats it.Were sending ya son to Wycombe wanderers for a season or 2 :-)#
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:15 pm

shawzy wrote:Right thats it.Were sending ya son to Wycombe wanderers for a season or 2 :-)#

Young Smikes will never make it in the top leagues, especially after that statement ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Colin the King » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:54 am

What a load of rubbish- for a start, why does the journalist/Schmeichal assume Hughes would actually want to take over at the swamp? For all they know (and it's quite plausible) he'd have no desire to work there again and is perfectly happy with his lot here at City.
Secondly, Schmeichal saying he is/was 'devastated' by us beating them 3-1 a few years ago is a far cry from the events of that day- he was jumping up and down, celebrating with us and looked delighted. So either he's a liar or his words have been severely twisted.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:59 am

Does anyone remember that day? Classic!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:47 am

what a cunt. probably pissed off his son is too shit. draw some cartoons about mohammed and get blown up, only thing you and your country will be remmebered for red-nosed twunt!

ps - copenhagen was great still, overpriced as fucl though!
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:02 am

Apart from the last couple of quotations, I agree with pretty much everything.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:42 am

Mark Hughes can forget about managing Manchester U***d one day, says Peter Schmeichel
“I don’t think any U***d fan likes to see somebody who’s been at City as their manager.”

“It took U***d a long time to win it after Sir Matt Busby. It takes a perfect manager who knows exactly the right things to do.

Busby:1928–1936 Manchester City 226 (14)

hmmm.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:50 am

He would probably be saying something different if Kasper was in the squad

Why he feels it necessary to come out that strongly - just like every other RAG in fear - baffles me

I would say though - as much as hate to hear this shit when he played for us he conducted himself as a professional - unlike the likes of Seaman, Fowler and MacMinimum who were just taking the piss
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:09 am

CALM DOWN CALM DOWN! It's from the Sunday mirror! Which means it is total and utter shite journalism as usual from the most rag-lovng toilet paper that is printed on.

Who in their right mind would want the job after fergiescum anyway? Why would Hughes move to the rags and have no money to stengthen, proven by the fact that they resorted to signing Owen this year? By the way, all the journos were wanking over the fact fergiescum signd Owen and called it ''the most inspired signing of his reign'' What a great success he's been, hope he plays today.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:47 am

That's what you get for signing rags. Andy Cole, Steve Coppell, Schmeichel etc. all cunts.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:03 am

Who cares?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 am

Fish111 wrote:CALM DOWN CALM DOWN! It's from the Sunday mirror! Which means it is total and utter shite journalism as usual from the most rag-lovng toilet paper that is printed on.

Who in their right mind would want the job after fergiescum anyway? Why would Hughes move to the rags and have no money to stengthen, proven by the fact that they resorted to signing Owen this year? By the way, all the journos were wanking over the fact fergiescum signd Owen and called it ''the most inspired signing of his reign'' What a great success he's been, hope he plays today.

Its not all lies as some of that was said in his interview for football focus. He did say the was gutted that we beat them when he played and no doubt he will be gutted later when we beat them again.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:29 am

shawzy wrote:Right thats it.Were sending ya son to Wycombe wanderers for a season or 2 :-)#

I'm sure we would if he still our player...!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:05 am

My mistake, thought we were talking about the dog from Coronation Street. At least Les Battersby is a blue...
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum