The Bigger Picture

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Bigger Picture

Postby Patrick » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:01 pm

Im sure all our hearts got broken today by the trafford time irregularities but it really is a day to celebrate

We have scored 7 goals in 8 days aginst arse and the cheats without a full strength squad

We have shown back bone time and time again the likes of which I havent seen in city since wembley 99

We have proven we can score any time against anybody and that there are no teams home or away where we cannot beat

The last two games have been the"acid test" where everyone was waiting for us to fall down and do a typical city

we didnt - we are here our time has come
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Re: The Bigger Picture

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Great post Patrick, today's 1st Half performance and the fact that we came back from a goal down on 3 occasions means a lot more than a bent result.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Craig B » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:05 pm

We have absolutely no defence is what it's taught me! Great going forward but woefully inept at the back!
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Patrick wrote:Im sure all our hearts got broken today by the trafford time irregularities but it really is a day to celebrate

We have scored 7 goals in 8 days aginst arse and the cheats without a full strength squad

We have shown back bone time and time again the likes of which I havent seen in city since wembley 99

We have proven we can score any time against anybody and that there are no teams home or away where we cannot beat

The last two games have been the"acid test" where everyone was waiting for us to fall down and do a typical city

and 12 points from the first 5 would have been something we'd all have signed up for before the season started. Come on City!
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Totally agee, even though it's a bit too level headed for me at the moment ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Patrick wrote:Im sure all our hearts got broken today by the trafford time irregularities but it really is a day to celebrate

Spot on, Patrick mate. In fact you make so much sense you could well be plagiarising my post in the match thread. ;-)

I am very pleased with my team.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Fuck off Patrick, this is toys out of the pram time. How the fuck did those cunts get away with that fucking bullshit.

Fucking cheats.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:10 pm

The bonuses are:

We can still bring them back to Eastlands and cane them hopefully with our best players available.

Although it's sickening to lose this way in the grand scheme of things we've only lost a point and rags have gained an extra two if it wasn't for Owen. Might not make any difference at the end at all.

We showed resilience and character.

The more of this shit that gets thrown at us will make our players stronger than ever and we'll adopt a siege mentality. Not just the players, but the coaches, and Khaldoon and the Sheikh will surely have been watching.

If we win our game in hand we'll still go on top of them.

We have a lot of goals in us.

I won't mention the negatives because this a happy thread.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby crossan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Ranting and raving will not help,Patrick is right the bigger picture is that despite today's travesty we are back............
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Mike J » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:13 pm

good post mate. but at times like this i think it should be a rule that the ref comes out and explains where that injury time came from. im disgusted.

genuinely proud of the lads, although a few need to have a long look at themselves after their performances today cough lescott cough
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby citydonz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Good post mate.
I think we were robbed today. To be honest, that proves the point of how far we have come. We were in it, boss the first half, struggled second.
Its been a long time since we have all had the privaledge to "expect" from a city team. Im proud of the lads today.
And after this, we will destroy them at eastlands.
citydonz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:20 pm

OK, trying to get level headed again ...The main point for me is that we actually preformed below par (at least if you look at individual performances) today. Still we were only a bent referee away from getting a draw [u]away/u] aganist last year's champion. Yes, they ruled the game for big parts of the second half, but we were actually the better team in the firsat half, and I dobelieve we could have finished them off if we had scored then.

I.E, there's lot's to look forward to for te return game!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Grob » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:We have absolutely no defence is what it's taught me! Great going forward but woefully inept at the back!

United are the second best team in Europe to be fair. And our defence is more or less brand new.

Plenty of positives to take if if you can look at it objectively but looking past the 96th minute of the match is beyond me at the moment.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Spot on that mate we can still take alot of positives out of todays game and when we get all our regular starters fit and ready, we will be up there come May. Fuck the Stretford cheating basterds, theve been at it for years.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:12 am

Last year they kicked SWP off the park and we really missed him.

We don't seem to have any injuries at the moment. It's a performance that can lift us if we let it. End of the day it's only one point, there'll be plenty of opportunities to gain it back with interest.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:16 am

I don't think we've started to play yet. I firmly believe we are going to get better and better.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum