C'mon Doug Where's the Training News Fella?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

C'mon Doug Where's the Training News Fella?

Postby Fish111 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:30 am

I really want to know if Bellamy can play two games in a week? i really want to know if Tevez's knee held up after Sunday? Is RSC likely/ready to play?
I want a little insider information on what team is likely to play tomorrow. I cannot wait for the Fulham game, they are going to cop from our lads, the game cannot come too soon for me, i just wish it was tonight so we can get the disappointment of Sunday out of my system.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Re: C'mon Doug Where's the Training News Fella?

Postby sandman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:46 am

They always usually have a day off ater a match and will not have started today yet.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:05 am

Correct that Monday was basically a warm down day. The players from Sunday will I think have been inside doing tests and gym work ( a sort of quarantine after playing at the swamp) with only the subs and reserves outside training.

RSC is not ready yet for even a subs bench if they stick to the planned rehab programme. Bellers I am guessing may well get a rest as we all know it's not wise for him to be playing 3 games in a week too often and he heas done that for 2 weeks recently ( Palace and Russia) Tevez we will find out today but we won't be fileding an " understrength" side that's for sure.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby TonyM » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 am

Doug, you know the Marks well enough and I think you are subtle enough to ask them something in a positive way so could you ask them what they could have done to change the game as we lost "control" of the game second half (here are some examples of what I thought they could have done)...
1. bring on Weiss on Sunday? Especially when Tevez looked wrecked towards the end and we needed an outlet to get out of our own half. Without a target man I would have thought a tricky whippet would be the next best thing.
2. decide to man mark Giggs at some point in the second half? He was their chief threat and I was screaming out for someone to do this. If we could have nullified him for even 5 minutes we would have gained enough control to get out of our own half for more than 5 seconds.
3. tell Given to roll the ball out to his defenders and build from there? First half we won many of those punts up the left wing to Barry, Bellamy and Tevez but United shut this down second half. Yet we persisted. I think this was the main reason for us not getting more of a hold on the game second half and it was shockingly easy to avoid.
4. address the right flank issues where all the goals came from? I can excuse most of this though as we only had Zabba to call on and I'm not sure just changing players would have made a big difference.

I am only interested in their take on their ability to change a game in progress. It's the only concern I have about Hughes and Co. I like their passion, what they say and generally what they do, e.g. their ability to find the right players and form a squad seems very tight and together. I'm liking how we are playing too, all be it that I think the strategy of soaking up pressure and scoring on the break is a bit risky. But I'm still concerned about our ability to change the flow of a game or fall back on plans B, C and D. To an extent I feel we sometimes leave too much to chance and hope.

I'm sure the players will learn from this defeat. There are obvious to focus on I think and I would think relatively easy thing to fix. What's not so obvious is what Hughes and Bowen have learned and plan to do differently going forward. I'd really appreciate you trying to pry some info from them on this and then blabbing it to us. Thanks a lot Doug.

(And if you feel this just isn't worth asking then fair enough. At least writing it out here gets it out of my system. :-)
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 am

Is there any news on Kompany? Someone mentioned to me that he's not expected to be 100% until early November. Is there any truth in this, do you know?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:52 am

So no strikers tomorrow then?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:23 am

TonyM wrote:Doug, you know the Marks well enough and I think you are subtle enough to ask them something in a positive way so could you ask them what they could have done to change the game as we lost "control" of the game second half (here are some examples of what I thought they could have done)...
1. bring on Weiss on Sunday? Especially when Tevez looked wrecked towards the end and we needed an outlet to get out of our own half. Without a target man I would have thought a tricky whippet would be the next best thing.
2. decide to man mark Giggs at some point in the second half? He was their chief threat and I was screaming out for someone to do this. If we could have nullified him for even 5 minutes we would have gained enough control to get out of our own half for more than 5 seconds.
3. tell Given to roll the ball out to his defenders and build from there? First half we won many of those punts up the left wing to Barry, Bellamy and Tevez but U***d shut this down second half. Yet we persisted. I think this was the main reason for us not getting more of a hold on the game second half and it was shockingly easy to avoid.
4. address the right flank issues where all the goals came from? I can excuse most of this though as we only had Zabba to call on and I'm not sure just changing players would have made a big difference.

I am only interested in their take on their ability to change a game in progress. It's the only concern I have about Hughes and Co. I like their passion, what they say and generally what they do, e.g. their ability to find the right players and form a squad seems very tight and together. I'm liking how we are playing too, all be it that I think the strategy of soaking up pressure and scoring on the break is a bit risky. But I'm still concerned about our ability to change the flow of a game or fall back on plans B, C and D. To an extent I feel we sometimes leave too much to chance and hope.

I'm sure the players will learn from this defeat. There are obvious to focus on I think and I would think relatively easy thing to fix. What's not so obvious is what Hughes and Bowen have learned and plan to do differently going forward. I'd really appreciate you trying to pry some info from them on this and then blabbing it to us. Thanks a lot Doug.

(And if you feel this just isn't worth asking then fair enough. At least writing it out here gets it out of my system. :-)

Fucking hell Tone you don't ask much do you mate hahaha!

He's a fan that goes to training sessions...not MHs tactical advisor PMSL ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:41 am

Douglas you need a blackberry pal so you can give us live updates.

Get onto the lads im sure they will find some budget out of the stolen funds.

;-)
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:48 am

If you get a chance, tell Craig I love him. Thanks!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum