Best first 11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Best first 11

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:17 am

edge275 wrote:So, who does everyone think our best 11 is now?

I'm going for this

--------------------------Given-------------------------

Zabaleta------Toure-----------Lescott--------Bridge

--------------------------Barry--------------------------

------------Tevez------------------Bellamy------------

---Robinho------------------------------Petrov--------

------------------------Adebayor------------------------

the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:45 am

depends who we are up againist, like last night, faubert was a weak link when run at so petrov was used and linked well with barry and bridge. we now have so many options that we can play a number of different formations and tactics. teams will find it hard to prepare againist us and the bottom half teams will just go for a draw (home or away) so we have to learn how to break down a team that sit back. the one area i would like to see unchanged or only slight changes is the back 4, once this is settled then we can change the rest accordingly.

if everyone was fit and more importantly on form;

...................Given

Onuoha.....Toure......Lescott.....Bridge

......Ireland......Kompany......Barry

Tevez.........Adebayour........Robinho

if we need to alter our attack, then sub Tevez and Ireland or Robinho for SWP and Petrov and attack down the wings. we can easily go 3 at the back.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:14 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:depends who we are up againist, like last night, faubert was a weak link when run at so petrov was used and linked well with barry and bridge. we now have so many options that we can play a number of different formations and tactics. teams will find it hard to prepare againist us and the bottom half teams will just go for a draw (home or away) so we have to learn how to break down a team that sit back. the one area i would like to see unchanged or only slight changes is the back 4, once this is settled then we can change the rest accordingly.

...................Given

if we need to alter our attack, then sub Tevez and Ireland or Robinho for SWP and Petrov and attack down the wings. we can easily go 3 at the back.

There's my team.... almost!

Except I don't know why you dropped De Jong...

Bellamy would be hard to drop but in the long term...
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Given

Zabba-Toure-Lescott-Bridge

Ireland-Barry

Tevez-Robinho-Bellamy

Adebayor
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:depends who we are up againist, like last night, faubert was a weak link when run at so petrov was used and linked well with barry and bridge. we now have so many options that we can play a number of different formations and tactics. teams will find it hard to prepare againist us and the bottom half teams will just go for a draw (home or away) so we have to learn how to break down a team that sit back. the one area i would like to see unchanged or only slight changes is the back 4, once this is settled then we can change the rest accordingly.

...................Given

There's my team.... almost!

Except I don't know why you dropped De Jong...

Bellamy would be hard to drop but in the long term...

Listening to Komps interview and he was saying that he injured his foot in Feb. this been around the same time that his performance dropped a bit and he was'nt moving as freely. I think with kompany back to his pre xmas form then he might just oust de jong
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Edge, u wanker, its not football manager is the fucking real world, the premier league, you cant play that 11. nob rash.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Crossie wrote:Edge, u wanker, its not football manager is the fucking real world, the premier league, you cant play that 11. nob rash.

I bet you've been dying to get this in ;)
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby CityGer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:50 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
CityGer wrote:Your side would get completely over run in midfield and is a bit of a joke.

Hey lads we have got a manager here in our midst!.........someone who slates others opinions of a side they consider to be the best, this fucking pisses me off this, if you don't agree fine, but in no way was it a joke, and who says we would be over-run, last I checked sides need the ball to over-run someone, Barca don't suffer being over-run too often and they tend to be very attack minded.

You are quite entitled to your own opinion, but lets not start this "that is a joke" bullshit, if he meant it as a joke he would have said so, or made out that it was meant to make people laugh................I don't agree with his side, but I'd sure as fuck pay to watch them, if it was selected for any game this year.

Hold the fucking bus, arse wipe. I called his team selection a joke, that's all. I didn't say I hoped that his next shit was like a hedgehog or that his kids walked backwards. Chill out, the team he posted was a joke, imo.

Your own rant kind of contradicts what you posted but I'll not bother going in to that with you as it may take some time to explain.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby aristation » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 pm

My view is:
Given
Onuha Toure Kompany Lescott
Barry - de Jong
Tevez ----------------Bellamy
Adebayor
RSC

we have never played it and possibly never will
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby citytilidie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:24 pm

I dont think we have a best 11, it just depends who we play against.

i would really love to see at some point a 4-4-2 with petrov and SWP on the wings and ade and RSC up front! score a few headers i think!!
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:36 pm

yes for about a week now, i thought id cool down a little first you see.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby saulman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 pm

I know it's horses for courses and that's why we have the squad that we do but from what I've seen this season I reckon this team could beat anyone.............

--------------------------------Given---------------------------------

Zabbs-----------Toure-----------------Lescott--------------Bridge

--------------------De Jong------------Barry-------------------------

Tevez------------------------Robinho-----------------------Bellamy

------------------------------Adebayor--------------------------------
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:25 pm

saulman wrote:I know it's horses for courses and that's why we have the squad that we do but from what I've seen this season I reckon this team could beat anyone.............

--------------------------------Given---------------------------------

Zabbs-----------Toure-----------------Lescott--------------Bridge

--------------------De Jong------------Barry-------------------------

Tevez------------------------Robinho-----------------------Bellamy

------------------------------Adebayor--------------------------------

Very good team, although personally I'd swap De Jong for Kompany and then we're talking.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:03 pm

edge275 wrote:
saulman wrote:I know it's horses for courses and that's why we have the squad that we do but from what I've seen this season I reckon this team could beat anyone.............

--------------------------------Given----------------------------------Versus------------------------Taylor-----------------------------------

Zabbs-----------Toure-----------------Lescott--------------Bridge----/----Richards-------------Onuoha---------Kompany---------Sylvinho----

--------------------De Jong------------Barry----------------------------/------------------------------Johnson-----------Ireland--------------------

Tevez------------------------Robinho-----------------------Bellamy---/--------Weiss--------------------SWP-----------------------Petrov-------

------------------------------Adebayor----------------------------------/-------------------------------Santa Cruz------------------------------------
--
--
Very good team, although personally I'd swap De Jong for Kompany and then we're talking.

would that be a game worth watching? If we had one more decent CB it would be closer
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum