Mascherano facing FA ban?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mascherano facing FA ban?

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:37 am

Apologies if this was posted already:

3 match ban surely?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Re: Mascherano facing FA ban?

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:39 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Apologies if this was posted already:

3 match ban surely?

They are a top 4 team so no.. If we were ran by the EUFA then yeah something may be done but we are not The FA would deal with this so nope.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:39 am

No chance, he plays for a sky 4 club.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:39 am

Imagine the furore if it was Bellamy! It was good comedy though with Mascherano claiming innocence.

Anything less than a 3-match ban will confirm anti-City bias.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 am

Nah no way he wont get jack shit he plays for Liverpool,now if Ade had done it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:42 am

I thought it all looked something and nothing.
That said it would be handy if he was banned.
Not gone unoticed that Liverpool's back up players looked pretty poor last night.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:16 am

Its nothing more than a comedy swipe. WWE style. Does anyone remember the Texas Tornado. It was like his finishing move.

Im already getting a little bored of the persecution complex that is developing on here, Looking for every bit little bit of injustice. Let's just get on with our own business
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:12 am

When I saw it during the match I thought it was accidental with him turning round trying to see where Beckford was - but that closer view shows he knew what he was doing - he lifts his arm horizontally in mid turn.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:44 am

ross.mcfc wrote:Its nothing more than a comedy swipe. WWE style. Does anyone remember the Texas Tornado. It was like his finishing move.

Im already getting a little bored of the persecution complex that is developing on here, Looking for every bit little bit of injustice. Let's just get on with our own business

I'm right with you mate. I honestly don't even know if he meant it. Looks to me like he is trying to leave is marker for the throw in and accidentally hits the feller.

Anywhichway, football is a contact sport, these things happen whether in purpose or not. His elbow hit the fellers head but it was hardly a full scale knock out, big deal. Some of these modern players need to grow pair of bollocks. Twenty years ago that was standard and no one thought anything of it. You give some, you get some, FFS.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:19 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:Its nothing more than a comedy swipe. WWE style. Does anyone remember the Texas Tornado. It was like his finishing move.

I'm right with you mate. I honestly don't even know if he meant it. Looks to me like he is trying to leave is marker for the throw in and accidentally hits the feller.

Anywhichway, football is a contact sport, these things happen whether in purpose or not. His elbow hit the fellers head but it was hardly a full scale knock out, big deal. Some of these modern players need to grow pair of bollocks. Twenty years ago that was standard and no one thought anything of it. You give some, you get some, FFS.

Careful, there's a few that would disagree with you.... actually, no, there's one person who would disagree with you....

Anyway, its clear as day that the only reason for him doing a 360 spin and raising his arm to head height was to intentionally strike the player. The ref had a similar view as our friend Clattenburg and unlike when Ade intended to stamp on his hand, Mascherano wanted to hit his head...

I agree that its all abit panzy-like, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander and I would question why there is not at least a similar charge if not ban as Ade's.

He's a key player for them and it would cushion the blow of us losing Ade.
Original Dub

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:19 am

is anyone else sick to death of hearing about bans and fa enquiries etc.
im sure this didnt used to happen as frequently as it does now.
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:28 am

He didn't hurt the bloke but it was a deliberate thump on the back of the head & it's a nailed on red card. Alan Wiley saw it & did nothing, the linesman saw it & did nothing. Remember SWP's ban last season for a similar lash out albeit with his foot?

If nothing is done in this case it PROVES we're not operating under the same rules.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:32 pm

9secondlegend wrote:is anyone else sick to death of hearing about bans and fa enquiries etc.
im sure this didnt used to happen as frequently as it does now.

I think the answer is yes, hence nothing serious coming out of the Swamp. Getting silly charging people every five minutes.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Yellow card at most. Even if it was intentional, players elbow players on corners on pretty much every corner and it would be foolish to set the precedent of watching the games in slow motion to charge everyone who throws an elbow. Football is a physical game, these things happen. Its hard to prove whether he meant it or not, and only he knows. Same goes for the Adebayor "brush"... Thats the refs job to see, he was right there, if they continue to not see these things and continue to avoid their job, they should get a fine.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Kyle wrote:Yellow card at most. Even if it was intentional, players elbow players on corners on pretty much every corner and it would be foolish to set the precedent of watching the games in slow motion to charge everyone who throws an elbow. Football is a physical game, these things happen. Its hard to prove whether he meant it or not, and only he knows. Same goes for the Adebayor "brush"... Thats the refs job to see, he was right there, if they continue to not see these things and continue to avoid their job, they should get a fine.

Spot on.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:56 pm

Kyle wrote:Yellow card at most. Even if it was intentional, players elbow players on corners on pretty much every corner and it would be foolish to set the precedent of watching the games in slow motion to charge everyone who throws an elbow. Football is a physical game, these things happen. Its hard to prove whether he meant it or not, and only he knows. Same goes for the Adebayor "brush"... Thats the refs job to see, he was right there, if they continue to not see these things and continue to avoid their job, they should get a fine.

Well this is the whole point from the Ade incident!

I agree that the game becomes shitty if this becomes the norm. But like I said what's good for the goose has to be good for the gander. It was an intentional strike to the head... of that there's no doubt. Ade's seemed, even in slow motion, to be an intentional strike to the hand IMO. Do body parts matter, or is it all based on intent?

Question: Why did our player get banned for 3 games, based purely on a slow motion replay, if they are not willing to do it for every single foul (Mascherano being the perfect example) that the ref didn't see?

ITS COMPLETELY FUCKED UP.
Original Dub

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I agree that the game becomes shitty if this becomes the norm. But like I said what's good for the goose has to be good for the gander. It was an intentional strike to the head... of that there's no doubt. Ade's seemed, even in slow motion, to be an intentional strike to the hand IMO. Do body parts matter, or is it all based on intent?

Question: Why did our player get banned for 3 games, based purely on a slow motion replay, if they are not willing to do it for every single foul (Mascherano being the perfect example) that the ref didn't see?

I agree completly. I am completly opposed to the Ade ban. I think that with the ref right there, he has to make the call, and if it is a no call then he should get no fine after the game. I think they should only use the video evidence to give someone a ban if he hits a player for example like walking off the pitch, or if there is a full scale brawl. The rest is up to the refs. If everyone gets bans for this smaller stuff though, it is setting up a dangerous precedent. Players will start diving if someones hand goes in the air and what have you just to get the player banned.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Kyle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I agree completly. I am completly opposed to the Ade ban. I think that with the ref right there, he has to make the call, and if it is a no call then he should get no fine after the game. I think they should only use the video evidence to give someone a ban if he hits a player for example like walking off the pitch, or if there is a full scale brawl. The rest is up to the refs. If everyone gets bans for this smaller stuff though, it is setting up a dangerous precedent. Players will start diving if someones hand goes in the air and what have you just to get the player banned.

I agree completely.

Its actually quite amazing that they've gone into such detail of late with video evidence and they still don't use it during the game, to determine if a penalty is a penalty and if the ball has crossed the line.

Remarkable.
Original Dub

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote:He didn't hurt the bloke but it was a deliberate thump on the back of the head & it's a nailed on red card. Alan Wiley saw it & did nothing, the linesman saw it & did nothing. Remember SWP's ban last season for a similar lash out albeit with his foot?

If nothing is done in this case it PROVES we're not operating under the same rules.

He struck a player, it wasn't an accident. It's a red card for violent conduct.

That's a seriously lame attempt at an excuse, he was in contact with the player, he knew exactly where he was and he made an unnatural movement that appears to have the sole purpose of striking someone. Looks premeditated too.

Even at normal speed you can see it's a red. Simple.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum