FA to look at Bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FA to look at Bellamy

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:35 pm

The Football Association have confirmed that they will look at the incident involving Craig Bellamy and a fan at the end of the Manchester derby on Sunday.

The Greater Manchester police have already stated they are launching an investigation into the matter while the FA are expected to make a decision on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

The Manchester City striker is accused of needlessly wandering over to a supporter who had made his way onto the pitch at the final whistle and pushing him in the face.

The Welshman's actions seemed unnecessary as the fan was being restrained by four stewards at the time.

Mark Hughes has jumped to the defence of his frontman, labelling the fan's behaviour as 'unacceptable', but secretly the City boss must be cursing the fact that one of his players has hit the headlines for the wrong reasons once again.

"We are investigating the incident and we will be looking at the referee's match report," an FA spokesman said.

Manchester United could also be in trouble after City substitute Javier Garrido was hit by a coin thrown as he was about to walk down the tunnel at half-time as the unsavoury incidents threatened to overshadow what was a thrilling derby encounter.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: FA to look at Bellamy

Postby shawzy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:44 pm

I expect a punishment..I cannot see any reason why he got involved with the rag fan.
I also have alot of respect for Rooney for going over to Bellers and puttin his arm round him and calmed it down.Unlike that tosser Rio.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:45 pm

Tell you what...why don't they just ban our whole team...then we won't upset the equilibrium at the top
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:51 pm

I fully expected this to happen. Watch them ban our last available striker through the fast track system now for 3 matches.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby pepsi_dave » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:01 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I fully expected this to happen. Watch them ban our last available striker through the fast track system now for 3 matches.

In fact they'll no doubt do the opposite, and drag it out as long as possible unitl the next time we face one of the so called big 4!!! lol

I don't expect a ban for this, I do expect a fine and a bit of a slapped wrist!!!

GMP are looking into the incident aswell, interestingly enough can the still prosecute him for assualt even if neither party have made an official complaint about the incident?
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:I fully expected this to happen. Watch them ban our last available striker through the fast track system now for 3 matches.

In fact they'll no doubt do the opposite, and drag it out as long as possible unitl the next time we face one of the so called big 4!!! lol

I don't expect a ban for this, I do expect a fine and a bit of a slapped wrist!!!

GMP are looking into the incident aswell, interestingly enough can the still prosecute him for assualt even if neither party have made an official complaint about the incident?

let's hope so because Craig was assaulted when the rag spat on him.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:

I dont think they can,i could be 10000000000% wrong though.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:08 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:

I dont think they can,i could be 10000000000% wrong though.

I think that it is different charges - I am sure that they can lay charges off their own bat such as "Behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace" etc
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:38 pm

That's fair enough... once the FA are going to have a look at Ferdinand doing pretty much the same thing to Bellamy immediately afterwards.

Of is it a different law on the football pitch?

Actually, scratch that - it all took place on the football pitch... but only one of the three involved was not supposed to be there.

Do they have an "inciting the players" rule?

Ah fuck this, I'm getting a headache - I'll leave it to the fair justice of the FA. They handled our last incident with distinction, using quality testiment from a key witness.
Original Dub

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Did anyone notice if Bellamy looked for a golf club first?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:07 pm

Florida Blue wrote:Did anyone notice if Bellamy looked for a golf club first?

If he would have battered that fan over the head with one they would be erecting a statue outside COMS as we speak...he's already a legend in my eyes

Bellers isn't scared of anyone...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Socrates » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:26 pm

I don't think we can question his intent on this one blues. Bound to be some repercussions, hopefully fair and proportionate but won't hold my breath on that one.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:30 pm

shawzy wrote:I expect a punishment..I cannot see any reason why he got involved with the rag fan.
I also have alot of respect for Rooney for going over to Bellers and puttin his arm round him and calmed it down.Unlike that tosser Rio.

Rooney recognised some of himself in Bellamy, they seem to have some similarities.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:

I reckon they could claim it's a public interest and press charges themselves or something.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't see how they could ban him and not be seen as being biased.

The fan provoked him and the Scum security is too blame, not Bellamy.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:49 pm

>>>The Manchester City striker is accused of needlessly wandering over to a supporter

Accused of needlessly wandering? Are they making this up as they go along? It is ten kinds of fuck all wrapped up in nothingness.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Punishing Bellamy may as well tell every nutjob in the stands that he can go onto the pitch and do whatever he likes. You have to send out a message that the minute you cross that white line anything that happens to you will be your own fault.

It will take a player getting stabbed before people they start taking this seriously, then Bellamys little slap will be put into context.
ross.mcfc

Postby Blue Jam » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:02 pm

won't be the first time the fuzz have had a go at Bellers for an alleged violent incident.

I only just got him in my dream team as well.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Cant see how Bellars(Legend) can be done for this.
It is the stewards fault for letting the cunt on the pitch therefore U****d fault.
And Bellars was obviously called over and just walked to where he was being summoned
Rag_hater

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Well it looks like Bellers is getting a ban now ffs, if you closley look at the video, the rag clearly tries to head-butt Bellers before he pushed his face.

This now leaves us with how many strikers for Fulham and West Ham?

Tevez and David Ball?

Unless Roque Santa Cruz makes a recovery by next Monday it looks very likely.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum