Man of the match against Fulham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Man of the match against Fulham

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:57 am

M147WN wrote:de Jong is a tough as old boots but can also play a bit of football. Reads the game well!
There was an occasion in the second half when he rode a couple of tackles and played the ball a little too far in front of him making it probobly 80/20 in favour of the fulham player (who did get there first) but Nige still blocked it when he really had no right to win it and never turned away (as most players do) from the challenge.
MOTM for me.

That was the challenge that stood out for me in the entire match. As he went for it, I could only see the crunch of bone and the brandishing of a card coming. Superb tackle though.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:31 am

So it's fair to say De Jong was MOM against Fulham?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:34 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:So it's fair to say De Jong was MOM against Fulham?

Looks as if it's the majority vote.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:So it's fair to say De Jong was MOM against Fulham?

Looks as if it's the majority vote.

Agreed looks like he was the MOTM for people on here...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby pepsi_dave » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 am

De Jong was immense last night easily head and shoulders above the rest, by far the best player on the pitch!!!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:54 am

Nigel De Jong.

He won virtually every tackle he had to make, made countless interceptions and kept possession. Everything you need from a holding midfielder - very much in the same mould as a Makelele, Mascherano type player
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Personally I'd go for Craig Bellamy, with a mightily impressive game for the Schlong as well. However, this may have been more to do with their energy levels as the rest of the team seemed to play as if they'd had the blood sucked out of them; wiery and deflated. I'm putting that down to Sunday's game though and the fact they were playing in front of 24,000 homes fans, and a taxi load of away, rather than the atmosphere of 76,000 screaming fans.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby psut1 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:57 pm

De jong for me
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:34 pm

de jong for me aswell
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby edge275 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Has everyone who's voted actually seen the game?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:47 pm

I went last night and the only players who stood out for me were, Knock off Nige and Kolo Toure with Nige just edging it as our motm.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 pm

edge275 wrote:Has everyone who's voted actually seen the game?

Sure did mate, and you? Who's your choice?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Sister of fu wrote:De Jong. Put him self about and broke up all the play. I no some don't like him because he is your unfashionable, not very flash spolier but i think he is great. Was really throwing himself into tackles and doing the dirty job. And to the suprise of some on here I saw him spray as 50 yard cross field ball on the volley....nice.

And some of you wonder why one of my favourite words is fucktard. How many times have I said over the past two weeks that it isn't the reason? How many times have I stated my case in both reason and statistics? (That were first derided when I used them and then used the following week to prove how good he was, champion effort there) How many times before it starts to feel like you are beating your head against a brick wall because people aren't really reading what you are writing because they are too involved in their self-righteous indignation or glorification to respond to what other posters actually write? How many times before I can use the word FUCKTARD without people filling up two pages with responses to my use of that word instead of the topic?

I do despair.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Slim wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:De Jong. Put him self about and broke up all the play. I no some don't like him because he is your unfashionable, not very flash spolier but i think he is great. Was really throwing himself into tackles and doing the dirty job. And to the suprise of some on here I saw him spray as 50 yard cross field ball on the volley....nice.

And some of you wonder why one of my favourite words is fucktard. How many times have I said over the past two weeks that it isn't the reason? How many times have I stated my case in both reason and statistics? (That were first derided when I used them and then used the following week to prove how good he was, champion effort there) How many times before it starts to feel like you are beating your head against a brick wall because people aren't really reading what you are writing because they are too involved in their self-righteous indignation or glorification to respond to what other posters actually write? How many times before I can use the word FUCKTARD without people filling up two pages with responses to my use of that word instead of the topic?

I do despair.

so you have statistics which prove that de Jong is a Fucktard?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby edge275 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I didn't see it so can't comment.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:48 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Slim wrote:

I do despair.

so you have statistics which prove that de Jong is a Fucktard?

Well, he did claim when he arrived that we were a stepping stone club for him and just recently he said after one start that he deserved his spot in the starting lineup and wouldn't be happy dropping back to the bench.

Of course you only get strung up from the nearest tree if you are brazilian for that sort of behaviour.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:50 pm

I went to the game..De Jong was my vote.He really does read the game well.Bellers worked his ass off and was a close 2nd.I was surprised he was so lively considering the effort he put in against the rags.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby edge275 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 pm

These comments are doing my head in. Do you think that myself and others who think he's poor don't actually know what his job is?

How would you like it if we signed Lee Trundle, you said it was a bad move and I said "Well, I think people don't like him as he does the boring stuff like poaching goals"
edge275

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:55 pm

edge275 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I didn't see it so can't comment.

Oh right, just wondered why you would question those who have already mentioned it mate?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:16 pm

edge275 wrote:

These comments are doing my head in. Do you think that myself and others who think he's poor don't actually know what his job is?

How would you like it if we signed Lee Trundle, you said it was a bad move and I said "Well, I think people don't like him as he does the boring stuff like poaching goals"

His job is to do what MH tells him to do..If you have watched him for his country he is more attack minded in his role.
We cant have all these glorious superstars all over the pitch can we..De Jong does the unoticed dirty work, but if you watch the guy for 90mins you will appreciate him more.
I do feel when Kompany gets back theres goin to be a threat for his place..I cannot seeing the 2 playing together very often anymore judging by the current setup
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum