ONUOHA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

ONUOHA

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:41 pm

I LIKE THE GUY AND WHEN FIT IS A GREAT ASSET TO HAVE IN OUR TEAM.

BUT .....HE,S ALWAYS FUCKING INJURED AND WE CAN NEVER RELY ON HIM TO HAVE SOME CONSISTENCY IN STAYING INJURY FREE.
WHAT IS IT WITH HIS CONSTANT INJURIES????? HE REMINDS ME OF SICKNOTE DARREN ANDERTON!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: ONUOHA

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:42 pm

is he injured again?he should be in with a shout after sundays defensive shambles, onouha and toure on paper would be crackin!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Leedsblue » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Anybody bar the defensive we had on Sunday would be a bonus. Richards - England international. Dream on
Leedsblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:56 pm

I read a week or so back that he came off in a reserve game with a knee or thigh strain (Doug may be able to confirm). Would love to see Ned out there but in the mean time, will have to make do with what we've got!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Dubciteh wrote:is he injured again?he should be in with a shout after sundays defensive shambles, onouha and toure on paper would be crackin!

OUT FOR A FEW WEEKS WITH THIGH INJURY...........
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Yes he got a thigh strain in the reserve game last week. Maybe he should have come off earlier as he had the strain before the scheduled 60 minutes when he was due to come off.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby s1ty m » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:15 pm

to be fair carl, he has been less of a sick note this past year. prior to that, he seemed to be made of fine crystal. since though, he has had a long stint of fitness. given the size of him, i am amazed he is injured at all, he's like an ox.

and yeah, he is about twice as good as lescott, a player i really wanted at city. he looks like a pup now though. richards? fuck knows what's up there.

one bright spot, toure looks like a rolls royce of a player. best i have seen at city since dave watson, though not similar players.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Vhero » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Was with us nearly all last season and hes been out for what 4-5 major(ish) games and your starting a topic claiming hes injury prone now?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Vhero wrote:Was with us nearly all last season and hes been out for what 4-5 major(ish) games and your starting a topic claiming hes injury prone now?

It's a lot more than one injury Vhero. If you remember it was a long layoff that allowed Micah into the side in the first place.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Slim wrote:
Vhero wrote:Was with us nearly all last season and hes been out for what 4-5 major(ish) games and your starting a topic claiming hes injury prone now?

It's a lot more than one injury Vhero. If you remember it was a long layoff that allowed Micah into the side in the first place.

Remember Gerrard - he struggled early on due to loads of niggling injuries, eventually blamed on growing pains and playing too much as a kid. Not done too bad since.

Nedum played every game from January to the end of last season and was fit at the start of this. He's got a thigh strain which would keep anyone out for a couple of weeks. If he's still struggling at Christmas, I might start to agree, but I think last season proved his fitness.

A better centre half than Lescott to me, just wish he'd been fit for tomorrow.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:51 am

Slim wrote:

Fair enough but we got a lot out of the lad already and he still young.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Der Bomber » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:58 am

hes not to be relied upon for sure to make a good run in the team and we need a settled back line to sort it out back there.
agree with lescott,maybe the fees hanging over his head a bit and aint used to the pressure?
Der Bomber
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 am

The root of the defensive nightmares on Sunday would not have been stopped because of Ned as the problem came from the fact that we were being skinned alive on the wings.

Where he would have helped was the fact that he is not afraid to head the ball and I haven't seen anything from Lescott or Toure to suggest that Ned isnt still the best header of a ball at the club.

The second half of the united game reminded me of Hughes first 4 months in the job, before Given and Ned broke into the team.

Sadly whilst Ned is unable to put a full season together he should never be considered number 1 or 2 centre half. A wonderful talent when fit, however you cant base a key part of your team round a guy that is never fit.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 am

Toure's excellent allround in defense including in the air - apparently he was playing while fasting during daylight hours due to Ramadan which might go some way to explaining any drop off in performance (though I thought he was still doing well towards the end). For much of the match he was virtually our only defender though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:32 am

He's always injured. Perhaps it's because he's such an athlete & is more finely tuned to sprinting rather than chucking himself around a football pitch for 90 mins? Whatever, I predicted this would happen & it was my only reason for wanting us to keep Dunne. Kompany's injury record isn't great either btw.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum