Training Tuesday 22/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 22/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Fairly low key today but everyone who should have been out was out. Bellamy and Tevez however didn't work beyond the warm up routines. Bellers stayed out for a while but Tevez went straight back in. Clearly not badly injured but must be major doubts for tomorrow.

They seemed in good spirits through the warm up stuff considering but overall it wasn't quite as bubbly as it has been. The football work was 10 a side with 2 strikers missing and a lot of work was being done as the play was regularly stopped tfor coaching issues. The pitch being used was the furthest away again so not easy to catch what was going on in any detail. One exception was when Bowen was spending time with the full backs on closing down the winger early to stop crosses coming in.( without making it easy to be skinned) Can't think why!!

Nothing special happened in all this . I watched Johnno for a while in the middle and he looked pretty good. Nothing exceptional and not making many driving runs past the striker but the focal point of the team and not giving the ball away.

The reserves were out as well , even further away , but working with Glyn Hodges was non other than Tugay. Helping out and learning was the word but likely to be one of the coaching team now I would guess.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 22/9

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Fairly low key today but everyone who should have been out was out. Bellamy and Tevez however didn't work beyond the warm up routines. Bellers stayed out for a while but Tevez went straight back in. Clearly not badly injured but must be major doubts for tomorrow.

They seemed in good spirits through the warm up stuff considering but overall it wasn't quite as bubbly as it has been. The football work was 10 a side with 2 strikers missing and a lot of work was being done as the play was regularly stopped tfor coaching issues. The pitch being used was the furthest away again so not easy to catch what was going on in any detail. One exception was when Bowen was spending time with the full backs on closing down the winger early to stop crosses coming in.( without making it easy to be skinned) Can't think why!!

Nothing special happened in all this . I watched Johnno for a while in the middle and he looked pretty good. Nothing exceptional and not making many driving runs past the striker but the focal point of the team and not giving the ball away.

The reserves were out as well , even further away , but working with Glyn Hodges was non other than Tugay. Helping out and learning was the word but likely to be one of the coaching team now I would guess.

as ever a good read. Thanks.
Tugay was at the derby BTW, in the east stand and it does sound like NQDP has got his wish!
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Cheers Dougie and good to see that there was a sombre mood around training. Says to me that they are hurting like the rest of us. Hopefully that hurt will be channelled into our upcoming games and remembered for the re-match at the City Stadium!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Whooooooo Tugay is onboard.

Brilliant.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Tugay at City as a coach on a Tuesday with Glyn. how very dare you !
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:29 pm

How did Superman look?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Does Johnno look ready to step onto the pitch at all? I think another option in midfield is something we are really missing at the moment
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 pm

I asked this in another thread, but I think it's gone off page now. Is there any news on Kompany? I've been told that he's not going to be back before november, but I don't know whether this is true.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby david yearsley » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:00 pm

According to OS Komps WAY AHEAD of schedule and available VERY SOON!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:05 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:I asked this in another thread, but I think it's gone off page now. Is there any news on Kompany? I've been told that he's not going to be back before november, but I don't know whether this is true.

Superman looks fine. I feel it's all a matter of confidence for him and as soon as he scores or sets up his next goal he will be fine. Johnno also looks good but the old match fitness issue is what he needs. I believe there is going to be a practice match set up soon which he will play in ( tomorrow?) and likely RSC would get a run in as well as he is looking pretty fit .

As for Kompany, he is getting out every day with physios and must be close to getting back with the full squad. I think I mentioned once before that in his work in the gym he was setting personal bests doing whatever they do . Once back training it then shouldnt be too long and i think he will comfortably beat November unless he has a set back.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Any chance at all that RSC or MJ could play tomorrow?
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 am

Johnno must be 'near a return' then. No need to edit the Telegraph City match preview for the last year too much!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Biamp » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Cheers Doug for the updates. I would guess Tugay will be the coach for reserves.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug for the updates. I would guess Tugay will be the coach for reserves.

One of them reporting to Glyn Hodges
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum