I Know It Ain't City But......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I Know It Ain't City But......

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 am

There is a tenuous connection Sven being at Notts County.

Apparently Sol Campbell has walked out after only making his debut for them last Saturday!! Well that 'project' didn't last long did it?
Wonder whats gone on there then?
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Re: I Know It Ain't City But......

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 am

The real problem is - if he ran out of the stadium at half time in a home match this time he would go straight in the River Trent. And it's too cold for sure.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:47 am

He already signed a new contract for another team starting in August apparently.. I can't see him not having to continue his existing contract at County though.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:55 am

Vhero wrote:He already signed a new contract for another team starting in August apparently..

Next August?
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Vhero wrote:He already signed a new contract for another team starting in August apparently..

Next August?

NM I misread it... Feel like a tit now :(
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:09 am

Vhero wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Next August?

Happens to the best of us.

I dont think he has a contract with any other team, That would be breaking the rules for starters. I just think he's seen how bad the second division is and probably doesnt think he an hack it for another 2/3 years at the lower levels when he could be getting paid the same for a premiership club.

It was a stupid move in the first place, for all parties concerned. If you look at teams that have moved through the leagues. Wigan, Fulham, Hull. They bought players to do the job for the division they were in, then paid them off when they done the job. Then bought a new set of players for the new league. Notts County should be signing more Lee Hughes and not Sol Campbells.
ross.mcfc

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:54 am

SSN are suggesting he is unhappy at the level of investment in facilities and players since he joined - apparently not what was promised when deciding to sign for them.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:57 am

Dameerto wrote:SSN are suggesting he is unhappy at the level of investment in facilities and players since he joined - apparently not what was promised when deciding to sign for them.

Unhappy with the level of investment??? They signed him! His wages alone should ensure they romp that division.
ross.mcfc

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:09 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Vhero wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Next August?

Happens to the best of us.

I dont think he has a contract with any other team, That would be breaking the rules for starters. I just think he's seen how bad the second division is and probably doesnt think he an hack it for another 2/3 years at the lower levels when he could be getting paid the same for a premiership club.
It was a stupid move in the first place, for all parties concerned. If you look at teams that have moved through the leagues. Wigan, Fulham, Hull. They bought players to do the job for the division they were in, then paid them off when they done the job. Then bought a new set of players for the new league. Notts County should be signing more Lee Hughes and not Sol Campbells.

There's the problem. Or more like the difference in game. It's very different game in lower league and actually in many ways physically more demanding. The quality of game is obviously lower but they tend to go even harder to situations than in Premier LEague and refs will allowe stuff that would never go through in top flight. Therefore there are lot of players who are at least decent players in Premier League but would not hack it in Championship for instance.

Sol has had his injury problems in the past and lower league strikers, often same size as Sol himself, will show no mercy on him. In fact he'll be marked man. Every striker in that division wants to do him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Dameerto wrote:SSN are suggesting he is unhappy at the level of investment in facilities and players since he joined - apparently not what was promised when deciding to sign for them.

He's only been there 5mins at least give them time to investment in facilities and players ffs.

Notts County have confirmed veteran defender Sol Campbell has left the club just weeks after signing a five-year contract.

Campbell joined the ambitious League Two side in late August after deciding to leave Portsmouth over the summer.

He shunned interest from Premier League clubs in order to join the Magpies, who have former England coach Sven Goran Eriksson as their director of football.

However, the 35-year-old has parted ways with Ian McParland's side by mutual consent just days after making his debut for the club.

The centre-half started Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Morecambe and that has proved to be his one and only appearance in a Magpies shirt.

Executive chairman Peter Trembling confirmed Campbell has left Meadow Lane and insists it will not detract from the long-term ambitions of the club.

"While we are disappointed that Sol felt that he could not adjust to the long-term nature of the project underway at Notts County, we obviously wish him the best with the remainder of his career and hope that he is able to obtain a place where he can play at international level ahead of the 2010 World Cup," Trembling told the club's official website.

"The investment project is on track; we've brought in a lot of new players and resources into the club, but obviously this is a five-year project, not a five-week one."

Trembling also revealed that any supporter who bought a shirt with Campbell's name on it would be entitled to a replacement.

He added: "For any fan that bought a new Notts shirt and had 'Campbell' printed on the back, I am pleased to offer a voucher for the club shop for a replacement shirt."
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Just confirmed that he can't sign for another club until January, even though his contract with County has been terminated.#

Very weird. They'll come up with something for him I'm sure. He would have been better off staying with them, going out on loan to the prem and then signing permenantly in Jan.

Surely I'm not more intelligent and knowledgeable than Sol'd legal advisers?
Original Dub

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
He's only been there 5mins at least give them time to investment in facilities and players ffs.

we obviously wish him the best with the remainder of his career and hope that he is able to obtain a place where he can play at international level ahead of the 2010 World Cup," Trembling told the club's official website.

2010 World Cup!! PMSL
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum