Dubious Goals Committee

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dubious Goals Committee

Postby blues-clues » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:12 pm

Micah Richard's "goal" against the Arse and Toure's goal against Fulham both seemed to come back off the woodwork and hit the goalie before going in. Not had a chance to see any slow motion replays of the Toure goal on Wednesday but it doesn't look as though it was going in until it hit Stockdale or the defender on the line.

Micah never seemed to have a chance of getting credit for his but Toure's was never in doubt and never even got referred.

Unless it is a massive deflection or a crap back pass I think a shot or header that results in a goal it should not go down as an own goal and the referee should make a decision on thi pitch as to who gets the credit. The "Dodgy Goals Committee" is another example of video evidence being used when it doesn't matter but being ignored when it does!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Re: Dubious Goals Committee

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:21 pm

We've had this discussion before & imo it's Micah's goal but some were saying it's in the book as an og. If that's true then it's bollocks imo as Fletcher's 1st header was going well wide but hit Gareth Barry & Ibrahimovic has a similar goal to his credit for Barca just in the last week.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Both og's for me. But who cares at the end of the day, except the players.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Fish111 wrote:Both og's for me. But who cares at the end of the day, except the players.

fantsay footballers
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Return to The Maine Football forum