Hughes is Blue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hughes is Blue

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:40 pm

shawzy wrote:Any doubts about Hughes not being a dyed in the wool blue are totally banished.
Did you see the hurt and glare in his eyes.His heart was ripped apart by the manner of this defeat.
It theres one man to bring a trophy to COMS my no1 is MH by far

If ever it was possible for a man to give a frosty hand shake it was Hughes shaking Baconface's hand after the whistle - if I wasnt in the process of having a stroke at the extra time goal (that was beyond injury time) I would have chuckled at it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Blue2 wrote:He's about as blue as Steve Bruce, he's only blue until Utd come calling or a bigger " project" comes along, same as most of the players.

Absolutely.

fuckoff

MARK HUGHES IS A BLUE

HE HATES FERGIE
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:43 pm

after reading some of the posts in this thread, its very clear that some people (in the words of Sister of Fu) need to give their head a wobble. We have the world and his wife against us at the moment and we have die hard blues causing in house fighting. Its pathetic, especially when you look at our start to the season.

Have a word with yourselves and grow up.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Wonderwall wrote:after reading some of the posts in this thread, its very clear that some people (in the words of Sister of Fu) need to give their head a wobble. We have the world and his wife against us at the moment and we have die hard blues causing in house fighting. Its pathetic, especially when you look at our start to the season.

Fuck off.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:after reading some of the posts in this thread, its very clear that some people (in the words of Sister of Fu) need to give their head a wobble. We have the world and his wife against us at the moment and we have die hard blues causing in house fighting. Its pathetic, especially when you look at our start to the season.

Fuck off.

it is quite late
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

Fuck off.

it is quite late

Early, had my sleeps right after the game, sobbing into pillows and such.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Blue2 wrote:He's about as blue as Steve Bruce, he's only blue until Utd come calling or a bigger " project" comes along, same as most of the players.

Absolutely.

what's a bigger fuclin project than this you two? wobble yr heads.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

Fuck off.

it is quite late

Pussy.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 pm

saulman wrote:

Absolutely.

Firstly, that's bollocks.

Secondly, is there a bigger project than ours anyway?

In what way is that bollocks? Blue for me is someone who supports Manchester City through thick and thin. Hughes isn't a Blue and never will be. I think he is a Rag but many have been convincing me that he is actually Chelsea. Blue he fucking well isn't though.

Don't get me wrong, I am delighted with the start we've made to season but no matter what happens in the future he is and never will be Blue. As a Blue I actually feel offended that people would say he is a Blue.

I just do not understand the need of the 'same old faces' with the ‘same old agendas’ - some psychologist might be able to explain it

Surely anyone (certainly every CITY fan able to be objective and balanced) would understand that in the context of this thread after the events of the day what the OP was referring to was the obvious determination / passion of our manager in all aspects of this game - it was steely and passionate whilst highly professional- and that is surely good to see?? Surely that is what we want from our manager?

All the other managers that you and others were touting for also would not be a 'blue' - how do you define that - 'born within the sound of Helen's bell' - so who is a blue then - clearly very few of our past players (and I mean Colin the King and all the other greats) could be called that because most of them come from somewhere else 1st - and the same with probably every manager we have had?

Just what is this need you have to drag another thread into the mire making trivial comments totally away from the obvious context that was intended – it is just not necessary and makes you look silly - especially on a day like this

I have not bothered to read further into this thread because (maybe I am wrong) it will be bound to be more of the same old bollocks with the same old people talking the bollocks just to press their agendas – this is a day when we should be strong together in the face of more top 4 favors from refs – and indeed be proud that our manager does seem to be really passionate about CITY – but don’t’ let such pro CITY thoughts get in the way of the agenda
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:14 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

Fuck off.

it is quite late

Pussy.

cheers

Sorry mate, there was a football match on, kind of important and we ended up losing with just about the last kick of the game.

I forgot to put in the explanation for the americans.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:40 am

Dear Mr Slim

Me happening to be American has fuckall to do with anything.

And guess what? i happened to be watching it live just like you were.

Try harder next time...that one was a weak sauce attempt.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:48 am

I suppose you fail to grasp the concept of emotionally investing in your football club when you only have the choice of supporting franchise's.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:42 am

Spurge wrote:
saulman wrote:

Absolutely.

Firstly, that's bollocks.

Secondly, is there a bigger project than ours anyway?

In what way is that bollocks? Blue for me is someone who supports Manchester City through thick and thin. Hughes isn't a Blue and never will be. I think he is a Rag but many have been convincing me that he is actually Chelsea. Blue he fucking well isn't though.

Don't get me wrong, I am delighted with the start we've made to season but no matter what happens in the future he is and never will be Blue. As a Blue I actually feel offended that people would say he is a Blue.

Yawn.... can't believe these matters are still debated in ths sense.

He's a professional being paid to do a job, which means whilst he's our manager he has our best interests at heart because it's in his best interests to do so, which is exactly as it should be. Whilst he's doing the job he is a city fan by default it's as simple as that.

Unlike us fans who choose to support city no matter what, players and managers will not stay through thick and thin, they will do whatever they deem best for their career. Learn to understand and accept the difference between a professional's perspective and a fans perspective - I can't really be any more patronising than that really but hopefully it will get the message across!

So basically we agree 100% on this subject apart from the idea what makes someone Blue.

In this thread, I don't think I've ever questioned the commitment of Hughes or the job he is doing. It's the usual shit stirrers and one word posters who just want a fight that try and indicate that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue2 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:56 am

Wish I hadn't responded to this post, the only point of debate here is our thoughts on what constitutes a blue. No one has slagged Hughes off (although some like to twist it that way). To me a blue is a fan who sticks with the team no matter how good or bad we are and will do so until they die, not just beacause they are employed by the club to do a job. Employees in general are not what I would term a fan - a blue. There are some exceptions, mainly those players or managers that have been here for many years and continue to be connected with the club even after they have left.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:28 am

Blue2 wrote:Wish I hadn't responded to this post, the only point of debate here is our thoughts on what constitutes a blue. No one has slagged Hughes off (although some like to twist it that way). To me a blue is a fan who sticks with the team no matter how good or bad we are and will do so until they die, not just beacause they are employed by the club to do a job. Employees in general are not what I would term a fan - a blue. There are some exceptions, mainly those players or managers that have been here for many years and continue to be connected with the club even after they have left.

This was exactly the point I was agreeing with. I just hope some people would actually read what was said rather than try to twist words and claim something was said which wasn't.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 am

Yawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:50 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Yawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I 2nd that yawn –

the points that NQDPare missing are :

1. that yesterday we were robbed in a major game that had had a major build up – meaning

2. that we all are (or should be) raw from that and wanting to group / share with each other getting behind the club

3. the OP puts out an entirely sensible post because he notes just how determined our manager is and it is good to see him so committed and seemingly very 'anti-scum' - something that posters on here have doubted - this was a good thing to share - so

4. this would have been a worthwhile thread and understandably CITY fans would have liked to comment on that - it was good to see Hughes being so clearly pro-CITY

5. but almost straight away we get the same old same old 'position' from NQDP that diverts the thread onto some semantic bollocks about the definition of a blue and 4 pages later that has been it - with NQDP posting almost as many posts as everyone esle put together - and now these latest - see I was right posts - MISSING THE POINT THAT HE STOPPED CITY FANS DISCUSSING SOMETHING WORTHWHILE TO INDULGE HIMSELF For what it is worth in line with the original post - there can be very few 'pure' blues unless like me you have been going since you able to walk / talk and have remained dedicated going to almost all games for decades. Everyone else has to earn the right to be called a blue - and of course many many do - but for that there is a starting point for everyone

Colin Bell was not a blue to begin with
Francis was not a Blue to begin with
Joe Mercer was not a blue to begin with
Tony Book was not a blue to begin with
NQDP was not a blue to begin with

Etc etc - the status had to be developed / earned

Mark Hughes most certainly was not a blue to begin and for me it is far too early to be giving him that accolade – but the ‘spirit’ of what the OP was drawing attention to was how good it was to see him seemingly passionate about all things CITY – Like everyone else (even more so in this case) the manager will have to be on a journey to earn the accolade - but this was perhaps a start? - now that was worth 4 pages of discussion by fans – not self-indulgent semantics
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:53 am

So basically to summarise the whole thread:

Being a blue is completely open to interpretation.

Great, lets leave it that then.
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 am

mcfc1632 wrote:NQDP was not a blue to begin with

Class.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue in the face » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:02 am

Blue2 wrote:Wish I hadn't responded to this post, the only point of debate here is our thoughts on what constitutes a blue. No one has slagged Hughes off (although some like to twist it that way). To me a blue is a fan who sticks with the team no matter how good or bad we are and will do so until they die, not just beacause they are employed by the club to do a job. Employees in general are not what I would term a fan - a blue. There are some exceptions, mainly those players or managers that have been here for many years and continue to be connected with the club even after they have left.

This was exactly the point I was agreeing with. I just hope some people would actually read what was said rather than try to twist words and claim something was said which wasn't.

I along with most others here agree with both of you.

We wish you hadn't fuckin responded either.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum