Man Of The Match V West Ham Home

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

Given
No votes
Bridge
3%
Lescott
1%
Toure
2%
Zabaletta
4%
Barry
1%
De Jong
30%
Petrov
29%
SWP
No votes
Tevez
21%
Bellamy
10%

Total votes : 156

Re: Man Of The Match V West Ham Home

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Martin Petrov.

Dispelled current nonsense myth #1 that he can only last 15 minutes a half.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Waz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Difficult decision to make, but I think Petrov edged it for me, with plenty of determination, guile and to top it all off an excellent free kick for his goal, and a cracking run and assist for Tevez's first. He really looked up for it tonight.

Honourable mentions to de Jong, who had a commanding game in midfield and indeed Zabaleta, who seems to have a great understanding with SWP and more so with Tevez - and Zabba really put the shift in tonight.
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Blue2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:[b]Certainly not Barry. woeful tonight .....[/b]

De jong for me. He played very well. Carlos came a close second.

Heard he has been ill and really shouldn't have played.

Yes Barry suffered as Stevie did last wednesday but had shaken it off enough to play. One of the coching staff down with it too. Bridge finished training on Sunday limping but obviously it wasn't serious.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby TonyM » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Most of the team were deserving but I went for Bellamy. I think he seems to epitomize the whole team right now.

Petrov was sensational 1st half - hope we make more use of that over the season. Tevez surprised me with his vision. I hope he can become more consistent in front of goal with more games. DeJong was a rock and Toure's reading of the game is superb. Zabba make a huge statement in terms of staking his claim for the regular RB slot. Bridge again had a very good game. That's most of the team playing a stormer and we still didn't lok like we were out of 2nd gear most of the game. Can't wait for till we gel. :-)

PS: Delighted to see Johnson back and what a pass to SWP!
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby M147WN » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:25 pm

i went for de Jong because I thought he won evrything he attempted to win, read the game beautifully and is starting to show he has more to his game than great tackles. His distribution was excellent and he is also very verbal, organising and encouraging which from his position is exactly what i would expect of him. Absolutely superb tonight and looks like commands a great deal of respect amongst the rest of the squad!
looking to be a great aquisition!

Performances of note all over the place tonight!

Kolo was superb! .. never put a foot wrong, Zabba too was outstanding, Bellers never stopped for a breath and you wonder what Hughes will do if Ade is ok to face Villa next Monday? How can you drop Bellamy on this form?
Robinho must be wondering if he will be an automatic choice when fit, Ireland may also start to wonder if his place is gaurenteed?

Lots of credit to the manager and the training staff!
Well done tonight boys!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:26 pm

Actually it is nice to see so many nominations - speaks volumes for the team / squad capability
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blackadder2 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 pm

De Jong.

A performance right out of the Makelele school of defensive midfieldship tonight.

Closely followed by Tevez.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.
Blackadder2
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:37 pm

DeJong by a mile and a bit, the lads quality. Breaks down opposition attacks, and starts our forward play with ease. The ability to become a Keane/Vieira type of player or even better
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Shit, I forgot about Toure!! Can i change my vote?! Can toure give lescott a few lessons?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:55 pm

I went for Toure. As good as any centre half performance I have ever seen in a city team.

Like someone mentioned above. Its nice to have so many options and I would certainly not argue with anyone who picked Petrov or De Jong either tonight. Both of them were superb.

A mention for Gareth Barry and Wayne Bridge to. Both solid 8/10 in almost every game so far this season.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bluemoon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 am

Despite a great attacking performance (we should have scored more really) I'd have to go for De Jong, he ruled the midfield today and more than helped out the defence and play his part in starting many of our attacks. Bellamy, Petrov and Tevez of course could easily have got it too. Nice to see so many in our teams have great games.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby The Original Special One » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 am

My MOTM deserved a thread all of his own: read it and weep, NQDP!
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:07 am

bluemoon wrote:Despite a great attacking performance (we should have scored more really) I'd have to go for De Jong, he ruled the midfield today and more than helped out the defence and play his part in starting many of our attacks. Bellamy, Petrov and Tevez of course could easily have got it too. Nice to see so many in our teams have great games.

50 passes at 100% completion is absolutely staggering - MOTM for me too.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:00 am

Difficult not to vote for DeJong but I'm going to go for Petrov because the game had to be won twice & he won it twice.

Aside from thost two, Tevez, Bellamy & Toure were excellent & Zabba was superb. Amazing how many outstanding performances we've had from different players already, then when you consider Ireland & Robbie have done sod all yet, RSC, Johhno, Vinny only just getting fit & Weiss chomping at the bit. So much more to come!

Anyone spot Petrov absolutely sprinting back 80 yards to defend in the last few mins, TWICE!!? If Hughes can get him doing that, he must have something about him. Never seen that before.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Difficult not to vote for DeJong but I'm going to go for Petrov because the game had to be won twice & he won it twice.

Aside from thost two, Tevez, Bellamy & Toure were excellent & Zabba was superb. Amazing how many outstanding performances we've had from different players already, then when you consider Ireland & Robbie have done sod all yet, RSC, Johhno, Vinny only just getting fit & Weiss chomping at the bit. So much more to come!

Anyone spot Petrov absolutely sprinting back 80 yards to defend in the last few mins, TWICE!!? If Hughes can get him doing that, he must have something about him. Never seen that before.

I mentioned it in the game thread, but what he did when he was there was not really defending. I laughed cause he just shoved the guy over, well better than nothing.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:08 am

may be in the minority but bellamy has continued to be immense - got an assist on the free kick, and literally was everywhere on the pitch, slotting back to midfield when rocky came on towards the end. have a feeling petrov will be dropped for adebayor next week, although i'm not sure ireland walks back into the team in a week's time, because de jong has been just as good.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:12 am

i went for Tevez...ran his socks off and created/had so many fantastic chances...it was a pleasure to watch. And the quality of his 2nd goal put the game away when we still could have found a way to make heavy weather out of it. Clearly de Jong had a fantastic match as well, but it was Tevez for me. Should have scored 4 but still he shaded de Jong in my mind.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:28 am

I went for Tevez! Him and Bellers were absolute class today up top. The ran the West Ham defence to pieces. Dragged them all over the place. I'd say it was a near perfect display from them both. Tevez gets it cos he got 2 goals, but the pair of them were both 9's for me.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 am

Bridge for me. 100% satisfactory, 60% exciting. Best you can ever ask from a left back.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Martinez » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:03 am

Petrov for me, it was just his game, he threatened every single time that the ball was played to him. Very few players would get those two volleys on goal, I thought he was superb. Tevez had a great game too, involved in most things, should have scored at least one more to get top honors from me.
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum