Man of the match against Fulham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Man of the match against Fulham

Postby dawn » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:06 pm

de jong, the rest did'nt turn up.
dawn
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby edge275 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:24 pm

shawzy wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:De Jong. Put him self about and broke up all the play. I no some don't like him because he is your unfashionable, not very flash spolier but i think he is great. Was really throwing himself into tackles and doing the dirty job. And to the suprise of some on here I saw him spray as 50 yard cross field ball on the volley....nice.

These comments are doing my head in. Do you think that myself and others who think he's poor don't actually know what his job is?

How would you like it if we signed Lee Trundle, you said it was a bad move and I said "Well, I think people don't like him as he does the boring stuff like poaching goals"

His job is to do what MH tells him to do..If you have watched him for his country he is more attack minded in his role.
We cant have all these glorious superstars all over the pitch can we..De Jong does the unoticed dirty work, but if you watch the guy for 90mins you will appreciate him more.
I do feel when Kompany gets back theres goin to be a threat for his place..I cannot seeing the 2 playing together very often anymore judging by the current setup

Are you winding me up?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:41 pm

shawzy wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:De Jong. Put him self about and broke up all the play. I no some don't like him because he is your unfashionable, not very flash spolier but i think he is great. Was really throwing himself into tackles and doing the dirty job. And to the suprise of some on here I saw him spray as 50 yard cross field ball on the volley....nice.

These comments are doing my head in. Do you think that myself and others who think he's poor don't actually know what his job is?

How would you like it if we signed Lee Trundle, you said it was a bad move and I said "Well, I think people don't like him as he does the boring stuff like poaching goals"

His job is to do what MH tells him to do..If you have watched him for his country he is more attack minded in his role.
We cant have all these glorious superstars all over the pitch can we..De Jong does the unoticed dirty work, but if you watch the guy for 90mins you will appreciate him more.
I do feel when Kompany gets back theres goin to be a threat for his place..I cannot seeing the 2 playing together very often anymore judging by the current setup

I saw him against Scotland just recently, very attack minded? Oh fuck off, he couldn't move forward because Holland were playing two central midfielders ahead of him, he was FORCED to sit behind because Sneijder and De Zeeuw took up ground ahead of him. He did quite well, but the idea that he is attack minded for his country is bollocks.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Im just saying hes scored goals for his country and got in more advanced positions than what he does at City.
When he was at Ajax he was far more attacking than what he is now and is capable to get further forward and get more involved with the strikers than what he is doin now.
If im wrong prove it?
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:23 pm

shawzy wrote:Im just saying hes scored goals for his country and got in more advanced positions than what he does at City.
When he was at Ajax he was far more attacking than what he is now and is capable to get further forward and get more involved with the strikers than what he is doin now.
If im wrong prove it?

Okay.

1 goal, not goals.

Done.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:06 am

Slim wrote:
shawzy wrote:Im just saying hes scored goals for his country and got in more advanced positions than what he does at City.
If im wrong prove it?

Okay.

1 goal, not goals.

Done.

Fuckin perfectionist aint you :-)

I stand by my opinion he gets in more attacking positions with his country than what he does with City.
And deffo with ajax he was an attackin MF,
The next Holand game ill be disecting ev move from him to prov u wrong Slimmers.. :-) Nite zzzz
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:21 am

shawzy wrote:
Slim wrote:
If im wrong prove it?

Okay.

1 goal, not goals.

Done.

I stand by my opinion he gets in more attacking positions with his country than what he does with City.
The next Holand game ill be disecting ev move from him to prov u wrong Slimmers.. :-) Nite zzzz

Curse of being perfect I suppose. :p

I will be dissecting the monday night game looking for how De Jong has caused a severe drop in form of both SWP and Ireland. :p
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:43 am

Slim wrote:
shawzy wrote:
Slim wrote:
If im wrong prove it?

Okay.

1 goal, not goals.

Done.

Curse of being perfect I suppose. :p

I will be dissecting the monday night game looking for how De Jong has caused a severe drop in form of both SWP and Ireland. :p

Their drop in form is completly unrelated to De Jong playing. SWP has been trying to hold onto the ball far to long as of late, and Ireland isn't used to playing back a bit. Those have nothing to do with De Jong getting in the squad.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby irblinx » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:39 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
M147WN wrote:de Jong is a tough as old boots but can also play a bit of football. Reads the game well!
There was an occasion in the second half when he rode a couple of tackles and played the ball a little too far in front of him making it probobly 80/20 in favour of the fulham player (who did get there first) but Nige still blocked it when he really had no right to win it and never turned away (as most players do) from the challenge.
MOTM for me.

That was the challenge that stood out for me in the entire match. As he went for it, I could only see the crunch of bone and the brandishing of a card coming. Superb tackle though.

The one that stood out for me he didn't actually get the ball but did enough to break up their play when they looked like breaking. He just took up a position that meant the guy with the ball knew he couldn't run past him and had no options for an outlet ball, he panicked and gave the ball away. Nige is class at this, he does so much work to disrupt the other team even without his superb tackling, I was singing his praises last season for this and there were a fair few on here that just didn't see it but now he has quality around him it is easier to see just how effective he is. What a squad
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum