Tevez is pure class

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez is pure class

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Last week Scum all over him, not as much as a blink or a flinch.

This week scores against his former club and humbly acknowledges the West Ham supporters.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Tevez is pure class

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:13 pm

He could celebrate in front of them, kiss the city badge and I think they'd still love him, he saved them from relegation. Bellamy on the other hand is getting booed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Slim wrote:He could celebrate in front of them, kiss the city badge and I think they'd still love him, he saved them from relegation. Bellamy on the other hand is getting booed.

I agree they love the guy but yeah he oozes class he would have done the same if he scored against the rags even though they booed him I reckon.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby King Kev » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:01 pm

West Ham fans generally have a lot better understanding of the game than Arsenal fans!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dr Golfball » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:07 pm

What a decent chap
Dr Golfball
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Jeremy Clarkson 4 PM
My favourite player is: Barry/Ireland

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:34 pm

wanker... he should have run the length of the pitch in tribute to Ade ;)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:47 pm

london blue 2 wrote:wanker... he should have run the length of the pitch in tribute to Ade ;)

oh I love those bans FA bans!!

hehehehehe
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 pm

london blue 2 wrote:wanker... he should have run the length of the pitch in tribute to Ade ;)

He scored in front of the West Ham fans. Would have been pretty pointless.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:57 pm

ronk wrote:

He scored in front of the West Ham fans. Would have been pretty pointless.

funny all the same... maybe he coulda got half way down and changed his mind and ran back....
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 pm

How he never got 5 goals himself today I will never know, he probably took the harder one!!.

Willing worker, tireless energy and skill to boot, but he needs to sort his finishing out a little, we could and should have had enough to declare after 20 minutes today, I couldn't believe it when they scored................or rather I could, but struggled to understand how they were level, after our start.

We were as wasteful today as we were vs Wolves, and again took only a small minority of guilt edged simple chances, I fear for the unlucky side who meet us when we have strikers on fire someday, they will be on the end of a beating that will eclipse the 8-1 we got given a few years back.........our best and biggest home win in history could be under threat this season!
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Steve » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:55 pm

I feel Tevez had been playing slightly below par since joining us, quite possibly due to fitness. Tonight however, I think he tore the shackles off, and put in a great performance. Tevez, Bellamy and Petrov were all awesome in that first half. Having sang Tevez's praises though, he should've had a hat trick tonight at least. I hope he is worked on his finishing this week!
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:How he never got 5 goals himself today I will never know, he probably took the harder one!!.

Willing worker, tireless energy and skill to boot, but he needs to sort his finishing out a little, we could and should have had enough to declare after 20 minutes today, I couldn't believe it when they scored................or rather I could, but struggled to understand how they were level, after our start.

We were as wasteful today as we were vs Wolves, and again took only a small minority of guilt edged simple chances, I fear for the unlucky side who meet us when we have strikers on fire someday, they will be on the end of a beating that will eclipse the 8-1 we got given a few years back.........our best and biggest home win in history could be under threat this season!

it was a little bit easy, yr right on that point. candy from a baby i guess. Still, the Nietzschean in me says i shouldn't feel badly about it...yknow?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gilt-edged

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:16 am

Steve wrote:I feel Tevez had been playing slightly below par since joining us, quite possibly due to fitness.
Totally agree.

Steve wrote:Tonight however, I think he tore the shackles off, and put in a great performance. Tevez, Bellamy and Petrov were all awesome in that first half. Having sang Tevez's praises though, he should've had a hat trick tonight at least. I hope he is worked on his finishing this week!

He was the most forward player tonight because of Sham's open play. There are very few other games this season (bearing in mind we aren't in Europe) where Tevez will have the chance to run free like today. Next week, if he and Bellamy play, Bellers will be at the fore (poss with Ade), with Tevez covering SWP's inadequacies.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:29 am

Well that's 3 goals total already despite being initially unfit etc - 5 wasn't it the dogturds said he will get us a season? Much more likely to score when he's on the field though, which Taggart didn't seem to realise.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 am

Steve wrote:I feel Tevez had been playing slightly below par since joining us, quite possibly due to fitness. Tonight however, I think he tore the shackles off, and put in a great performance. Tevez, Bellamy and Petrov were all awesome in that first half. Having sang Tevez's praises though, he should've had a hat trick tonight at least. I hope he is worked on his finishing this week!

If he had - I would be packing for AD - sob!!

No doubt I will be able to get over it - eventually
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dronny » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:43 pm

Sourced from the FA

Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez faces a 12 match ban after failing to celebrate appropriately during last night’s 3-1 win over his former club West Ham United. It is believed the club will also be docked 15 points and forced to play behind closed doors for the remainder of the season.

The controversy began as early as the fourth minute, when following a tap-in goal, Tevez showed an appalling lack of respect by appearing to pray for forgiveness from the travelling supporters. This was compounded after 60 minutes, as Tevez provoked the fans further by scoring AGAIN. This time his lack of celebration was witnessed by thousands of fans, and referee Chris Foy has admitted that, had he seen the inaction of Tevez, he would have had no alternative but to brandish a straight red card. Tevez has apologised for not celebrating appropriately, but this is unlikely to appease the FA, whose spokesman Alex Ferguson is thought to favour the death penalty.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beeks » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Dronny wrote:Sourced from the FA

Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez faces a 12 match ban after failing to celebrate appropriately during last night’s 3-1 win over his former club West Ham U***d. It is believed the club will also be docked 15 points and forced to play behind closed doors for the remainder of the season.

The controversy began as early as the fourth minute, when following a tap-in goal, Tevez showed an appalling lack of respect by appearing to pray for forgiveness from the travelling supporters. This was compounded after 60 minutes, as Tevez provoked the fans further by scoring AGAIN. This time his lack of celebration was witnessed by thousands of fans, and referee Chris Foy has admitted that, had he seen the inaction of Tevez, he would have had no alternative but to brandish a straight red card. Tevez has apologised for not celebrating appropriately, but this is unlikely to appease the FA, whose spokesman Alex Ferguson is thought to favour the death penalty.

PMSL

Love it :D
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby blootoof » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 pm

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:58 pm

blootoof wrote:Image

If you consider that their team has just lost a goal only seconds before, the West Ham fans reaction of applauding Tevez is also classy too.
Respect to them too.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dronny » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm

john68 wrote:
blootoof wrote:Image

If you consider that their team has just lost a goal only seconds before, the West Ham fans reaction of applauding Tevez is also classy too.
Respect to them too.

Agree with you John, I wonder if Walmai made it up to the game?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum