Behind Closed Doors

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Behind Closed Doors

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 pm

I did pop down to Carrington today but a bit later than usual to watch a friendly arranged against Wrexham reserves which was largely about getting some match time for Johnson and RSC. The first team had just gone in after a very gentle work out basically just warm up stuff.
The City team v Wrexham was very young and went 1 up through Robbie Mak moving onto a pass from RSC and scoring very well.
RSC didn't really get much service but at least it was 45 minutes ( well 42 as he left the field for a few minutes half way through). He missed 1 chance and his fitness looked ok. As for Johnson , well he was heavily involved in central midfield and to large extent made it look very easy. No mad charging around but he was just the focal point switching the ball around and playing some lovely weighted passes. The occasional break forward but the key to it was his comfort in receiving the ball and finding a pass.I wouldn't want to get too excited but I thought it was Gareth Barry like.
They both just did the 45 minutes and we were 2.1 down at that time. A couple of goals conceded showing a frailty in the center of defence. It became 3.1 and not looking good but then Robbie Mak got free down the right side and got through some iffy challenges to lay it back for Jack Redshaw to finish. Then just as I was leaving Robbie Mak did the s ame again and this time couldn't find the pass but instead cut back in and finished with his left foot to make it 3.3.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Behind Closed Doors

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:09 pm

You really are a supAstaR Thanks , Get them two fit and we have a fantasic bench .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby MANCTANK » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:14 pm

HAY HIGGY WAS THIS YOU MATE BY ANY CHANCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_bm6YBu ... edded#t=48
MANCTANK
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:35 pm

This Robbie Mak lad is doing really well isn't he? Think he has any chance of making it with us Doug? I know Ched scored loads in reserves and so has David Ball, but don't think Ball is going to be good enough for Premier League is he?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:09 pm

MANCTANK wrote:HAY HIGGY WAS THIS YOU MATE BY ANY CHANCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_bm6YBu ... edded#t=48

Not me. I am right footed and not quite that heavy
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:This Robbie Mak lad is doing really well isn't he? Think he has any chance of making it with us Doug? I know Ched scored loads in reserves and so has David Ball, but don't think Ball is going to be good enough for Premier League is he?

Tough questions especially as I have seen that much of either of them and there will be better qualified than me on here.Ched did score loads , decent in the air and a great shot but he just wasn't quite good enough. Ball isn't as strong as Ched but he may have a little more about him on the ball and obviously has a good eye for goal but it's hard to say whether he will make it at the top level. He may be another Ched but it would be nice to see him get a chance to see on the big stage even if only as a sub.

As for Robbie Mak I just get a feeling that he has something a bit extra. It might just be confidence ,which he has plenty of but his touch seems pretty good to me and he sure knows where the net is.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dario2739 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Doug what time do they start training in the morning... seeing how i'm currently a man of leisure I fancy popping down. Also where do actually go to watch them... or is it a trade secret? Cheers
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:36 pm

If it's a morning training it starts at 11am but they do afternoons sometimes. Friday I think will be 11. Just head for the Carrington ground and if you come from the motorway, park in one of the lay by's just before it and walk through the Sale Sharks training ground till you see the football pitches on the right. All the watching is done from behind fences.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby edge275 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:If it's a morning training it starts at 11am but they do afternoons sometimes. Friday I think will be 11. Just head for the Carrington ground and if you come from the motorway, park in one of the lay by's just before it and walk through the Sale Sharks training ground till you see the football pitches on the right. All the watching is done from behind fences.

Hey Higginbottom where's the stream for tonight?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Only stream I know is at the bottom of the road near me. There aint one tonight.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum