CC 4th Round Draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CC 4th Round Draw

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Good for us and unfortunately for the rags. Surprised to see the scouse against gooners but thats good for us too.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby s1ty m » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:23 pm

when we came out of the bag, i said, 'ok, scunthorpe please'. lol. superb draw. best draw all round for some time. should (!) breeze into the last 8 and may not need a full side to start in this. well, we shouldn't...
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:31 pm

That is a top draw for us. Can't believe for once luck was on our side!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:That is a top draw for us. Can't believe for once luck was on our side!

For sure many times in the past it would've been SCUM away or something.

Maybe, just maybe...................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby blues-clues » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:42 pm

s1ty m wrote:when we came out of the bag, i said, 'ok, scunthorpe please'. lol. superb draw. best draw all round for some time. should (!) breeze into the last 8 and may not need a full side to start in this. well, we shouldn't...

I dont subscribe to that! This is their biggest game of the season and they will be well up for it. Play a full strength team and if you are 3-0 up at half time take a few off to give the others some experience and rest a few for the league. This is a good chance for City to win a cup. I think Hughes will pick a full strength squad all the way through.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:12 pm

blues-clues wrote:
s1ty m wrote:when we came out of the bag, i said, 'ok, scunthorpe please'. lol. superb draw. best draw all round for some time. should (!) breeze into the last 8 and may not need a full side to start in this. well, we shouldn't...

I dont subscribe to that! This is their biggest game of the season and they will be well up for it. Play a full strength team and if you are 3-0 up at half time take a few off to give the others some experience and rest a few for the league. This is a good chance for City to win a cup. I think Hughes will pick a full strength squad all the way through.

Hughes said he will pick full strenght all the way already....

Hope it works. I'd take a cup and top six if I had to choose between that and top four with no cup!

Another poll coming!
Original Dub

Postby blues-clues » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:
blues-clues wrote:

Hope it works. I'd take a cup and top six if I had to choose between that and top four with no cup!

Another poll coming!

Hell yes a cup every day of the week for me too! Win a cup and top six doesn't matter. If we win a cup we'll be in Europe anyway. A cup will say "we are on our way" much better than finishing 5th.

That said I would rather have a cup and top 4!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:
blues-clues wrote:

Another poll coming!

Yeah well we had a full strength team against Fulham...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Rammyblue » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Yeah well we had a full strength team against Fulham...

But this time Ade won't be suspended (hopefully), RSC will be fit, hopefully Robbie will be back and needing games, Johnson looks as though he is on the mend and big vince might need a game or two as well.
Rammyblue
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Vhero wrote:Yeah well we had a full strength team against Fulham...

I'm kind of hoping that Fulham was a bit of a one-off...

Edit: damn quotes...
Last edited by Somerset Blue on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:44 pm

What an opportunity for us to get into the last 8.

Our role as football's official semi-final dodgers could be put to the test again, so long as we dont make a town halls of Scunny.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Vhero wrote:Yeah well we had a full strength team against Fulham...

We have five forwards, 3 were out including two of our world class superstars. Johnson and Kompany are not back and Ireland is all kinda of messed up at the moment and Onuoha also just got a thigh injury. Benjani is also out, but I think Ball and Mak would get the nod ahead of him.

Or to put what you said another way, we were NOT full strength.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum