Heck Jack, Johnson's Back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Heck Jack, Johnson's Back

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:27 pm

he's a fantastic asset to have back....

check this for nostalgia (also hilarious that the commentary states that it was our first goal at Eastlands in over THIRTEEN hours of football.....hahaha....how times changed!!)

[youtube]VujQvQk21Wo&feature=related[/youtube]
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Steve » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CitizenYank wrote:Never been that high on him: but have to admit, he's an interesting asset.
Looked healthy fit and in very good shape.

He's still only 21 and he's got more talent than he knows what to do with.

Is there a future role for him here and can we keep the "pints" of weight
off him???

What do you think?

Are you joking? I hope the lad gets his fitness back and all but he was carrying alot of extra weight.

Mate, no offence, I know you're more "senior" than me, and a lot of other posters on here. But I asked this exact same question on here to DH (who, at the end of the day, knows more about players than anyone else here), and he pointed out what you're slagging off, in a positive way. I hate to swear, or bitch about other posters, but FOR FUCK'S SAKE NQDP, JOHNSON HAS JUST GOT BACK, DID WELL, AND HAS CHANGED HIS BUILD.
I've heard an interesting, and potentially realistic, theory about Johnson's 'illness'. As it's not privileged information, or stuff like that, the thing is Crohn's disease. Hardly life threatening, but bad enough to take when you're a 19 year old footballer, and pretty much fits in with all treatment schedules, weight gain, and 'personal outwardness' that the club has abided by over the past 2 years.

I didn't want to post this 'til now, but I had a strong feeling about it a while ago. Recurrence will take him out for the odd 6 weeks or so, but he's over the worse (if what I assume is right.

Why would I be offended about that? All good points. And I wasn't slagging off Johnson. I only said that there were weaknesses in his game even before his injury and that he looked very unfit to me.

Douglas' reports are excellent but he also reports things as he seems them. Just like in this topic some feel Johnson was unfit and some that he had build muscle. People see things differently and we see the game VERY differently with Douglas (and that's not to discredit him in any way). Most likely if you read my reports of training sessions, you'd hear different players praised. Game of opinions and all that.

I've heard a theory about Johnsons situation from three different, but very reliable, sources but I'm not going to go to that on public message board. Bottom line is that we should all hope that he can buckle down and get his act together from now on, right?

How about PM? I'm good with secrets, honest!
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:24 pm

lythamblue wrote:
Wooders wrote:

sorry ted but he is fat, you don't build up muscle around your stomach and under your chin I am afraid. I thought he looked fit though, but definately nowhere near his peak

If BIB is correct and MJ has got Crohn's disease, yes he would!
Crohn's is an incurable (but treatable) inflamatory bowel disease ...... the treatment is a sustained level of steroids. In that instance 'around your stomach and under your chin' is exactly where you would seem enlarged, although not due to excessive weight.
BIB, is this a guess or do you know somnething definate?
If MJ has been diagnosed with this, it is really a terrible thing to live with if you are a professional sports person and personally, I doubt anyone could.
However, there are varying degrees and it is the sort of disease which can remain almost dormant for long periods if he is lucky.

No, it's an educated guess a medical friend made a while back. He basically shows all the symptoms of a youngster (yes, Ant, some youngsters do resort to drink and general 'wild life' when diagnosed with it mildly, as being told the worst-case scenario hits them pretty hard) being diagnosed with it.

The club couldn't issue a statement regarding a particular medical condition without the player's express consent. I'm pretty sure it would be illegal.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:32 pm

ant london wrote:he's a fantastic asset to have back....

check this for nostalgia (also hilarious that the commentary states that it was our first goal at Eastlands in over THIRTEEN hours of football.....hahaha....how times changed!!)

[youtube]VujQvQk21Wo&feature=related[/youtube]

God I love that goal, was probably one of my favourites in that season!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby steve isle of man » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Looks like he's gone from the new Colin Bell to the new Andy Morrison
Did he do anything else memorable that season apart from the Derby and Villa goals?
I can't remember much myself.
steve isle of man
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum