How easy will it be for our injured stars to play 1st team?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How easy will it be for our injured stars to play 1st team?

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:05 pm

Given that we had an under strength team out on Sunday and so nearly drew with the Champions I can't wait for the return. Just made me wonder as to how some of our injured players are responding to treatment and what people thought about how difficult it will be for them to force their way into the 1st team and at whose expense?

Kompany? Hughes says he is shaping up very well and ahead of schedule, will be available very soon. Could he feature against West Ham?
Robinho? Any news?
Santa Cruz - Hughes says he may get a run out against West Ham
Onuoha - I read he may be out for 4 weeks with a thigh injury picked up in a recent reserve match
Johnson - Hughes says he should be back, along with Santa Cruz fit and well in the next 10 days

I'm really looking forward to seeing Kompany & Santa Cruz play in particular.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: How easy will it be for our injured stars to play 1st team?

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:53 pm

That's 5 players (+Adebayor).

Considering that we had 3 fullbacks, a very inexperienced winger, an experienced one and a complete novice forward on the bench on Sunday and played a couple of guys carrying knocks. I wouldn't be too worried about accommodating these guys into the squad.

A little competition for places isn't a problem.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby kinkylola » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:15 am

i think robbie could come back into the team fairly easily as I don't think SWP has been super effective, and why can't robbie play on the right? he is right footed ... and he can also strike with his left .

as for kompany I think he could take over for dejong in the mid, though I think dejong has a very specialized role to play.

johnson could be a great option as well and I'm excited to see him really come back and make his makr
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 am

I said at the start of the season Bellers and RSC wouldn't play whole campaigns, on top of that Tevez, Robbie and Ade have all had to miss games, injuries need to be taken into account and have been when building this squad.

On top of that there are 2 other things now that we are not used to. The 1st is winning games consistently without everyone playing all that well, SWP, Ireland and Micah in particular have at times not excelled, despite us winning 5 from 6 and could have a rest when we need to give another player a game.

The 2nd is the fact that Hughes will from time to time change a side depending on the opponent. All the big clubs can do this, now we are their equals we will need to get used to it. Leaving Robbie out for Pompey or De Jong out against weaker sides or playing a DM instead of an attacker away at big sides are things that will happen from time to time, forcing changes.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Return to The Maine Football forum