Player Ratings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Player Ratings

Postby King Kev » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 pm

I didn't go to the match so this is from what I saw on TV

Given - 8 Would like to have given him a higher score but he did concede 4 goals. mind you, it could have been worse!
Bridge - 4 Is he colour blind? Gave the ball away 3 times in the first 40 seconds and didn't get much better after that!
Toure - 6 Tried manfully to do the work of 2/3 men
Lescott - 4 I just don't get it?
Richards - 5 I honestly think I could get past him and put a cross in! De Jong, Toure and SWP did most of his work
Barry - 7 Top player, took his goal well and worked really hard
De Jong - 7 Broke their play up well, I still can't believe there are people who can't see how good he is
SWP - 7 Got kicked all over the park but never gave up and worked his arse off
Ireland - 5 Invisible, should have been replaced.
Bellamy - 9 To play like that and end up on the losing side must really piss him off. I hope he gets his golf clubs out in the dressing room
Tevez - 7 Good first half, didn't do anything in the second, maybe not fit?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Player Ratings

Postby citytilidie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Given - 8

Bridge - 4
Toure - 7
Lescott - 3
Richards - 3

Barry - 8
De Jong - 7
SWP - 8
Ireland - 4

Bellers - 10
Tevez - 7
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby citydonz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Mate, it was terrible. He's had a poor start to the season in general.
just doesnt look sharp.
citydonz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:23 pm

King Kev wrote:I didn't go to the match so this is from what I saw on TV

Given - 8 Would like to have given him a higher score but he did concede 4 goals. mind you, it could have been worse!
Bridge - 4 Is he colour blind? Gave the ball away 3 times in the first 40 seconds and didn't get much better after that!
Richards - 5 I honestly think I could get past him and put a cross in! De Jong, Toure and SWP did most of his work
De Jong - 7 Broke their play up well, I still can't believe there are people who can't see how good he is
Bellamy - 9 To play like that and end up on the losing side must really piss him off. I hope he gets his golf clubs out in the dressing room

I thought Bridge was slightly better than that, and Ireland was only a post away from an assist (albeit quite quiet).
Bellamy was staggeringly good - who does that at the swamp?

Lescott - as I said many times before we signed him - is not as good a defender as Richard Dunne. He is crap in the air.

I basically agree with you about all.
Last edited by Dunne's Half-Time Pint on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Given - 7: Did make some terrific saves, but also think he should've been able to stop the 3-2 goal (or Fletcher's second, which ever that was - I'm drunk)

Bridge - 4
Toure - 7
Lescott -5
Richards - 5

Barry - 6
De Jong - 6
SWP - 7
Ireland - 5

Bellers - 10
Tevez - 7

I.E, we didn't pålay that well, but still we almost draw to those bastards at their home court.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby paddyblue » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:25 pm

RICHARDS 2 thats being generous, giggs had his easiest game for many a year
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:33 pm

paddyblue wrote:RICHARDS 2 thats being generous, giggs had his easiest game for many a year

To be fair on Richards he did well in the first half keeping things going.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby CityGer » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Given 9 - Produced some world class saves.

Richards 3 - Fell asleep on a couple of occasions. Both cost us. Still lacks basic defensive instincts.
Lescott 5 - Slow to turn, lost his man and got caught out of position on a few occasions.
Toure 7 - The best of a bad lot. Solid in the main and brought the ball out well.
Bridge 5 - Awful first 20. Recovered but then got a tough time from Valencia when tired.

De Jong 5 - Didn't do enough for me. Didn't close it down, not enough tackles put in, sat too deep.
Barry 8 - Our best player in midfield, took his goal well, worked hard. Could have done more to track Fletcher.
Superman 4 - On a bad run, looks off the pace and lacking in confidence. Time for a rest??
Bellamy 10 - Simply outstanding. Gret work rate and fantastic quality. Took both of his goals superbly.
SWP 7 - Worked hard. Didn't give us enough of an outlet but tried hard. The odd good run. Could have done more for their first but covered for Micah all match.

Tevez 7 - Ran his heart out and gave his all. Created a goal out of nothing.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Grob » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Given - 8 - No chance with any of the goals and made some great stops.

Richards - 4 - When a 36 year old Ryan Giggs is giving you the run around then your in all sorts of trouble. Has alot to learn and some glaring deficiencies in his game need sorting out if he is ever to reach full potential.

Bridge - 6 - Didnt think he was as bad as is being made out. I thought he was pretty solid compared to Richards.

Toure - 6 - Held the defence together under intense pressure but ended up conceeding the aerial battle in the end.

Lescott - 5 - Still settling in so it would be unfair to criticise. Needs to buck up his ideas though

De Jong - 8 - Best game in a blue shirt. When he keeps it simple, he is great for occassions such as today.

Barry - 7 - Got better as the game went on and cooly finished for the first.

Ireland - 6 - Turning into Mr Annonymous. Didnt realise he was on the pitch.

SWP - 6 - Some great runs going forward but couldnt handle Evra and his lapses were telling. Shame.

Bellemy - 9 - The man of the moment. Fantastic finishes, workrate and team play. Currently the first name on the teamsheet.

Tevez - 7 - Persistance made the first and played out of position when only half fit for the good of the team and squad. Deserves credit just for that even if his impact ws limited.

Sub

Petrov - 6 - Lively as always from the bench. Probably not good enough defensivly to win a starting spot which is a shame as hes a good player.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:17 pm

citydonz wrote:Ireland - 5 Invisible, should have been replaced.

just doesnt look sharp.

he did well defensively but he hardly got out of our half in the second half with their '12th man' awarding them frees whenever they lost the ball after being jostled by our players
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:

I thought Bridge was slightly better than that, and Ireland was only a post away from an assist (albeit quite quiet).

Lescott - as I said many times before we signed him - is not as good a defender as Richard Dunne. He is crap in the air.

I said the same, MANY times,...and despite NQDP and his ilk accusing me of being Dunney's 'lover',...or worse,...he's proving me right at Villa
The Original Special One

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Given- 8 Made some great saves but might have done better for the Fletcher goal

Bridge-4 Doesnt put enough pressure on and seems to avoid puttin in a tackle

Lescott-5 Didnt really do too much right and maybe still needs to settle into he side

Toure-7 got forward well and was by far the best defender.

Richards-4 why has Hughes dropped Zabz for Richards? still looks iffy lik last season

Barry-7 looked pretty good but was prob dragged down with how poor Ireland was playing.took his goal well

De Jong- 6 seemd to do the job in the first but didnt do it second which is prob why we was put under so much pressure

Ireland- 3 absolutly aweful. I like Ireland but he looked none too far from a crap player in the park with friends that thinks its best he stayed out of the way and avoided touchin the ball in any way at all so he dint ge the piss taken out of him on how shit he was at football.

SWP-7 caused problems,put the effort in but maybe could have got stuck in a little more and not kept the ball at his feet as long as he did, pass it more.

Bellamy-9 really plays with energy and took his goals well. Pitty the rest didnt try as hard as him.

Tevez-6 not a player that can play upfront on his own..Put the effort in but needed more help
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

You also said that Rio Ferdinand is one of the best defenders in the world.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Given - 8

Bridge - 5
Toure - 7
Lescott - 5
Richards - 4

Barry - 7
de Jong - 6
Ireland - 5

Bellamy - 9
Tevez - 7
Wright-Phillips - 6
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

You also said that Rio Ferdinand is one of the best defenders in the world.

Funnily enough, I also said to my brother last night that Rio has been below par this season any time I've seen him play!

Now how about replying to my 'our defence' thread? :)
The Original Special One

Postby petrov » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 pm

The Original Special One wrote:

just doesnt look sharp.

he did well defensively but he hardly got out of our half in the second half with their '12th man' awarding them frees whenever they lost the ball after being jostled by our players

Oh stop already, irish players can have bad games you know. Ireland has being very average this season, tbh if we still had Elano I'd be playing him ahead of superman atm and I can't stand Elano.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 pm

citytilidie wrote:Given - 8

Bridge - 4
Toure - 7
Lescott - 3
Richards - 3

Barry - 8
De Jong - 7
SWP - 8
Ireland - 4

Bellers - 10
Tevez - 7

Completely disagree with you, mate! Given saved some gols but was completely awful on their corners giving a lot of terrible pression on his defense partners. 3 or 4 are not the correct votes for some of our players. If Barry or de Jong often forgot position in 2nd part of this game what could they do Micah, Wayne and Joleon? Remember they are City, not Wigan or Burnley players!My own opinion is everybody playing today tried to do his best against a fucking but strong squad!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Given - 8

Richards - 4
Toure - 6
Lescott - 4
Bridge - 6

De Jong - 5
Ireland - 4
Barry - 7

SWP - 6
Bellamy - 9.5
Tevez - 7.5
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:31 pm

petrov wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:

just doesnt look sharp.

Oh stop already, irish players can have bad games you know. Ireland has being very average this season, tbh if we still had Elano I'd be playing him ahead of superman atm and I can't stand Elano.

I take it you're another one of these English natives that get very 'defensive' of criticism of their compatriots then?
I agree with you that Ireland has been 'below par' this season, by the way!
The Original Special One

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Given 9 - Could've been 6 without him
Richards 4 - Completely lost
Toure 6 - Best of all the defenders today and tried his best but fact remains that he was leading defence that conceded 4
Lescott 3 - Awfull game
Bridge 4 - Same old same old
De Jong 2 - Absolutely shocking and couldn't do his job at all. Weak rag midfield of Fletcher Anderson were running circles around him.
Barry 6 - Good finish for his goal but faded in second half
Ireland 5 - Brilliant in first half but after we changed the system he was never in races in unfamiliar position
SWP 7 - Some great runs as always
Tevez 8 - Worked his socks off and more or less created the first goal out of nothing
Bellamy 10 - Stunning performance.

Subs:
Petrov 8- Created the third goal and almost scored with a cracking shot from the edge of the area. Can't ask much more from sub.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum