Mark Bowen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mark Bowen

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:48 am

dazby wrote:Doug, next time you see Mark Bowen please congratulate him for me. I thought he was brilliant in that interview. He didn't take a backward step. I loved his passion. Top stuff.

He really comes across very well in any interview I've ever heard of him but that's a master class on how do deal with media knobheads like Ian McGarry.

Bowen seems a very likeable guy from a football and human perspective.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
dazby wrote:Doug, next time you see Mark Bowen please congratulate him for me. I thought he was brilliant in that interview. He didn't take a backward step. I loved his passion. Top stuff.

He really comes across very well in any interview I've ever heard of him but that's a master class on how do deal with media knobheads like Ian McGarry.

Bowen seems a very likeable guy from a football and human perspective.

He certainly is but as I am sure many others reading this will think , and I do , the most important thing is that he is a quality coach /assistant manager who has what it takes to lead us to win things rather than just being a likeable guy.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby razor400 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:17 am

Anyone get the feeling Bowen wants to rip that cunt's head off and shit down his neck.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby paddyblue » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:50 pm

it was a pity bowen did not do his homework before the game to answer the shit when he said they played 80 seconds after owens goal
if owen scored on 5:25 and the final whistle went at 6:58 thats 93, between start of celebration and final whistle (not sure how long owen celebrated)
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:09 pm

paddyblue wrote:it was a pity bowen did not do his homework before the game to answer the shit when he said they played 80 seconds after owens goal
if owen scored on 5:25 and the final whistle went at 6:58 thats 93, between start of celebration and final whistle (not sure how long owen celebrated)

You are asssuming that the media timings are true and that Bowen didn't do his homework. That may not be the case, just because they said so...sometimes, they lie.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:16 pm

paddyblue wrote:it was a pity bowen did not do his homework before the game to answer the shit when he said they played 80 seconds after owens goal

I actually think he hit the nail on the head when he said 'Does that include the scum fan on the Pitch', because as we all know, it did. Also, if this 'Celebration Rule' is the norm, why didn't we add time on for the other 5 goals that preceded it?

Obviously Taggart has a word with the ref pre-match to ensure there is enough time at the end, once players think it's over and switch off. His brief to his players will be to play that last minute fast and furiously (and possibly tactically setting them up for this exact thing) knowing that his extra minute will be added. And although you can say we should've defended, after a game at the swamp is supposedly finished, I reckon players tend to sigh a breath of relief and are ready for the dressing room.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:58 pm

john68 wrote:

You are asssuming that the media timings are true and that Bowen didn't do his homework. That may not be the case, just because they said so...sometimes, they lie.

I agree with Paddyblue. If I was the coach and I was ringing up the radio I'd have everything there in front of me analysed to a T. And if one of those cunts said that it was 80 seconds the whistle blew after Owen's goal I'd have rammed it down their throat with my analysis.

Having said that, Bowen is clearly all heart towards the man city cause, just like Hughes, but the same question mark is still hovering over him as it is with Hughes. Can he do his job to the ability that Manchester City Football Club now demands?

I think not knowing the details of the extra time stinks of unprofessionalism.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:08 pm

edge275 wrote:
john68 wrote:

I agree with Paddyblue. If I was the coach and I was ringing up the radio I'd have everything there in front of me analysed to a T. And if one of those cunts said that it was 80 seconds the whistle blew after Owen's goal I'd have rammed it down their throat with my analysis.

Having said that, Bowen is clearly all heart towards the man city cause, just like Hughes, but the same question mark is still hovering over him as it is with Hughes. Can he do his job to the ability that Manchester City Football Club now demands?

You'll have to get a bite on that one mate.... class.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:
john68 wrote:

You'll have to get a bite on that one mate.... class.

Well it's true isn't it? He didn't know anything about it, no figures, nothing.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:18 pm

edge275 wrote:
john68 wrote:

I'm unsure if that last sentence was a real dig at Bowen, but if it was then you need to actually listen to the interview. Bowen said it was nearly straight away and McGarry interrupted with the 80 second quote. Bowen then jumped back in and asked him if that included the goal celebration and the fan on the pitch incident, which McGarry had no reply.

So in essence, McGarry was made to look a twat, similarly to when he questioned why Bowen was not getting his message across to the City players, in which Bowen asked whether McGarry had ever sat in 76000 full house who were going mad and if he'd ever tried to get a message across. Strangely enough, McGarry had no retort again.

However, what I'm wondering is, is which school of thought would you come from, McGarry or Bowen; ie. sensationalism or realism?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:
john68 wrote:

I'm unsure if that last sentence was a real dig at Bowen, but if it was then you need to actually listen to the interview. Bowen said it was nearly straight away and McGarry interrupted with the 80 second quote. Bowen then jumped back in and asked him if that included the goal celebration and the fan on the pitch incident, which McGarry had no reply.

So in essence, McGarry was made to look a twat, similarly to when he questioned why Bowen was not getting his message across to the City players, in which Bowen asked whether McGarry had ever sat in 76000 full house who were going mad and if he'd ever tried to get a message across. Strangely enough, McGarry had no retort again.

However, what I'm wondering is, is which school of thought would you come from, McGarry or Bowen; ie. sensationalism or realism?

Option A of course!!

Realism is boring - tell him Edge!
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:
john68 wrote:

Bowen just kept saying "Oh is that so? Right"

Along those lines, no facts or anything to back up what he was saying at all. There are fans who have dissected it better than he did who don't get paid a carrot.
edge275

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:03 pm

edge275 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:
john68 wrote:

Bowen just kept saying "Oh is that so? Right"

Along those lines, no facts or anything to back up what he was saying at all. There are fans who have dissected it better than he did who don't get paid a carrot.

No mate, Bowen asks if the time added on included Owens Celebration which McGarry said it had with the 80 seconds. Bowen then clearly asks if that 80 seconds included the fan running on the pitch in which McGarry mumbled '10 seconds', which Bowen replied again "Oh is that so? Right"!

Also, McGarry states his case and you can quite clearly feel/hear the anger in Bowen's voice who has been listening to this gash for over 30 minutes. He seemed to be saying "Oh is that so? Right" more in an effort to calm himself down.

So, if the above statement is correct (which I tend not to lie about), who would you ajudge to be in the know or in your words 'Professional', because if you believe that that Bowen is the 'Unprofessional One', I would have to seriously question your motives.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:10 pm

No mate, Bowen asks if the time added on included Owens Celebration which McGarry said it had with the 80 seconds. Bowen then clearly asks if that 80 seconds included the fan running on the pitch in which McGarry mumbled '10 seconds', which Bowen replied again "Oh is that so? Right"!

Also, McGarry states his case and you can quite clearly feel/hear the anger in Bowen's voice who has been listening to this gash for over 30 minutes. He seemed to be saying "Oh is that so? Right" more in an effort to calm himself down.

So, if the above statement is correct (which I tend not to lie about), who would you ajudge to be in the know or in your words 'Professional', because if you believe that that Bowen is the 'Unprofessional One', I would have to seriously question your motive

He stated no facts mate, he should've done his homework. He had no idea how much time was allotted to each specific moment and that's what stinks of unprofessionalism.
edge275

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 pm

I felt he was letting McGarry talk shite and knew that anyone who had seen tha game would know there was nowhere near 80 seconds from the restart after Owen's goal till the final whistle. He should have came in with a comment about the actual time being less than 20 seconds but i think his anger had got the better of him and he knew he couldn't start arguing or the lid would have blown off. Bottom line is he made McGarry look like the biased scumbag that he is and we all know who was right or wrong on Sunday.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:27 pm

edge275 wrote:

So, if the above statement is correct (which I tend not to lie about), who would you ajudge to be in the know or in your words 'Professional', because if you believe that that Bowen is the 'Unprofessional One', I would have to seriously question your motive

He stated no facts mate, he should've done his homework. He had no idea how much time was allotted to each specific moment and that's what stinks of unprofessionalism.

Just for you seeing you have selective hearing, check out 4 mins 10 secs until 4 mins 58.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8267926.stm

5 PL games, 4 wins (2 away from home) and a cracking 4-3 loss to the League Champions and Champions League Finalists, AWAY, and you have the nerve to say he stinks of unprofessionalism. Fuck me, what does that make every other manager in the league, and in Europe?

And as I mentioned about motives, I'm pretty certain that I know them for once and for all!

Stay Frosty!!!

PS. Ayrshire Blue, I agree totally!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MHiggi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Exactly Beefy, some people just aren't happy unless there's something to moan about.

Edge, don't you think it's strange that you've reacted differently to this interview when compared to every other person on here?

I think Bowen talks really well on behalf of our club (and on the training ground) and is really honest and open about things. It's hard to tell how good he is as a coach from the outside, but unprofessional he is not.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Just for you seeing you have selective hearing, check out 4 mins 10 secs until 4 mins 58.

5 PL games, 4 wins (2 away from home) and a cracking 4-3 loss to the League Champions and Champions League Finalists, AWAY, and you have the nerve to say he stinks of unprofessionalism. Fuck me, what does that make every other manager in the league, and in Europe?

And as I mentioned about motives, I'm pretty certain that I know them for once and for all!

Stay Frosty!!!

What's that got to do with extra time?

He didn't know a thing. Admit it.
edge275

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:46 pm

edge275 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Stay Frosty!!!

What's that got to do with extra time?

He didn't know a thing. Admit it.

I'll leave you to it pal!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Just listened to it for the first time and the thing I was most imprerssed about was the honesty of starting by saying our defending was poor. Yes, the timing was annoying, but no one would be talking about it if we had defended properly. Glad they're not hiding behind dodgy timing.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum