Heck Jack, Johnson's Back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Heck Jack, Johnson's Back

Postby Martinez » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:27 am

razor400 wrote:
Martinez wrote:
razor400 wrote:
Martinez wrote:Is our squad really that thin, that we have to put an overweight, chronically ill, gambling alcoholic on the bench? That's a really worrying statement from the coaching staff, I guess our academy isn't that great after all....

Are you really THAT FUCKING MORONIC?

Ouch! It was meant to be ironic, mate.

The point I was trying to make was: IF all these rumours were true, would the coaching staff put him on the bench or on the field. Of course f***ing not! A professional footballers fitness is monitored closely and just because MJ doesn't look like Micah(who is considered too fit!) he is fat/lazy/an alcoholic among other things. I ANY of this was true, there are 5-10 eager academy youngsters to take his place.

Personally I don't think he is far from full fitness, I'm really glad he's back and I think he could be very useful this year and in the future

Alright I'll let you off, just leave the irony till after lunch next time.

I thought it was such a clever post, everyone is surprisingly trigger happy this morning. I actually have MJ listed as favourite player in my profile, maybe it would have worked if it was visible next to the post as it used to be
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:28 am

lythamblue wrote:
Wooders wrote:[

sorry ted but he is fat, you don't build up muscle around your stomach and under your chin I am afraid.

If BIB is correct and MJ has got Crohn's disease, yes he would!

Crohn's is an incurable (but treatable) inflamatory bowel disease ...... the treatment is a sustained level of steroids. In that instance 'around your stomach and under your chin' is exactly where you would seem enlarged, although not due to excessive weight.

BIB, is this a guess or do you know somnething definate?

If MJ has been diagnosed with this, it is really a terrible thing to live with if you are a professional sports person and personally, I doubt anyone could.

However, there are varying degrees and it is the sort of disease which can remain almost dormant for long periods if he is lucky.[/quote]

agreed with that Lytham, one of my best friends has got quite acute Crohns. His mum ended up dying very young as a result of having it too (albeit that she didn't pass away as a direct result of the disease it certainly contributed to what did kill her).

I doubt anyone could play professional sport with the condition to be honest, the flare ups are quite horrific and the medication used to keep it under control isn't nice to you in terms of the effects it has on your body (which do certainly include weight gain due to the steroids).

One thing that is true is that boozing is absolutely not compatible with the disease and the medication.....in light of MJ's infamous recreation style I find it incredibly hard to believe that he could have Crohns
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 am

Looked quite classy in his brief appearance. Agree that he could be the cover for Ireland we've missed.

Les must rate him as he gave him that new contract last year, and he is proving to be a pretty good judge of who was a waster and who is a good guy to bring in.

I fancy we never really saw Johnno at full tilt, he was always carrying some injury or illness or other, so maybe that would have explained some of his weaknesses in the past?

Hopefully he has put most of it behind him. My worry is that last time he made an appearance (first game in SA) he disappeared for weeks.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:47 am

If he does have chrones, whats the problem with the club admitting it?

The rumours he got smacked off his tits on drugs while injured, and would have failed a drugs test seem more realistic.

Can someone do a before and after pic? It would be interesting.

I watched him when he came on, he was always looking at the ball, moving towards it or into space to receive it, played a gorgeous long pass, and i swear he didnt even look up before he passed it.

Great to have him back,
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:32 am

Crossie wrote:If he does have chrones, whats the problem with the club admitting it?

The rumours he got smacked off his tits on drugs while injured, and would have failed a drugs test seem more realistic.

Can someone do a before and after pic? It would be interesting.

I watched him when he came on, he was always looking at the ball, moving towards it or into space to receive it, played a gorgeous long pass, and i swear he didnt even look up before he passed it.

Great to have him back,

That's the clear weak link on that theory. Why would they not speak about it but instead put Jonno situation under intense speculation by supporters? They've got no reason to do that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby xavi6 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: Many people seem to forget that even when he was fit, there were clear weaknesses on his game that needed lot of honing. Like the fact that he always seemed to disappear for long periods during the game.

In fairness, what teenage midfielder doesn't have games like that in his first full season in the Premiership? Even Fabregas went missing during the early days.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:17 am

xavi6 wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: Many people seem to forget that even when he was fit, there were clear weaknesses on his game that needed lot of honing. Like the fact that he always seemed to disappear for long periods during the game.

In fairness, what teenage midfielder doesn't have games like that in his first full season in the Premiership? Even Fabregas went missing during the early days.

I didn't say there was anything out of ordinary about that did I? Point was that some people seem to remember him as some sort of second coming of Colin Bell before his injury when in fact he was even then still raw as bear's first shit of the spring.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
xavi6 wrote:

I didn't say there was anything out of ordinary about that did I? Point was that some people seem to remember him as some sort of second coming of Colin Bell before his injury when in fact he was even then still raw as bear's first shit of the spring.

He was better than Ireland at the time though. A similar improvement from Johnno would result in a true world class player. The calmness he showed on the ball & the pass he played from deep at the back over the shoulder of RSC (something Ireland's tried to do for Bellamy & co about 30 times so far & got every one wrong) showed what he COULD bring to the team if he gets match fit. I don't think he's far off that either.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 am

He's one of my favourite players hope he's back.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think he's far off that either.

this picture makes it seems otherwise.....(but I actually fully agree with you!!)

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:47 am

Wow, he's really worked on those jaw and neck muscles. I bet he chows down the gobstoppers easily.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 am

ant london wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think he's far off that either.

this picture makes it seems otherwise.....(but I actually fully agree with you!!)

He was warming up about 20 yards from me & he didn't look like that, thank God! He has got a doorman's head from some angles though & I don't think he'll completely lose it now he's been doing the weights, even if he gets quite lean. He may be permanently suffering from 'Tyson's Neck' syndrome.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:18 pm

FFS. Why do people think that just because someone is big that they are fat?
Got to a fuckin gym and tell big guys in there that they are fat and see what they say!

There was a video of him on the website when they were getting measured for the kits and he had his top off. He didn't have a belly on him at all and was no bigger than Ned. Why don't we all call Ned, who is also a young player and went through the exact same transition period as Johnson, a fat cunt too?! I remember when Ned first came on the scene and he was very slight, then he got injured and came back a bigger player.

People tip toe around Ireland like 'oh if I say anything bad about Ireland on a forum where we're supposed to give our opinions he'll get very upset!' Lets be honest here, Johnson is far more talented than Ireland. If by Johnson coming back it gets Ireland's arse in gear and he starts performing like he did last season because he's got a bit of pressure on him then that's good all round.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stockportblue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:30 pm

If a player can show in a minute and a couple of touches that level of awareness and technical ability I hope all his injury problems and personal problems are behind him.Im told that his actual injury was Pubic Symphysis Injury which does require steroids to be treated.This erxplains his bloated apperance.

When he gets his mobility back we are looking at an exceptional player.I dont know much about the long term effects of the injury if there are any.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:43 pm

He would only have been given game time (even a couple of minutes) if he had earned it in training. Im looking forward to seeing him play a bit longer next time.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 pm

MaseCTID wrote:FFS. Why do people think that just because someone is big that they are fat?
Got to a fuckin gym and tell big guys in there that they are fat and see what they say!

Get those same guys from the gym onto football field and see how "fit" they really are.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:FFS. Why do people think that just because someone is big that they are fat?

Get those same guys from the gym onto football field and see how "fit" they really are.

Who said anything about being "fit"? I think you misread the post mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:16 pm

I'd say a little from column A and a 'lil from column B....
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:19 pm

I am glad to see him back, I hope he loses some more weight because he does look a bit heavy at the moment.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum