Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:49 am

CITY BOLLOX
Man City will not punish Bellamy http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 265810.stm

Bellamy earns Bowen backing http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 267926.stm

Michael Owen in no doubt City will be at the sharp end http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/eng ... d-1.921371

Lee Dixon's tactical view http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 266363.stm

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is lining up a January transfer swoop for Sunderland defender Anton Ferdinand. Daily Mirror

Manchester United are considering an £8m move for Napoli's Slovakian midfielder Marek Hamsik. (Daily Star)

Everton hope top sign Gillingham's 22-year-old striker Simeon Jackson.The Sun

Wolves striker Sam Vokes is set to join Coventry on loan. The Sun

Tottenham are tracking Sampdoria's Spanish midfielder Pedro Mba Obiang. Daily Mirror

Sheffield United are keen on French striker Fabrice Pancrate, who is a free agent after being released by Paris St Germain.The Sun

Stoke have rejected loan bids from Newcastle and Nottingham Forest for defender Leon Cort. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Manchester United defender Gary Neville may face punishment from the Football Association following his reaction to Michael Owen's late winner in Sunday's derby. Neville, an unused substitute, ran down the touchline towards Manchester City's fans to celebrate.The Sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... A-rap.html

Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker has apologised to manager Martin O'Neill following their training ground bust-up and looks to have saved his future at the Premier League club.
The Sun

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... lena-graaf

AND FINALLY
Former Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann has been dropped by Stuttgart after attending the Munich beer festival, Oktoberfest. Lehmann said: "The visit was part of a charity event and had been planned for a long time. However, it was not agreed with the club. Of course I accept the measures taken by the sporting management."

more soon
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:53 am

good to see that someone besides mancityfans.net noticed neville's celebration.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby kinkylola » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:good to see that someone besides mancityfans.net noticed neville's celebration.

now about that rio ....
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:00 pm

More BOLLOX

Thai football officials say they have asked former England captain Bryan Robson to coach their national side and are likely to finalize a contract in the coming days. (Associated Press)

Ronaldinho has denied speculation in the Spanish press he is considering retiring from football at the end of the season.

"I have never considered the possibility of retiring from football," the 29-year-old Brazilian told his official website. "The source of my happiness has always been to play football."

Deportivo La Coruna have targeted Tottenham forward Giovani Dos Santos to replace the departing Angel Lafita. (Spanish newspaper AS)

Portsmouth are battling it out with Notts County and Turkish side Galatasaray to sign former Manchester City left-back Michael Ball, who is now a free agent.

Manchester City midfielder Javier Garrido has accused neighbours Manchester United of creating a "climate of hostility" after being hit on the head by a coin at half-time during Sunday's derby.
Full story: Daily Mail

Meanwhile, Manchester City will complain to the Football Association about the behaviour of fourth official Alan Wiley during injury time in Sunday's derby. City are angry that manager Mark Hughes was shooed away when he questioned where all the added time had come from.
Full story: The Sun

Manchester United look set to escape a Fifa investigation over their attempted recruitment of Fiorentina teenager Michele Fornasier.
Full story: Daily Telegraph
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:11 pm

kinkylola wrote:
BmoreBlue wrote:good to see that someone besides mancityfans.net noticed neville's celebration.

now about that rio ....

hey kink just talked with a friend of mine, and we may go down to a place in arlington one of the next few weekends (when city don't play on a monday) to try out this pub called Kitty O'Shea's - apparently owned by a blue, inhabited by mostly blues, even opens early for City matches.

be a bit of a hike but we might make a day of it and hang out in Arlington/DC for the day - could be fun
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:39 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

now about that rio ....

hey kink just talked with a friend of mine, and we may go down to a place in arlington one of the next few weekends (when city don't play on a monday) to try out this pub called Kitty O'Shea's - apparently owned by a blue, inhabited by mostly blues, even opens early for City matches.

be a bit of a hike but we might make a day of it and hang out in Arlington/DC for the day - could be fun

Did you guys make it to Mad Hatters on Sunday? We had a good turnout I thought. We're going to start doing the place up and getting some City shirts on the walls and stuff. So next time you're in New York...
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Manchester City midfielder Javier Garrido has accused neighbours Manchester U***d of creating a "climate of hostility" after being hit on the head by a coin at half-time during Sunday's derby.
Full story: Daily Mail

Meanwhile, Manchester City will complain to the Football Association about the behaviour of fourth official Alan Wiley during injury time in Sunday's derby. City are angry that manager Mark Hughes was shooed away when he questioned where all the added time had come from.
Full story: The Sun

Good to see that we're gonna complain about Wiley. Thought he was despicable the way he shooed Hughesy away then shared a joke with Bacontwat. Unacceptable for a supposedly 'impartial' official.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Oh gawd I hope we sabotage United's move for Hamsik, we need him to get closer to my FM2009 City lineup. Failing that they could do what I did and spend 58m on Fabregas in CM2010.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Dameerto wrote:Oh gawd I hope we sabotage U***d's move for Hamsik, we need him to get closer to my FM2009 City lineup. Failing that they could do what I did and spend 58m on Fabregas in CM2010.

He's a top player. I also would like city to sign Arda Turan.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:35 pm

I need to watch more European football, I dont think Ive seen Hamsik play (certainly not that I remember)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum