Good bellamy article

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Good bellamy article

Postby Mike J » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:38 am

Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Good bellamy article

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:57 am

Nice article.

Yet another know nothing journo bigging up De Jong though!
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby shortagain » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:42 am

For me, De Jong is getting better by the match, against Fulham, he was MOM. If he continues to improve, will end up as the best holding mid fielder in the Prem League
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:04 am

If you forget the 'and here's why' you dont need to look beyond the title heheh, summed up in one sentance. (stick an 'and fans' after Mark Hughes too, now)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Got a text from my mate this morning who was driving into town behind a white van, and in the dirt and blackness someone had written "He's welsh, he's ace, he'll smack you in the face, Bellamy!" - Its a grower I think!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Got a text from my mate this morning who was driving into town behind a white van, and in the dirt and blackness someone had written "He's welsh, he's ace, he'll smack you in the face, Bellamy!" - Its a grower I think!

Haha that's brilliant!
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:58 pm

SOMEONE COPY AND PASTE IT PLEASE. CAN'T GET ON WEBSITE.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby sky_blue_stew » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:01 pm

The whole team can be playing terribly and Bellamy is the type of player who can conjure a goal out of nothing. There aren't many footballers who have that moment of inspiration in them - he reminds me of Gerrard. Just wish he'd sought that temper out though, who knows how good he could be if he kept his cool a little better?
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Colin the King » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:SOMEONE COPY AND PASTE IT PLEASE. CAN'T GET ON WEBSITE.

As conversations go, it was hardly the most enlightening of the season. 'Get off the pitch,' said Craig Bellamy as a Manchester United supporter ran on to celebrate the winning goal in Sunday's remarkable derby (actually, there was an expletive involved as well).
The less than imaginative reply consisted of two words.
The push in the face that followed from Bellamy could have led to a three-game ban for the Manchester City forward. He would have been missed, not only by his club but by football too.

There are those who don't like Bellamy. They don't see the talented, inspirational, selfless footballer. They see only the rabble-rouser, street fighter and malcontent.
But what they forget is that this is a man who dragged City to within seconds of a point almost single-handedly at Old Trafford. This is the man who - along with goalkeeper Shay Given and midfield shield Nigel de Jong - did more than anyone to remind Manchester United that there will be two teams in town from now on.

In signing Bellamy last January, Mark Hughes did not impress many of his supporters but, having worked with the Welshman at international level and with Blackburn, the City manager knew exactly what he was doing.
Suffice to say, those supporters have now revised their opinions. On Wednesday - having been warned about his future conduct by the FA - Bellamy was greeted rapturously by City supporters as another starring role dragged a below-par City into the next round of the Carling Cup with a 2-1 win over Fulham.
A team with nobody capable of running ahead of the ball in the final third needed Bellamy's energy and enthusiasm for hard labour when Hughes coaxed him from West Ham for £10million nine months ago.

A dressing room packed with too many egos and too many introverts needed somebody to act as the manager's voice.
The Brazilian Robinho soon found out that Bellamy doesn't like those who don't share his views on teamwork. The Premier League's most expensive player was made to look and feel about six inches tall after Bellamy got stuck into him - verbally - after a particularly insipid display at Portsmouth last season.

If football is part ability and part belief, attitude and confidence than Bellamy is all but the complete package. When it comes to making the most of what you have, Bellamy could pretty much write the book. On that subject Bellamy's past is colourful enough for him to once suggest he might call his autobiography 'Don't Google Me'. His expletives, name calling and stirring will never endear him to officials, opponents and some of the media's more sniffy elements.
But why should that matter? As Sportsmail columnist Jamie Redknapp wrote before Sunday's derby, Bellamy would have gone into the game feeling that he was the best player on the field.

This is not arrogance, it is confidence. It is the reason why he felt he could beat Ben Foster from 20 yards at Old Trafford and the reason he felt he could make an absolute mug of Rio Ferdinand to score again at the death.
Watch Bellamy for 90 minutes and you will see a player who feels every moment of every game. Stand next to him and you will realise he is sturdier, more muscular than you would imagine, testimony to hours in the City gym making his body fit for Premier League purpose.
Football the Bellamy way is not always pretty. His constant baiting of linesmen and niggling at opponents can often be post-watershed stuff. During a recent Carling Cup game at Crystal Palace, he used part of his time patrolling the left flank to tell opposing manager Neil Warnock that Selhurst Park was a 'dump'.
Cross him and he will come and find you. I received a dressing down in the players' tunnel after City's opening game at Blackburn after this paper carried pictures of him training after injury had prompted his withdrawal from the Wales squad he captains. But it ended with a smile and a handshake.

Another argument with a journalist in Cardiff some years ago ended with a game of table tennis. There will always be plenty of bombast but never any excuses with Bellamy. A football obsessive, he has played the majority of his senior career against the background of debilitating knee injuries that began during his teenage days at Norwich.

Nevertheless, his self-analysis can be painful to listen to. After aggravating the knee injury that ultimately finished his season at Hamburg last term, he appeared in the interview area to conduct an off-the-record chat that largely consisted of him blaming himself.
'Typical me,' he said. 'Trying to do too much too soon. I shouldn't have played but as usual I thought I knew best.'
This was not self-pity, it was self-criticism. There is a difference.

As the fall-out from Sunday's game continued this week, several images of Bellamy were constantly replayed. His goals, both superb in different ways, will linger in the memory as, sadly, will his ill-advised exchange with the chump who invaded the field at the end - an incident which the police said yesterday there were no longer investigating.
However, there was another image that serves to answer those who are sometimes prone to ask why anybody would have Bellamy in their team.
The sight of him running 50 yards across field and back into his own half to dispossess the unsuspecting Wayne Rooney was typical of him. Would Robinho have fancied that? Perhaps not.

Bellamy will never please the purists and he is intelligent enough to know he should not have got involved with a member of the public.
But he certainly has his value. United still see themselves as a cut above their neighbours. But Bellamy would get in their team right now and that perhaps says more about his worth as a footballer than anything else.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:16 pm

shortagain wrote:For me, De Jong is getting better by the match, against Fulham, he was MOM. If he continues to improve, will end up as the best holding mid fielder in the Prem League

Agree.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Colin the King wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:SOMEONE COPY AND PASTE IT PLEASE. CAN'T GET ON WEBSITE.

As conversations go, it was hardly the most enlightening of the season. 'Get off the pitch,' said Craig Bellamy as a Manchester U***d supporter ran on to celebrate the winning goal in Sunday's remarkable derby (actually, there was an expletive involved as well).
The less than imaginative reply consisted of two words.
The push in the face that followed from Bellamy could have led to a three-game ban for the Manchester City forward. He would have been missed, not only by his club but by football too.

There are those who don't like Bellamy. They don't see the talented, inspirational, selfless footballer. They see only the rabble-rouser, street fighter and malcontent.
But what they forget is that this is a man who dragged City to within seconds of a point almost single-handedly at Old Trafford. This is the man who - along with goalkeeper Shay Given and midfield shield Nigel de Jong - did more than anyone to remind Manchester U***d that there will be two teams in town from now on.

In signing Bellamy last January, Mark Hughes did not impress many of his supporters but, having worked with the Welshman at international level and with Blackburn, the City manager knew exactly what he was doing.
Suffice to say, those supporters have now revised their opinions. On Wednesday - having been warned about his future conduct by the FA - Bellamy was greeted rapturously by City supporters as another starring role dragged a below-par City into the next round of the Carling Cup with a 2-1 win over Fulham.
A team with nobody capable of running ahead of the ball in the final third needed Bellamy's energy and enthusiasm for hard labour when Hughes coaxed him from West Ham for £10million nine months ago.

A dressing room packed with too many egos and too many introverts needed somebody to act as the manager's voice.
The Brazilian Robinho soon found out that Bellamy doesn't like those who don't share his views on teamwork. The Premier League's most expensive player was made to look and feel about six inches tall after Bellamy got stuck into him - verbally - after a particularly insipid display at Portsmouth last season.

If football is part ability and part belief, attitude and confidence than Bellamy is all but the complete package. When it comes to making the most of what you have, Bellamy could pretty much write the book. On that subject Bellamy's past is colourful enough for him to once suggest he might call his autobiography 'Don't Google Me'. His expletives, name calling and stirring will never endear him to officials, opponents and some of the media's more sniffy elements.
But why should that matter? As Sportsmail columnist Jamie Redknapp wrote before Sunday's derby, Bellamy would have gone into the game feeling that he was the best player on the field.

This is not arrogance, it is confidence. It is the reason why he felt he could beat Ben Foster from 20 yards at Old Trafford and the reason he felt he could make an absolute mug of Rio Ferdinand to score again at the death.
Watch Bellamy for 90 minutes and you will see a player who feels every moment of every game. Stand next to him and you will realise he is sturdier, more muscular than you would imagine, testimony to hours in the City gym making his body fit for Premier League purpose.
Football the Bellamy way is not always pretty. His constant baiting of linesmen and niggling at opponents can often be post-watershed stuff. During a recent Carling Cup game at Crystal Palace, he used part of his time patrolling the left flank to tell opposing manager Neil Warnock that Selhurst Park was a 'dump'.
Cross him and he will come and find you. I received a dressing down in the players' tunnel after City's opening game at Blackburn after this paper carried pictures of him training after injury had prompted his withdrawal from the Wales squad he captains. But it ended with a smile and a handshake.

Another argument with a journalist in Cardiff some years ago ended with a game of table tennis. There will always be plenty of bombast but never any excuses with Bellamy. A football obsessive, he has played the majority of his senior career against the background of debilitating knee injuries that began during his teenage days at Norwich.

Nevertheless, his self-analysis can be painful to listen to. After aggravating the knee injury that ultimately finished his season at Hamburg last term, he appeared in the interview area to conduct an off-the-record chat that largely consisted of him blaming himself.
'Typical me,' he said. 'Trying to do too much too soon. I shouldn't have played but as usual I thought I knew best.'
This was not self-pity, it was self-criticism. There is a difference.

As the fall-out from Sunday's game continued this week, several images of Bellamy were constantly replayed. His goals, both superb in different ways, will linger in the memory as, sadly, will his ill-advised exchange with the chump who invaded the field at the end - an incident which the police said yesterday there were no longer investigating.
However, there was another image that serves to answer those who are sometimes prone to ask why anybody would have Bellamy in their team.
The sight of him running 50 yards across field and back into his own half to dispossess the unsuspecting Wayne Rooney was typical of him. Would Robinho have fancied that? Perhaps not.

Bellamy will never please the purists and he is intelligent enough to know he should not have got involved with a member of the public.
But he certainly has his value. U***d still see themselves as a cut above their neighbours. But Bellamy would get in their team right now and that perhaps says more about his worth as a footballer than anything else.

Cheers mate. Yep, good article
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 pm

I love Bellamy, imho football needs players like him.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum