Robinho on the right?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho on the right?

Postby blues-clues » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Please forgive if this has been asked before but I don recall seeing Robinho playing as a right winger. Has he ever been played specifically in this position?

We seem to have an abundance of talent that can do a good job on the left. I just wonder if his place is guaranteed when he is fit or whether he could make as great a contribution on the right.

In some ways it would be a shame because it would limit the opportunities for Vlad but we are barely mising him at the moment and certainly not down the left flank.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Re: Robinho on the right?

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:26 pm

No he has never been played as a right winger before in his career, true he is right footed and very skillful, but never played in that role........then again he has never been employed as a winger in his career either.

Last year for City, he was positioned as a Left midfielder, not a winger, as a winger sticks out wide, he drifts and with not being left footed, was and is never going to beat a man and whip a cross into the box (like Petrov does and would).

We only really have 3 wingers at the club (Petrov, SWP and Weiss), who have played 1st team football, I would like to see Robinho play in his natural role as support striker (currently the role being played by Tevez), but he will have his work cut out when he does return, as Adebayor (as leading scorer) cannot be left out, Bellamy (as current star man) is another, who should be in every game at the minute, and Tevez (link-up star, and probably the best target man to shield the ball at the club) is another who is on good form (scored 2 today also to boot), all 3 have different attributes we need, Robinho, even as the best individual player and superstar at the club, must be included from the bench first and have to wait for his chance.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Return to The Maine Football forum