Go on Psycho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Go on Psycho

Postby Michigan Blue » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:37 pm

"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Go on Psycho

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Still saying 'a touch more' i see.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 pm

He was such a top guy, great last season for us as well.

Let's leave it at that, shall we?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:59 pm

Always loved Psycho, even as a player for Forest and especially England. He has never had a bad word to say about CITY, on the contrary its always good words.

Wonder what he would have done with cash Mark hughes has been given?
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:03 am

edgeley blue wrote:Always loved Psycho, even as a player for Forest and especially England. He has never had a bad word to say about CITY, on the contrary its always good words.

Finally bought Mido.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bobadji » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:40 am

That's a cute quote, one for the CV.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:23 am

Slim wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:Always loved Psycho, even as a player for Forest and especially England. He has never had a bad word to say about CITY, on the contrary its always good words.

Finally bought Mido.

Exactly.
Nice man for sure but absolutely horrendous and inept manager.

Now that I think of, lot of people who are heavily and aggressively behind Hughes, were just as aggressively behind Pearce til the bitter end. Should I bring up some old arguments just to rub it in? No, that would show complete lack of class.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:49 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Should I bring up some old arguments just to rub it in? No, that would show complete lack of class.

wouldn't want to do that would you.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Should I bring up some old arguments just to rub it in? No, that would show complete lack of class.

I try not to. Some of the stuff written back then would look quite embarrasing now and I reckon many of those wouldn't dare to show their faces again here. But that's life on football message board, you get some right and you get some wrong as I said the other day. It does make me smile though when I remember one regular explaining me aggressively the method behind Pearce's 8-1-1 system. Apparently it was progressive and efective football. Right then.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:17 am

still think he's alright on the training ground - didn't him moving onto the coaching staff coincide with our defence tightening?

Bobbins manager though - just not for him.

top class bloke and superb player mind
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Vhero » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:26 am

Good bloke needed a bit more experience before the prem and didn't he decided to jump in the deep end which was his mistake. Anyways he's not done bad for himself where he is now..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:41 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

I try not to. Some of the stuff written back then would look quite embarrasing now and I reckon many of those wouldn't dare to show their faces again here. But that's life on football message board, you get some right and you get some wrong as I said the other day. It does make me smile though when I remember one regular explaining me aggressively the method behind Pearce's 8-1-1 system. Apparently it was progressive and efective football. Right then.

Go on mate, be good for a laugh.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:29 am

dazby wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

Go on mate, be good for a laugh.

I actually just went down the memory lane. There are some good ones there. Mostly Dev banging on how great Pearce is the same way as he was going on about Hughes last season. There was one that actually got me thinking, not the wind anyone up but about general feeling few years back. Grob and DHTP saying Reyna was better than Ireland and Patrick and Nick going on about how EVERYONE outside mancityfans.net think Pearce is quality manager.

http://www.mancityfans.net/oldsite/view ... lit=pearce

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:38 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I actually just went down the memory lane. There are some good ones there.

Couldnt help yourself could you.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:44 am

ross.mcfc wrote:

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I actually just went down the memory lane. There are some good ones there.

Nope. As predicted earlier by Man In Blue. I have no class and everyone knows that so I think it was to be expected.

However, when we are discussing Pearce the money issue always raises it's head so I thought that thread would show all the newer posters (and looking at some topics from years gone by, all I can say is that the change of personel has been massive) what people here were thinking at the time.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:27 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:

Easy mate, a bit of peer pressure helped.

Cheers Niall. Damn, Pablo's and my post stood out like beacons in that thread. Why can't I make quality posts like that anymore?

I had orange choc chip ice cream tonight. It was okay, for a change.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum