mark hughes press conference on SSN next

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mark hughes press conference on SSN next

Postby kinkylola » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john68 wrote:Our tactics in the 1st four games seem to do it for me mate...and to be only extra time seconds away from a draw at the swamp was a decent tactical showing too.
If we win, its the players
If we lose, its Hughes.
Sorry mate...It's a Hughes/players effort either way.

If this could only be remembered by all on here... you can't say fairer than that.

take richards' 3-4 mistakes out of the game and the rags have 3-4 less goals. Hughes' fault? I guess for picking richards but beyond that it's all down to richards. I am completely impressed by the start we've made. SECONDS away from a 3-3 draw at the swamp, only to be undone by fergie time and richards' marking? it all sounds great to me, and what an improvement over last year. I'm so excited for the rest of the season I can't contain it.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: mark hughes press conference on SSN next

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:05 pm

john68 wrote:Our tactics in the 1st four games seem to do it for me mate...and to be only extra time seconds away from a draw at the swamp was a decent tactical showing too.
If we win, its the players
If we lose, its Hughes.
Sorry mate...It's a Hughes/players effort either way.

I think we were brilliant 1st half against Wolves and should have been about 4 up. They changed it at half time and we really struggled and were lucky to get the win.

Against Arsenal, I think they were far the better team, especially second half, but didn't have a striker of the quality of Ade.

Against the rags, once we equalised, I thought we were the best team up to half time. After that, I think we were completely outplayed, mainly as we were much too deep.

Can't comment on the away games, as I've only seen the highlights.

The players are ultimately responsible for the individual mistakes or the brilliant finishes e.g. Bellers 1st goal, but the management are responsible for the tactics. If the players aren't following the tactics, then the players take some of the blame, but so do the management for not managing them.

Nothing is black and white. In the games we won, I thought we were very poor and lucky in a lot of parts. On Sunday, I thought we were lucky to only be 1 down with a few minutes to go, but unlucky to lose after equalising so late. There were also a lot of positives on Sunday, not least the team spirit to come back 3 times. The management get the credit for that, for buying the right sort of players and instilling the confidence in them as a team.

Win lose or draw, there will never be a perfect display and neither will there ever be a display without some positives. I don't see anything wrong in debating either
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum