U20 World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: U20 World Cup

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 am

[youtube]SFmpHOeyHPU[/youtube]
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby dazby » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:57 am

The Aussies kick off the campaign tonight. Come on boys!!!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 am

dazby wrote:The Aussies kick off the campaign tonight. Come on boys!!!

Same time is UAE v South Africa. Come on!
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:20 am

You confident Abu? The UAE team were brilliant in qualifying.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:51 am

dazby wrote:You confident Abu? The UAE team were brilliant in qualifying.

Well I'd be disappointed with anything less than a quarterfinal.
This team had huge support from the FA and responsible people, something said not to be shown anywhere else in the world.
If Asian form was to be followed, I expect a very good run.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby kass_best » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:35 pm

No players in another team/country? Only England?
kass_best
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:02 pm

England are producing neat tidy players & solid-ish defenders but very few real attacking stars because the accent is on coaching little kids to do a job in teams rather than producing skillful flair players. The so called skill players we do produce like that overrated raglet Fabien Brandy are just not quite up to the level required. We're mostly producing generations of what Eric C*****a would call 'water carriers'.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CheadleBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:11 pm

edge275 wrote:
Clayton was fucking shit tonight mate.

I'd have more respect for your opinion if you have phrased it better. Next time you make a mistake at work I hope someone comes and tells you how shit you are. It's one thing calling a first team member rubbish but criticizing the lads in this way is just crass.

Adam Clayton played an ok game nothing outstanding but nothing bad. All the City lads accounted themselves well though Trippier had a poor night with his crossing as did Paul Marshall. Mee played well and Nimely had to live off a scraps. This experience is only good for the young lads. Well done to them.
CheadleBlue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:29 pm

CheadleBlue wrote:
edge275 wrote:

I'd have more respect for your opinion if you have phrased it better. Next time you make a mistake at work I hope someone comes and tells you how shit you are. It's one thing calling a first team member rubbish but criticizing the lads in this way is just crass.

Adam Clayton played an ok game nothing outstanding but nothing bad. All the City lads accounted themselves well though Trippier had a poor night with his crossing as did Paul Marshall. Mee played well and Nimely had to live off a scraps. This experience is only good for the young lads. Well done to them.

It's a sad day when you cannot speak your mind on this forum. That's what came to my mind and that's what I posted. How's this.

Clayton was world class.

I hope you have a massive erection now.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:20 pm

edge275 wrote:
CheadleBlue wrote:
edge275 wrote:

It's a sad day when you cannot speak your mind on this forum. That's what came to my mind and that's what I posted. How's this.

Clayton was world class.

I hope you have a massive erection now.

Joke!! Why does everything have to be black or white , world class or shite? Cheadle Blue has it about right I would say.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CheadleBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:24 pm

You really are a bit silly.

I don't disagree with having an opinion or disagreeing with others, it's just that you lack the ability to put it across very well..

Why couldn't you have just said that you felt he didn't have a good game. Is that beyond your linguistic ability? He is after all a product of the academy and I for one would prefer to support our youngsters with positive criticism.
CheadleBlue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm

CheadleBlue wrote:You really are a bit silly.

I don't disagree with having an opinion or disagreeing with others, it's just that you lack the ability to put it across very well..

Why couldn't you have just said that you felt he didn't have a good game. Is that beyond your linguistic ability? He is after all a product of the academy and I for one would prefer to support our youngsters with positive criticism.

Let me ask you this.

When someone uses the word 'motherfucker' do you think they are actually inferring fucking one's mother?

Do you take everything so literal?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:England are producing neat tidy players & solid-ish defenders but very few real attacking stars because the accent is on coaching little kids to do a job in teams rather than producing skillful flair players. The so called skill players we do produce like that overrated raglet Fabien Brandy are just not quite up to the level required. We're mostly producing generations of what Eric C*****a would call 'water carriers'.

We got exactly the same problem here (only in smaller scale of course). The emphasis on training the young players is so heavily on next game or season or whatever that overall developement of individual talents tends to get pushed behind. I'm sure it has lot to do with Finnish mentality of "working hard for the team" being a virtue here but truth is that hinders th progress of technically gifted talent and we end up producing decent defenders and goalkeepers and some defensive midfielders but few if any decent attacking players.

Dutch, who are masters at producing skillfull players, place little or no emphasis on competitive side of the game until the players are on their late teens. Until then they are encouraged to hone their individual skills even if overall team performance suffers. Furthermore, there young players are played all across the park in youth football whereas here, and I suspect in England as well, they give you a position early on and that's where you tend to stay until you grow up.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CheadleBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:02 pm

edge275 wrote:

Let me ask you this.

When someone uses the word 'motherfucker' do you think they are actually inferring fucking one's mother?

I don't understand what point you are trying to make whatever it is you're doing it very badly. I just don't believe in slagging of products of our own academy who are trying their best to represent themselves, their club and their country. Why don't you try being a bit more tolerant in your comments.
CheadleBlue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

CheadleBlue wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Let me ask you this.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make whatever it is you're doing it very badly. I just don't believe in slagging of products of our own academy who are trying their best to represent themselves, their club and their country. Why don't you try being a bit more tolerant in your comments.

Eat my arse.
edge275

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:53 pm

edge275 wrote:

Let me ask you this.

The word you are actually looking for is 'implying'. But I think that you still have more important things to learn about life than that, Edge.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:57 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Let me ask you this.

The word you are actually looking for is 'implying'. But I think that you still have more important things to learn about life than that, Edge.

Inferring is fine.
edge275

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:04 pm

edge275 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Let me ask you this.

Inferring is fine.

No it's not, at least if you want to be correct.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Slim wrote:
edge275 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Let me ask you this.

Inferring is fine.

No it's not, at least if you want to be correct.

# infer - deduce: conclude by reasoning; in logic

Seems fine to me.
edge275

Postby CheadleBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:10 pm

edge275 wrote:
Eat my arse.

Can I take it then that you can't take criticism? How would Clayton feel then reading your comments?

Have an opinion yes but when it relates to the young lads from the academy then try to keep it in perspective.

P.S. Were you meaning your last comment literally? If yes, then sadly, I'll have to decline.
CheadleBlue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum