United get more injury time when they need it

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

United get more injury time when they need it

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 pm

According to the Guardian.
Very interesting figures.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ppage-time
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Re: U***d get more injury time when they need it

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

The link ain't working for me...?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

this was on Sky.
It started the day after the derby with SSN saying on average they get less added time than most teams, so Hughsey was wrong.
Then someone on here (I'm a big believer that Journo's trawl forums) pointed out that they would get less extra time on average cos they are usually leading at 90 minutes.
Sky did the maths and showed that they get something like 25% MORE extra time if they are behind than if they're winning.
Bastards.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fish111 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 pm

Old news, we had a good moan about this the other day, we're all over it now.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27163
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:54 pm

The guy on SSN who responds to the papers said Atkinson was right because of some article written by another ref (a ref backing up another ref? there's a headline for ya). He went on to say the only hard and fast rule with time on was 30 seconds for a substitution, 30 seconds for a goal.

So (and the funny bit) there was 3 substitutions and 3 goals, so 4 minutes was right.(all before bellamy's was added) I love pundits who are so fucking stupid they can't even get the basics right.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Couldn't you argue that if a team is leading in the swamp they'll try and waste a bit more time than the case if united was leading?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby patrickblue » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:The link ain't working for me...?

Reason the link isn't working is because the word Un1ted is in the url. As you know that is changed to U****d when posted (as it should be). Just click the link and amend in the address bar.
All a bit pointless really because the text is shown in full here viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27163 where it has been discussed to death.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:50 am

A song to sing to them bastards when they visit Manchester this season..........

"U-N-I. T-E-D.
United fans are from Surrey,
With a nick-nack paddy whack,
give a dog a bone,
Manchester is not your home!".
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:23 am

Fish111 wrote:Old news, we had a good moan about this the other day, we're all over it now.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27163

Apologies. It seems I missed that topic, probably because the title wasn't very clear. Are we really over it ? I still feel cheated every time I remember that match which is hard to forget.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:28 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:Couldn't you argue that if a team is leading in the swamp they'll try and waste a bit more time than the case if U***d was leading?

Hi AD, still in Newcastle or back home?
I'm not sure what yr point is but there is no time added for legetimate time wasting such as playing the ball back to yr GK or taking the ball to the corner flag and try to get a throw in or foul against the opposing team. Unfortunately we did not do that in injury time and kept giving th ball back to the Scum.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:Couldn't you argue that if a team is leading in the swamp they'll try and waste a bit more time than the case if U***d was leading?

I'm not sure what yr point is but there is no time added for legetimate time wasting such as playing the ball back to yr GK or taking the ball to the corner flag and try to get a throw in or foul against the opposing team. Unfortunately we did not do that in injury time and kept giving th ball back to the Scum.

Hi Dubai, I've been back home all summer, just currently in Newcastle untill tomorrow, finishing some matters, then back home.

I know there is no added time for legetimate time wasting but I meant things like slow goal kicks/throw ins , pretending injury etc..
Lesser teams would do a bit of it if they were leading in the swamp eventually, meaning the average extra 60 seconds rags get are understandble. Thats regarding the logic of the study though. They do get extratime sometimes no doubt about it .
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ronk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:12 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Hi Dubai, I've been back home all summer, just currently in Newcastle untill tomorrow, finishing some matters, then back home.

I know there is no added time for legetimate time wasting but I meant things like slow goal kicks/throw ins , pretending injury etc..
Lesser teams would do a bit of it if they were leading in the swamp eventually, meaning the average extra 60 seconds rags get are understandble. Thats regarding the logic of the study though. They do get extratime sometimes no doubt about it .

Teams are just as likely to time-waste against Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. The figures support the scum getting more time when they need a goal. I don't think that's an adequate explanation (to assume that other teams are time wasting).
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:14 pm

Apparently United have complained to the FA about Mark Hughes' suggestion of a 4th official being timekeeper, and have come up with an alternative, which the FA are sure to approve......however, TOP SECRET pictures have emerged as to how they plan to get around this plan.

Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Return to The Maine Football forum