Rocque Santa Cruz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Will Rocque be a success at City?

Yes
77%
No
12%
Neither
11%

Total votes : 107

Re: Rocque Santa Cruz

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:40 am

dazby wrote:
Slim wrote:I thought it was Roque.

It's an escape clause for those who get it wrong.

To those who question the neither option. If I was asked this question about Blobbie Fowler, I would answer neither.

Dazby.....

How dare you call Robbie Fowler 'Blobbie'!?! He is a human being and has feeling... for all we know, he may well also come on this site - insensitive comments likening him to a very annoying tv character could have a very damaging effect on the poor lad's confidence.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:45 am

He is currently training very hard for the North Queensland Fury. He is also in a rich vein of form. I even went to a game recently and called him Blobbie. He didn't bat an eyelid.

He did however try to kick a guy in the head whilst standing on his head. Anyone else would have seen red but because 20% of the crowd were there to see him he got let off.

True story.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:20 pm

I think if he plays, he scores, one of those players who always seem to pop up in the right areas at the right time.

Gonna cover my eyes and click randomly, it's about as confident I am for either answer.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Citizen » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:39 pm

I would've said so. It depends who he's playing against and who he's up front with. Him and Bellamy might just be a deadly combo with him holding it up and then Bellers producing magic like he did against Utd. So I'll go with yes. :)
The Citizen
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Bellamy

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:57 pm

success in my eyes would be having an impact, especially in january when ade is off to Africa. he may not be the go to scorer for us, and we may have overpaid a bit (not that it particularly matters), but i think he'll have an impact, and therefore be a success here.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:16 pm

I think he'll do well. The price has been inflated for everyone so I suppose the way to measure it is through his contribution to the role he looks to have been given, ie back-up for Ade. On that basis, we may see him in his first game v West Ham and not see him again until the next round of the Carling Cup!

That said, xmas is hectic and Ade will head off for the ACON towards the end and he RSC could well become our star man...

The thing is though, that this squad is so new and so much the "unfinshed article" that who's to say RSC and Ade won't make a cracking pairing, just like Tevez and Bellamy could do (and did do to a certain extent against the cunts)?

For all the craic we had of late showing those up who didn't rate Bellamy, I have to say I reckon none of us thought he would be quite this much of an important player... he must be one of the first names on the teamsheet given his performances this season...

And if someone had've asked me to choose who'd do better between Bellers and RSC before either had played, I'd have gone for RSC, so I won't change my mind now!

So much ahead of us lads, so many different options, so many competitions to win...

so, so exciting!

I love this fucking club!
Original Dub

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 pm

I've gone with yes, think he will be a very handy player for us.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Cityfan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Yes for me,though I guess it depends a bit on fitness. Hughes and his team,both here and at Blackburn have shown themselves to be thorough in their assessment of transfer targets with few duds.

They will be more knowledgable about RSC than most having scouted him from Bayern and worked with him for a full season, seen him in every premiership match he has played for a season and worked with him in training.

I have no doubt he will have tha ability and apptitude to be a success, the only doubt for me is about his recurrent injuries.
Cityfan
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:42 pm

With Boj and Caicedo away he looks far more important.

Of all the players Hughes has worked with before Roque was his top priority. Hughes never pursued players like Bentley, Peterson and Samba in any meaningful way despite them being seemingly more attractive offers. He even signed him whilst injured.

With a recommendation like that he deserves a chance. Certainly he'll offer a lot for us tactically, especially in a 442 and for away matches.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:41 pm

I think that worst will be a highly valuable squad player (we would like him tonight) - and that is success in my book - and I have an inkling he might be better than that
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby paulmclaren » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Too injury prone.
Will be used in more away games then home.
And as a squad player not 1st teamer.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Not a bad signing this one is it???.....4 months here and no action played (even counting pre-season), not bad!.

I wish I could have a job that I never turn up for work and get paid handsomly and have all my medical bills and care paid for and given to me free of charge for myself......I say he has got it made.

Has anybody actually SEEN this fella in the flesh?, I am wondering if he does actually exist........glad we had a endless pocket to be able to get strikers who earn their living PLAYING the game.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Not a bad signing this one is it???.....4 months here and no action played (even counting pre-season), not bad!.

I wish I could have a job that I never turn up for work and get paid handsomly and have all my medical bills and care paid for and given to me free of charge for myself......I say he has got it made.

Has anybody actually SEEN this fella in the flesh?, I am wondering if he does actually exist........glad we had a endless pocket to be able to get strikers who earn their living PLAYING the game.

City knew this when they signed him. Like Villa buying Downing.

I've seen him in the flesh. He's a fantastic player.

You probably slagged off Bellamy the same way. You should wait until he plays. He's a Man City player and you're a man city supporter?
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:10 am

paulmclaren wrote:Too injury prone.
Will be used in more away games then home.
And as a squad player not 1st teamer.

Injury prone comment could be true but I hope not. If fit, other two comments will be complete and utter horseshit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby JonnyAsh » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:04 am

Really think he will do well, just give him a chance. I think being out for such a long time will increase his hunger, and I'm sure he will be a big hit with the ladies!! I amost fancy him myself. F**K, I didn't really say that!!
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:12 am

Original Dub wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Not a bad signing this one is it???.....4 months here and no action played (even counting pre-season), not bad!.

City knew this when they signed him. Like Villa buying Downing.

I've seen him in the flesh. He's a fantastic player.

You probably slagged off Bellamy the same way. You should wait until he plays. He's a Man City player and you're a man city supporter?

What have I told you about assumptions?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:46 am

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C67Hb1s64L4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C67Hb1s64L4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:48 pm

RSC is gonna PLAY!

Crocky to bag a hatrick and City to splatter West Ham Pompey style....I have a feeling.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:14 pm

IMO he will be a success. He has good close control, heading and can shoot with both feet. His physcial prescence will help us in both penalty areas. We missed Adebayor in the last 2 matches for this part of his play.

Santa Cruz may not have the best of career goal scoring or appearance records but when he plays I expect him to be a threat to the opposition. Hughes got the best out of him, knows him and has bought him, look at how Bellamy has been a revalation for us.

Santa Cruz can play on his own, with Adeybayor or with others such as Tevez, Bellamy or Robinho in a front 2. What a change from last season and those of before to have such options.

Hope he plays against West Ham at some point. Having him available whilst Adebayor is out for the African Nations/injured/suspended should be a huge benefit to us.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Original Dub » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Slim wrote:RSC is gonna PLAY!

Crocky to bag a hatrick and City to splatter West Ham Pompey style....I have a feeling.

Stop calling him Crocky you horrible bastard...

I'm with you on your special feeling. If he plays from the start, he'll score.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum