U20 World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: U20 World Cup

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:11 pm

When someone uses the word 'motherfucker' do you think they are actually inferring fucking one's mother?

There is no deducing WHEN YOU FUCKING STATE IT.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:12 pm

CheadleBlue wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Eat my arse.

Can I take it then that you can't take criticism? How would Clayton feel then reading your comments?

Have an opinion yes but when it relates to the young lads from the academy then try to keep it in perspective.

P.S. Were you meaning your last comment literally? If yes, then sadly, I'll have to decline.

Maybe he would think "That cunt is right!" and up his game?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:12 pm

edge275 wrote:
Slim wrote:
edge275 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
edge275 wrote:Let me ask you this.

When someone uses the word 'motherfucker' do you think they are actually inferring fucking one's mother?

Do you take everything so literal?

The word you are actually looking for is 'implying'. But I think that you still have more important things to learn about life than that, Edge.

Inferring is fine.

No it's not, at least if you want to be correct.

# infer - deduce: conclude by reasoning; in logic

Seems fine to me.

When you use a word, you imply.
When you read/hear a word, you infer.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 pm

When you use a word, you imply.
When you read/hear a word, you infer.

So what are you trying to imply?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:England are producing neat tidy players & solid-ish defenders but very few real attacking stars because the accent is on coaching little kids to do a job in teams rather than producing skillful flair players. The so called skill players we do produce like that overrated raglet Fabien Brandy are just not quite up to the level required. We're mostly producing generations of what Eric C*****a would call 'water carriers'.

We got exactly the same problem here (only in smaller scale of course). The emphasis on training the young players is so heavily on next game or season or whatever that overall developement of individual talents tends to get pushed behind. I'm sure it has lot to do with Finnish mentality of "working hard for the team" being a virtue here but truth is that hinders th progress of technically gifted talent and we end up producing decent defenders and goalkeepers and some defensive midfielders but few if any decent attacking players.

Dutch, who are masters at producing skillfull players, place little or no emphasis on competitive side of the game until the players are on their late teens. Until then they are encouraged to hone their individual skills even if overall team performance suffers. Furthermore, there young players are played all across the park in youth football whereas here, and I suspect in England as well, they give you a position early on and that's where you tend to stay until you grow up.

I don't think it's a coincidence that in the days when most little kids used to learn their football kicking a ball in the steets, almost every team in our top division had at least one ball playing wizard, some of whom produced football close to genius at times. Since more & more coching has become involved, so there have been less & less inspirational ball players. I can't think of a genuine world class, English flair player since Gascoigne.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kyle » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Slim wrote:

Haha...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Slim wrote:

Eh?
edge275

Postby frankie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:57 pm

edge275 wrote:

Or maybe he might think "That cunt is a proper cunt" and put you on ignore.
frankie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:08 pm

frankie wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Did you see the game?

Did you see how woeful his crossing was?

it was diabolical.
edge275

Postby frankie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:27 pm

edge275 wrote:
frankie wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Did you see the game?

it was diabolical.

Yes, i saw the game and i thought this summary was nearer the mark than yours.

Clayton looks very handy, nice touches and good work in and around the left channel. Choochoo-Nimely had some very good runs into space, but he was being pushed wide more than not and needs to be stronger with his runs off the ball. Trippier continues a long line of right backs at city who can't cross and the standout for me was Ben Mee who looked to be the general of the defence and made only one mistake all game that wasn't punished. The late winner was some what spectacular and will be a kick in the teeth to the lads but on balance was probably the right result.

Bet you shouted at the telly watching the derby "Tevez you useless cunt. You couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo" when he hit the post just before half time.
frankie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:30 pm

frankie wrote:
edge275 wrote:
frankie wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Did you see the game?

it was diabolical.

Yes, i saw the game and i thought this summary was nearer the mark than yours.

Clayton looks very handy, nice touches and good work in and around the left channel. Choochoo-Nimely had some very good runs into space, but he was being pushed wide more than not and needs to be stronger with his runs off the ball. Trippier continues a long line of right backs at city who can't cross and the standout for me was Ben Mee who looked to be the general of the defence and made only one mistake all game that wasn't punished. The late winner was some what spectacular and will be a kick in the teeth to the lads but on balance was probably the right result.

Bet you shouted at the telly watching the derby "Tevez you useless cunt. You couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo" when he hit the post just before half time.

Nah, I rate Tevez.

