Heck Jack, Johnson's Back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Heck Jack, Johnson's Back

Postby john68 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 am

The one position we seemed to lack cover for was Ireland's...As long as he can stay injury free, Johnno coming back would appear to solve that and possibly complete the jigsaw.
Glad to see he has taken the 1st step.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:43 am

Yeah all down to how his mind is. Never know if its just rumour or not but I used to hear that he was just fucked in the head and didnt want it, he just happened to be good at footy. Hope thats not the case coz he was amazin when he was fit.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:02 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CitizenYank wrote:Never been that high on him: but have to admit, he's an interesting asset.
Looked healthy fit and in very good shape.

He's still only 21 and he's got more talent than he knows what to do with.

Is there a future role for him here and can we keep the "pints" of weight
off him???

What do you think?

Are you joking? I hope the lad gets his fitness back and all but he was carrying alot of extra weight.

Mate, no offence, I know you're more "senior" than me, and a lot of other posters on here. But I asked this exact same question on here to DH (who, at the end of the day, knows more about players than anyone else here), and he pointed out what you're slagging off, in a positive way. I hate to swear, or bitch about other posters, but FOR FUCK'S SAKE NQDP, JOHNSON HAS JUST GOT BACK, DID WELL, AND HAS CHANGED HIS BUILD.
I've heard an interesting, and potentially realistic, theory about Johnson's 'illness'. As it's not privileged information, or stuff like that, the thing is Crohn's disease. Hardly life threatening, but bad enough to take when you're a 19 year old footballer, and pretty much fits in with all treatment schedules, weight gain, and 'personal outwardness' that the club has abided by over the past 2 years.

I didn't want to post this 'til now, but I had a strong feeling about it a while ago. Recurrence will take him out for the odd 6 weeks or so, but he's over the worse (if what I assume is right.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:05 am

You know the treatment for Crohn's disease is smoking weed?

Fucking aces.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:20 am

Slim wrote:You know the treatment for Crohn's disease is smoking weed?

Fucking aces.

Also a delicate measurement of steroids, or in WCS, colostomy bag. Heavy stuff to tell a 19 year old, who may take it the wrong way when the worst is told to them, considering their potential stardom.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dipstick » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:52 am

Yeay! Another 21 year old we can slag off and have polls about how totally crap he is because he isn't better than Gerrard.
Anyone volunteering to drive him to his new club if he wants to leave?
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Martinez » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:54 am

Is our squad really that thin, that we have to put an overweight, chronically ill, gambling alcoholic on the bench? That's a really worrying statement from the coaching staff, I guess our academy isn't that great after all....
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:58 am

Martinez wrote:Is our squad really that thin, that we have to put an overweight, chronically ill, gambling alcoholic on the bench? That's a really worrying statement from the coaching staff, I guess our academy isn't that great after all....

No, but our fanbase is so thin that we need all the annoying cunts who write off kids after not learning their lesson the first time around with Stevie we can get. Thanks.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby razor400 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 am

Martinez wrote:Is our squad really that thin, that we have to put an overweight, chronically ill, gambling alcoholic on the bench? That's a really worrying statement from the coaching staff, I guess our academy isn't that great after all....

Are you really THAT FUCKING MORONIC?
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:04 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CitizenYank wrote:Never been that high on him: but have to admit, he's an interesting asset.
Looked healthy fit and in very good shape.

He's still only 21 and he's got more talent than he knows what to do with.

Is there a future role for him here and can we keep the "pints" of weight
off him???

What do you think?

Are you joking? I hope the lad gets his fitness back and all but he was carrying alot of extra weight.

Mate, no offence, I know you're more "senior" than me, and a lot of other posters on here. But I asked this exact same question on here to DH (who, at the end of the day, knows more about players than anyone else here), and he pointed out what you're slagging off, in a positive way. I hate to swear, or bitch about other posters, but FOR FUCK'S SAKE NQDP, JOHNSON HAS JUST GOT BACK, DID WELL, AND HAS CHANGED HIS BUILD.
I've heard an interesting, and potentially realistic, theory about Johnson's 'illness'. As it's not privileged information, or stuff like that, the thing is Crohn's disease. Hardly life threatening, but bad enough to take when you're a 19 year old footballer, and pretty much fits in with all treatment schedules, weight gain, and 'personal outwardness' that the club has abided by over the past 2 years.

I didn't want to post this 'til now, but I had a strong feeling about it a while ago. Recurrence will take him out for the odd 6 weeks or so, but he's over the worse (if what I assume is right.

Why would I be offended about that? All good points. And I wasn't slagging off Johnson. I only said that there were weaknesses in his game even before his injury and that he looked very unfit to me.

Douglas' reports are excellent but he also reports things as he seems them. Just like in this topic some feel Johnson was unfit and some that he had build muscle. People see things differently and we see the game VERY differently with Douglas (and that's not to discredit him in any way). Most likely if you read my reports of training sessions, you'd hear different players praised. Game of opinions and all that.

I've heard a theory about Johnsons situation from three different, but very reliable, sources but I'm not going to go to that on public message board. Bottom line is that we should all hope that he can buckle down and get his act together from now on, right?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Johnson's not fat, he's just built up muscle he didn't have before. He may become a bit more toned & lean looking as he gets fitter but he's a bigger bloke now & he'll mostly stay that way. He's looking very light on his feet though. I'm sure he'll be a lot stronger & therefore better than before if he can stay clear of his injury problems.

sorry ted but he is fat, you don't build up muscle around your stomach and under your chin I am afraid. I thought he looked fit though, but definately nowhere near his peak
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:35 am

Gonna be real tough to get back into the team in any sort of way and gonna be battling the likes of Ireland to do it. Don't think he will be more than a regular bench warmer this season.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:41 am

Wooders wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Johnson's not fat, he's just built up muscle he didn't have before. He may become a bit more toned & lean looking as he gets fitter but he's a bigger bloke now & he'll mostly stay that way. He's looking very light on his feet though. I'm sure he'll be a lot stronger & therefore better than before if he can stay clear of his injury problems.

sorry ted but he is fat, you don't build up muscle around your stomach and under your chin I am afraid. I thought he looked fit though, but definately nowhere near his peak

A couple of points

He is certainly carrying a bit of excess weight....but he is nearly two years older than when we saw him running riot with Elano and has (as Roy and others have pointed out) just changed shape as a result of the lay off/gym work/being older

He will lose that excess as match fitness comes, no doubt about that

What I did, however, see (which I had been lucky enough to see already in a couple of trips to Carrington in the summer) was a player who was still very nimble and fleet of foot and whose footballing brain seemed the same guy I last saw in action a year or so ago.

Comparisons with Lee Croft are wrong and unfair. Michael Johnson has already had one very very good season in the PL.....Croft had an amazing run as a junior and had maybe two decent appearances for the senior side and is now on his latest lower tier club.

Everyone is entitled to their own view on Johnson but I'd say he's proved without a shadow of a doubt that he is a significant level (or two or three) above Croft. Sure, the talk of him being the next Colin Bell was balls (and/or premature balls) but he is a properly decent player and it was fantastic to see him back and big props to the club for taking their time getting him right (in body and mind). I shudder to think how over his career would now be if he'd had the misfortune to have been flogged to a desperate Newcastle last year....rushed back and permanently fucked is my guess.

Welcome back Michael
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Fish111 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:48 am

Too little time to pass judgement and there is still a long road back for him BUT! He looked in very very good shape last night and he will save us millions in the transfer market when he regains full match fitness and ability.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Martinez » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:58 am

razor400 wrote:

Ouch! It was meant to be ironic, mate.

The point I was trying to make was: IF all these rumours were true, would the coaching staff put him on the bench or on the field. Of course f***ing not! A professional footballers fitness is monitored closely and just because MJ doesn't look like Micah(who is considered too fit!) he is fat/lazy/an alcoholic among other things. I ANY of this was true, there are 5-10 eager academy youngsters to take his place.

Personally I don't think he is far from full fitness, I'm really glad he's back and I think he could be very useful this year and in the future
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby razor400 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:11 am

Martinez wrote:
razor400 wrote:

The point I was trying to make was: IF all these rumours were true, would the coaching staff put him on the bench or on the field. Of course f***ing not! A professional footballers fitness is monitored closely and just because MJ doesn't look like Micah(who is considered too fit!) he is fat/lazy/an alcoholic among other things. I ANY of this was true, there are 5-10 eager academy youngsters to take his place.

Personally I don't think he is far from full fitness, I'm really glad he's back and I think he could be very useful this year and in the future

Alright I'll let you off, just leave the irony till after lunch next time.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:12 am

razor400 wrote:
Martinez wrote:
razor400 wrote:

to be fair Razor, I thought he was serious too.....agreed....Roberto, leave the jokes til at least elevensees if they are of that ilk!!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:23 am

ant london wrote:
razor400 wrote:
Martinez wrote:
razor400 wrote:

to be fair Razor, I thought he was serious too.....agreed....Roberto, leave the jokes til at least elevensees if they are of that ilk!!

Fuck that,lets give him shit.

Irony at 9.23am,Tit.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby lythamblue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:23 am

Wooders wrote:[

sorry ted but he is fat, you don't build up muscle around your stomach and under your chin I am afraid. [/quote]

If BIB is correct and MJ has got Crohn's disease, yes he would!

Crohn's is an incurable (but treatable) inflamatory bowel disease ...... the treatment is a sustained level of steroids. In that instance 'around your stomach and under your chin' is exactly where you would seem enlarged, although not due to excessive weight.

BIB, is this a guess or do you know somnething definate?

If MJ has been diagnosed with this, it is really a terrible thing to live with if you are a professional sports person and personally, I doubt anyone could.

However, there are varying degrees and it is the sort of disease which can remain almost dormant for long periods if he is lucky.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lythamblue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:27 am

Wooders wrote:

If BIB is correct and MJ has got Crohn's disease, yes he would!

Crohn's is an incurable (but treatable) inflamatory bowel disease ...... the treatment is a sustained level of steroids. In that instance 'around your stomach and under your chin' is exactly where you would seem enlarged, although not due to excessive weight.

BIB, is this a guess or do you know somnething definate?

If MJ has been diagnosed with this, it is really a terrible thing to live with if you are a professional sports person and personally, I doubt anyone could.

However, there are varying degrees and it is the sort of disease which can remain almost dormant for long periods if he is lucky.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum