cheer up blues, come on...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

cheer up blues, come on...

Postby s1ty m » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:21 pm

ok, i am getting over this crap today. against my pessimistic grain, here are some really good ways to look at this:

1. if we had drawn v arse and today, we'd be saying how we can match the top teams and would all be saying how good it looks. 1 win and a loss is 1 point better than that scenario.

2. we stuffed 7 goals passed these 2 top sides. last week without tev and robbie (and several others), today without our best striker and one of the worlds best.

3. it's early days and we have taken some big steps. go back a few years, today mean fuck all.

4. we have the fastest side ever to play in this league, bar absolutely none.

5. we have yet to have a fully fit squad.

6. we are as good as the rags. i would like to have seen the match up today with adebayor - we'd have won, i am convinced.

7. we conceded in the first minute and never folded; actaully we came back and were the better side in that 1st half. so they got at us after the break - they are the champions from the past 3 seasons playing at home, it is what happens. we almost dealt with it, almost.

8. we all know this is a good city side and that they are getting better and better. it is so obvious that they are going to be competing, so, so obvious. in fact, we are competing right now, evidently.

9. we have lost in disgraceful circumstances. we are 4th. 40% of our games against the old top 4 (lol).

10. we won 5 straight prem games before today (inc bolton). we have only done this once, in 1986. 23 bastard years ago.

11. we have won all 6 games prior to today and i think it reasonable to include the small matter of a win at a packed nou camp in that. barca were not full strength, neither were we.

let's beat fulham and west ham , welcome back ade the beast and get on another little run. we can win a cup this year, we can match anyone on our day with a non-pre-purchased referee and most of our players available.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: cheer up blues, come on...

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Good post and nice to see positive thinking.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:36 pm

if we win our game game at hand, we're on the same points as the cheating scum.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby s1ty m » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:44 pm

spot on mr nool. if we beat fulham and west ham, we can forget today.

and then smash the rags at coms...that will be a day everyone connected to city will be pumped for and we will batter them. definitely. rip them to bits.
s1ty m

Postby Redna » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:02 pm

I thought we were doing great in the first half and were the better team by far. With that extra luck Tevez could have scored at the end.
Second half though was a completely different story ,we gave up the initiative and were far to passive.
And when Bellers equlised the secondtime we went nuts infront of the telly.
Rest is a pathetic story.
We will get back.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby s1ty m » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 pm

Redna wrote:we went nuts infront of the telly

sorry to say i sat in a tense silence. i knew it wasn't over. that's the pessimist in me. but i never thought it would end like that, who would?

funny, last week, i went absolutely bananas v the arse. i thought that was the game where we simply had to win and show we can compete. today was, as is always the case with derbies, appallingly tense. i would go as far as to say i hate derby games, always have. way too much on it personally for me. such is my complete hate for the rags. i've been known to cycle around for an hour just to avoid the ot derbies, awaiting news by mobile at the end of the match. and i will never go there again. totally against my religion.
s1ty m

Postby play like we dream » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:36 pm

The response will be to revenge. I wouldn't want to be West Ham or Fulham or Burnley. And then Ade back, hungry for goals.
Then Kompany. Johnson possibly. And a few January defensive signings. Utd at Eastlands? It'll be an embarrassing humiliation for baconcheat.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:02 pm

We WILL beat them when they come back to our place, no doub about it. Think its the manner of the loss that is getting to everyone but come wednesday it will all be forgotten about!

one more positive....we are still in the top four with a game in hand over the team above us....good times id say
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:42 pm

yes, on the whole I am cheered up by what you wrote and our overall position so far.
But it does not take away the hurt of the manner that we were robbed 1 point today !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Return to The Maine Football forum