Clayton was still shite though.
edge275

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:47 pm

edge275 wrote:
frankie wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Did you see the game?

it was diabolical.

lol now I am not actually sure you know which one Clayton was
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CheadleBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
edge275 wrote:
frankie wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Did you see the game?

it was diabolical.

lol now I am not actually sure you know which one Clayton was

You're right Douglas. He's either talking about Paul Marshall in midfield or Kieran Trippier. But my comments still remain whether it was either of these two and not Adam Clayton.
CheadleBlue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Trippier unfortunately was the one knocking in the crosses that were a long way overhit. His defending wasn't too bad but he could have given away a penalty had the guy he tripped not already been booked for diving.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Abu Dhabi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:52 pm

So England got beaten by Ghana 4-0 ..
Only watched the highlights, the second was a cracker..

Too bad for England those defeats but thats the funny thing with such tournaments, even with such a record you might still go through. A win in the last game might take England to 2nd round through best 3rds.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 pm

So how many of the England lads would get in the Uraguay or Ghana teams then? If they can't do that why are we interested in them as potential City players? Hardly any of City's best young players are English unfortunately.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:So how many of the England lads would get in the Uraguay or Ghana teams then? If they can't do that why are we interested in them as potential City players? Hardly any of City's best young players are English unfortunately.

That was my point. Originally, I was excited that so many City lads got in the England squad, but what is that worth if England youth team is fuclin shite??? I desperately want as many local lads to break through into our first team but it doesn't look likely does it? Most likely 90% of our academy lads will turn out to be decent lower division players (Croft, Evans, Shuker, Whelan etc etc) and if we actually ever want to win something we will be lucky to have 1 or 2 homegrown players in the team or even squad. Cassell and the staff at academy have done a brilliant job but it seems abroad players are trained differently and even shite tiny countries churn out talented players but England hasn't produced a truly world-class player since Gerrard.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:England are producing neat tidy players & solid-ish defenders but very few real attacking stars because the accent is on coaching little kids to do a job in teams rather than producing skillful flair players. The so called skill players we do produce like that overrated raglet Fabien Brandy are just not quite up to the level required. We're mostly producing generations of what Eric C*****a would call 'water carriers'.

We got exactly the same problem here (only in smaller scale of course). The emphasis on training the young players is so heavily on next game or season or whatever that overall developement of individual talents tends to get pushed behind. I'm sure it has lot to do with Finnish mentality of "working hard for the team" being a virtue here but truth is that hinders th progress of technically gifted talent and we end up producing decent defenders and goalkeepers and some defensive midfielders but few if any decent attacking players.

Dutch, who are masters at producing skillfull players, place little or no emphasis on competitive side of the game until the players are on their late teens. Until then they are encouraged to hone their individual skills even if overall team performance suffers. Furthermore, there young players are played all across the park in youth football whereas here, and I suspect in England as well, they give you a position early on and that's where you tend to stay until you grow up.

I don't think it's a coincidence that in the days when most little kids used to learn their football kicking a ball in the steets, almost every team in our top division had at least one ball playing wizard, some of whom produced football close to genius at times. Since more & more coching has become involved, so there have been less & less inspirational ball players. I can't think of a genuine world class, English flair player since Gascoigne.

Very true.

In school yard 28 vs 28 games the best way to deall with it was to dribble and learn how to cover the ball. Backyard 3 vs 3 games thought you how to pass ball efectively. These days, at least here, they seem to train a lot with their teams early on but there's few if any kids playing good old fashioned back street football.

Problem is, there's so much to do these days. Video games, karate training, trampoline hopping, shopping, whatever. Back in the days when I was kid in early-80's all the kids were out playing football until the sun set and mum came calling for bed time.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Very true.

In school yard 28 vs 28 games the best way to deall with it was to dribble and learn how to cover the ball. Backyard 3 vs 3 games thought you how to pass ball efectively. These days, at least here, they seem to train a lot with their teams early on but there's few if any kids playing good old fashioned back street football.

Problem is, there's so much to do these days. Video games, karate training, trampoline hopping, shopping, whatever. Back in the days when I was kid in early-80's all the kids were out playing football until the sun set and mum came calling for bed time.

Well that's part of the problem as well yeah, so many kids doing other things rather than football. The geezer from West Ham's academy was talking about that last week. That makes it more important that the kids who do want to play are encouraged to make the most of their skills though rather than having a bunch of Tony Pulis type characters & psychotic parents screaming instructions at them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:47 pm

UAE just secured 2nd round qualification sitting on top of Group F after 2 rounds. Get innn!
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum