open letter to Man City fans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

open letter to Man City fans

Postby walshawblue » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:00 pm

just noticed this on another site and thought it might intrest you on this site
http://www.footballfancast.co/blog/man...fans/16952
sorry link not working
Last edited by walshawblue on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: open letter to Man City fans

Postby kinkylola » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:07 pm

not found
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Can you still open it? If you can, please copy it and post here. I'd be interested to read that...
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: open letter to Man City fans link NOT WORKING

Postby salford city » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:14 pm

I've just read it - you can find the second 'open' letter if you go through blogs on the site. Don't think that I can do the linky thing. Writtem by a Chelsea fan and a hell of of a lot of sense in his comments. Liked the closing ranks and don't give a rat's arse comments
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby walshawblue » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Can you still open it? If you can, please copy it and post here. I'd be interested to read that...

yes you can still open it don't know why its not opening on here cos I've copied it just as it is posted It actually on the bluemoon website if anyone can get it on here
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blootoof » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:39 pm

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:58 pm

Dear City fans,

I felt compelled to write another letter to follow up my previous one warning you guys of the pitfalls and the potential drivel you'll be exposed to among the football fraternity.

I am sure you are all sick to the back teeth of the way your club is being depicted by certain sections of the media, rival fans, but believe me it will be well worth it when you actually land your first bits of silverware.

You see life isn't going to get any easier, as there will always be that jealous element who it would seem would rather see you fail than actually care about how their actual sorry football clubs are doing. You won't be able to change their perception, so I don't know why I read so many City fans trying their damndest to try and justify themselves and the long term ambitions of the club on message boards and sites - my message to them is to just leave it and rather than worry what other folk are thinking, just savour the moment and this excellent football team that is being constructed by Mark Hughes. Closing ranks is what we did at Chelsea and in many ways that is what you should be looking to do at City now.

I know it is hard to take, especially for a club who has had its fair share of hardships over the years to see rivals take a swipe at your current good fortune, but do you really care what they think? Mark Hughes was spot with his assessment that there is an obvious fear factor towards Manchester City and that hasn't come due to you guys having a huge bank balance, but more to what you are doing on the pitch. The performance against Arsenal, a game where the media were predicting that you would get your comeuppance and knocked down to size, finally saw them wake up as City sent a message that pre-season talk of top four finishes and a challenge for the title might have actually have some substance and that could become a reality. That is why they chose to concentrate on the negatives from the game, rather than focus on the positives. It takes a brave man to admit they are wrong, unfortunately that it something that the majority of gutless hacks aren't.

So I'll end this letter once again by telling you lot to stop giving a rat's arse about what other jealous beings are saying and just focus on your own football club and getting behind it. You'll never going to change their perception, so why waste your breath in trying to do so. They are insignificant at the end of the day and why they'll continually sit there as their own club swims in a sea of mediocrity, you'll be sailing in the high seas with the other big boys challenging for honours. It may not happen for you this season, but you are certainly not far behind.

Yours sincerely

Joe Sutton (A rather content and success spoilt Chelsea fan)

10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Good Letter, good advice.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ronk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Dear City fans,

I felt compelled to write another letter to follow up my previous one warning you guys of the pitfalls and the potential drivel you'll be exposed to among the football fraternity.

I am sure you are all sick to the back teeth of the way your club is being depicted by certain sections of the media, rival fans, but believe me it will be well worth it when you actually land your first bits of silverware.

You see life isn't going to get any easier, as there will always be that jealous element who it would seem would rather see you fail than actually care about how their actual sorry football clubs are doing. You won't be able to change their perception, so I don't know why I read so many City fans trying their damndest to try and justify themselves and the long term ambitions of the club on message boards and sites - my message to them is to just leave it and rather than worry what other folk are thinking, just savour the moment and this excellent football team that is being constructed by Mark Hughes. Closing ranks is what we did at Chelsea and in many ways that is what you should be looking to do at City now.

I know it is hard to take, especially for a club who has had its fair share of hardships over the years to see rivals take a swipe at your current good fortune, but do you really care what they think? Mark Hughes was spot with his assessment that there is an obvious fear factor towards Manchester City and that hasn't come due to you guys having a huge bank balance, but more to what you are doing on the pitch. The performance against Arsenal, a game where the media were predicting that you would get your comeuppance and knocked down to size, finally saw them wake up as City sent a message that pre-season talk of top four finishes and a challenge for the title might have actually have some substance and that could become a reality. That is why they chose to concentrate on the negatives from the game, rather than focus on the positives. It takes a brave man to admit they are wrong, unfortunately that it something that the majority of gutless hacks aren't.

So I'll end this letter once again by telling you lot to stop giving a rat's arse about what other jealous beings are saying and just focus on your own football club and getting behind it. You'll never going to change their perception, so why waste your breath in trying to do so. They are insignificant at the end of the day and why they'll continually sit there as their own club swims in a sea of mediocrity, you'll be sailing in the high seas with the other big boys challenging for honours. It may not happen for you this season, but you are certainly not far behind.

Yours sincerely

Joe Sutton (A rather content and success spoilt Chelsea fan)

I'm not sure I agree entirely with his approach. I don't think closing ranks and accepting the role of pantomime villain should be our path.

We've shown that we can entertain without offending. The Tevez billboard is the perfect example of that. To me this is vital in terms of the way I see the club. We're fun loving. We want to win but we can take a joke and give as good as we get. I don't want us to be naive but I think we can learn to look after ourselves without the vicious streak that we often see in Chelsea and the rags.

One of the reasons we lost at the weekend was that we were trying to win the game right until we conceded. It can be annoying but sometimes it's a price worth paying.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sky_blue_stew » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 pm

That's spot on - Chelsea have had their critics but notice how the mass ebbs and flows depending on the manager and players brought in. Under Mourinho the man loved to stir up so much controversy that the team were obviously going to compile a huge group of haters. Yet when Guus Hiddink took over most of that melted away (or at least wasn't quite so vocalised) as the team played attractive football and neutrals actually started looking at some of the side's positives. Same with us, with Hughes wry smile rather than throwing a Ferguson/Wenger/Benitez tantrum will do us a load more good than having a manager wind footballing world up. Sure Everton, Spurs and Villa fans won't be won over - they've just been leapfrogged, but we can avoid being public enemy number one if we don't start compromise the entertainment of our football for results, moaning at officials or slagging off other teams.
sky_blue_stew
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby razor400 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:03 pm

I'd rather be hated for being successful than pitied for being shit.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby walshawblue » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:08 pm

razor400 wrote:I'd rather be hated for being successful than pitied for being shit.

Absolutly.Can"t wait till we win another trophy after all these barren years we deerve somthing
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ronk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:15 pm

razor400 wrote:I'd rather be hated for being successful than pitied for being shit.

I'd rather have some people hate us because they're shitheads rather than have everyone hate us because we're shitheads.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Spot on Razor.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:52 pm

A-fookin-men.

I hated the "everyone's second club" tag we used to have. In other words that means we are shite and easy three points. I'm sure they all "support" Newcastle now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum