Ratings vrs west sham?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ratings vrs west sham?

Postby paulmclaren » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:17 pm

Numerous players played well i thought today.
A really good all round display.
But here's mine.

Given-7-can't fault him for the goal, commanding as usual,excellent on crosses, the best keeper in the premiership.
Zabaletta-8-without a doubt our best right back,excellent passing,very strong committed player,never shunts a tackle.
Toure-8-A definite leader, organises very well,top interceptions.
Lesscott-7-slowly adapting,caught cold a few times, will be a quality player.
Bridge-8-playing really well this season, up and down, does the odd trick too.
Shaun Wright Phillips-6/7- hot and cold Shauney of late, will get better.
Barry-9-again all round world class, Ireland will start having a battle for his place i think between hin n De Jong.
De Jong-10-i thought he was quality tonight, at the centre of everything, when Kompany gets fit, things will get interesting.
Petrov-9-again top notch, 1 assist, 1 goal, should of been 2, excellent crossing, where will Robinho fir into all this?
Bellamy-10-my motm, but seriously, his moaning needs to be curbed, he's over the top sometimes when things go against him.
Tevez-9-when involved, and amazing all round player, scoring for fun too.
Santa Cruise-6-warm up game from the bigman, nice touches and flick ons though.

Hughes-9-excellent tactics, look's like he has everyone's backing.
Problem will be.
Keeping everyone happy..............
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Re: Ratings vrs west sham?

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Agree with all. Apart from I didnt see much promise from RSC. The thing that pissed me off was that he didnt seem hungry, Its his home debut and his fighting against Ade ffs. He also missed a sitter, unmarked.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby bluemoon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:19 am

Given - 7 Excellent again when called upon, not much he could about the goal.

Zabaletta - 8 As much as it pain's me to say (Sorry Micah!) we just looked so much more solid down the right hand side and Zabs showed once again what a great engine he has. Definetly has the ability to make the RB position his own.

Toure - 8 Fantastic performance again, definetly our gain and Arsenal's loss

Lescott-7 Would have been a 6 but we got a let off for West Ham's ruled out equaliser, however he did show signs of improvement as the game went on. Jury is still firmly out for me.

Bridge - 7 Couple of minor mistakes, but has definetly improved over last season and seems to be building an understanding with the midfield and attack now.

Shaun Wright Phillips - 6 A low six (if that's even possible!) The SWP fan club won't like my rating, but I feel it's a true reflection of yet another below-par performance. If there's one player who's position is truly under threat, then it's SWP.

Barry -8 Seemed a little off his game at moments tonight, but I presume that was down to the bug he had. May not have been his usual self, but still more than good enough.

De Jong - 10 Without a doubt his best perfomance for us yet. I felt he just needed a few games to bed in and he hasn't dissapointed in his last two performances. Consistency is the key now, let's hope he carries on this form on into the rest of the season.

Petrov- 9 Now that's why he deserved his chance, been a long time coming and well worth his starting place. Looked tired half way through the 2nd half, can't tackle to save his life, but one hell of threat and defenders must dread playing against him.

Bellamy- 9 Outstanding again, only thing missing from the performance was another goal. Great team player that really does give it all for the cause.

Tevez - 9 Should have had his first hat-trick for us, excellent all-round display and looked as sharp as I've seen him so far. The signs are good!
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:32 am

I really did think there was anything approaching a 10 rating tonight.

Lots of 6's and 7's, maybe 8's to Toure, Bridge, de Jong and Petrov.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 am

Given - 6, had little to do. His distribution seemed off a few times as well.

Zabba - 8, showed a lot going forward and never shirked a challenge. Tevez seemed to like linking with him as well.

Toure - 7, another solid display, got turned by Carlton Cole at one point and made a beautiful recovering tackle. Very refrshing to see. Not an overly hard day at the office mind.

Lescott - 6, Best display for us yet, but had little to do really. Nearly cost us big time for their ruled out 2nd.

Bridge - 7, Links up brilliantly and getting better in defence. Massive improvement on last season.

SWP - 6, Gave the ball away far too often for me.

Barry - 6, Didn't look himself, gave the ball up cheaply a few times, looked off.

De Jong - 8, Broke up play superbly, made quite a few good challenges, one in particular spinning on the ball to take it away.

Petrov - 8, Nearly untouchable 1st half, scored got an assist and looked lively. Faded a bit later on.

Bellers - 7, Lively, hardworking and looking good at the moment.

Tevez - 8, Scored 2, but could have been 4 or 5. Best game for us yet and remained classy to WHU fans.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 am

Given - 7 Solid, comfortable, in control. Class. Nothing he could do about the goal.

Zabaletta - 8 Quite clearly the best right back in the club. Some outstanding crosses and forward movement and play as well solid defending. The right hand side looked for more secure than it has done in recent weeks.

Toure - 9 A rock at the back. Classy distribution. Arguably, not seen a better CB in all my years on watching the blues

Lescott-7 A little shakey moment when he got lucky on their disallowed goal but all in all steady showing. Dangerous on corners and nearly scored.

Bridge - 8 We got ourselves a left after all these years!!!!! Hurray!!!!

Shaun Wright Phillips 6 - Not a great showing from the little guy tonight. So much nearly came off for him though.

Barry -7 Not his greatest game for us. Seemed a little of pace, but he's had Supermans bug this week. Still did his job well.

De Jong - 9 I can't understand why people can't see this guys pure quality. Broke up play, played the simple ball. Stopped everything in front of our back four. Hard tackling no nosense performance. He is vital to our all out attacking performance. Not far of MOM for me tonight but comes in a close 3rd behind Bellers and Tevez.

Petrov- 8 How do you drop him after that? Brilliant goal. Set up first. Constant threat down left wing.

Bellamy- 9 Together with Tevez put in a MOM display. His form this season is out of this world. Ran the WH defence ragid. Cam close to scoring what would have been goal of the season. Fights for every second he's on the pitch. Brilliant delivery of corners, great link up play, tracking back and movement. Had he scored, he'd have been my MOM

Tevez - 9 Could have had 5, should have had 3, scored 2. MOM. Like Bellers, he ran the defence to death, linked up play well, held the ball up fantastically and showed Bacon what a U****d are missing this year.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:30 am

Given - 7 - Nothing much really to do, couple of saves to begin the second half. Distribution could be better but when ur aiming for midgets I don't think its possible.

Zabba - 7 - The thing is when Zab plays I dont worry about our right side, Micah starting its a different story as he is too inconsitent. Good night out for the Argentine.

Toure - 8 - Cole got the better of him only once other than that Toure was brick at the back.

Lescott - 6 - Still looks to be finding his feet in the backline. Was beaten by Cole for what should of been West Hams equaliser but Foy was calling ticky tack fouls all over the place so I guess we got lucky there.

Bridge - 7.5 - Certainly been on top form this season, another good game defensively and going foward.

SWP - 5 - Shauny had one of those games when pretty much everything he tried didnt work. Love the guy but he may be dropped for the villa game.

Barry - 5.5 - For me this was Barrys worst game in blue. Yes we did control the midfield but that was more of what De Jong was doing than Gareth. Clearly wasn't fit but darn near scored a nice goal.

De Jong - 8.5 - Nige put in an epic shift. Seemed to be everywhere at one point. Shielded the back four brilliantly and think he is a very important part to our side.

Petrov - 8.5 - Martin was fantastic, pace is clearly still there and after setting up Tev was rewarded with a goal. MOTM.

Tevez - 8.5 - 2 goals, industrious as ever. God I love Tevez!

Bellamy - 8 - Didn't score but Craig was here there and everywhere. Heart on the sleeve stuff.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Grob » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 am

Given - 7 - No chance with the goal and wasnt troubled greatly by anything else.

Zabaletta - 7 - Looked a little rusty but impressed me more than Richards has at RB this season.

Toure - 7 - Solid and rarely beaten. No runs forward which was a shame.

Lescott - 6 - Everytime West Ham had a chance, he was the man being beaten it seemed. Thats not a good sign.

Bridge - 7 - One sloppy backpass but other than that he was fine.

De Jong - 9 - Had control of the match from start to finish. Excellent.

Barry - 7 - Worked the ball around well and produced his typical quality midfield performance.

SWP - 6 - Not really his night. Not alot came off for him but he worked very hard for the team.

Bellemy - 8 - Great free kick for the 3rd. Deserved a goal. In great form.

Petrov - 9 - Best game ive seen him have for the club. A quality player.

Tevez - 8 - 2 goals, could have had 4 or 5. Looks threatening everytime he gets the ball.

Subs

RSC - Should have scored but he's getting back to fitness. Some good flick ons and touches though.

Jonno - Welcome back
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:31 am

Given - 6 - No chance with the goal and wasnt troubled greatly by anything else.

Zabaletta - 7 - Very impressed, great going forward aswell.

Toure - 7 - Solid and rarely beaten. intercepted play well.

Lescott - 6 - Still not convinced but hopefully only a bedding in period.

Bridge - 7 - fine display, solid play and great linking with barry and petrov.

De Jong - 8 - Makes it very hard for teams to attack us through the centre, solid performance.

Barry - 8 - Worked the ball around well and produced his typical quality midfield performance.

SWP - 5 - His short passes and interlink play are very poor.

Bellemy - 8 - Deserved a goal. In great form.

Tevez - 8 - 2 goals, could have had 4 or 5. Looks threatening everytime he gets the ball.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:36 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Given - 6 - No chance with the goal and wasnt troubled greatly by anything else.

Zabaletta - 7 - Very impressed, great going forward aswell.

Toure - 7 - Solid and rarely beaten. intercepted play well.

Lescott - 6 - Still not convinced but hopefully only a bedding in period.

Bridge - 7 - fine display, solid play and great linking with barry and petrov.

De Jong - 8 - Makes it very hard for teams to attack us through the centre, solid performance.

Barry - 8 - Worked the ball around well and produced his typical quality midfield performance.

SWP - 5 - His short passes and interlink play are very poor.

Bellemy - 8 - Deserved a goal. In great form.

are you Grob in disguise???

or is this a vote rigging scam??
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:59 am

Nick wrote:Agree with all. Apart from I didnt see much promise from RSC. The thing that pissed me off was that he didnt seem hungry, Its his home debut and his fighting against Ade ffs. He also missed a sitter, unmarked.

he was offside for that chance.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:23 am

StrikeAnywhere wrote:Given - 7 - Nothing much really to do, couple of saves to begin the second half. Distribution could be better but when ur aiming for midgets I don't think its possible.

Zabba - 7 - The thing is when Zab plays I dont worry about our right side, Micah starting its a different story as he is too inconsitent. Good night out for the Argentine.

Toure - 8 - Cole got the better of him only once other than that Toure was brick at the back.

Lescott - 6 - Still looks to be finding his feet in the backline. Was beaten by Cole for what should of been West Hams equaliser but Foy was calling ticky tack fouls all over the place so I guess we got lucky there.

Bridge - 7.5 - Certainly been on top form this season, another good game defensively and going foward.

SWP - 5 - Shauny had one of those games when pretty much everything he tried didnt work. Love the guy but he may be dropped for the villa game.

Barry - 5.5 - For me this was Barrys worst game in blue. Yes we did control the midfield but that was more of what De Jong was doing than Gareth. Clearly wasn't fit but darn near scored a nice goal.

De Jong - 8.5 - Nige put in an epic shift. Seemed to be everywhere at one point. Shielded the back four brilliantly and think he is a very important part to our side.

Petrov - 8.5 - Martin was fantastic, pace is clearly still there and after setting up Tev was rewarded with a goal. MOTM.

Tevez - 8.5 - 2 goals, industrious as ever. God I love Tevez!

Bellamy - 8 - Didn't score but Craig was here there and everywhere. Heart on the sleeve stuff.

I agree with all these. MAybe 8 for Zabba as I thought he was very sound.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 am

Given - 7
Zabba - 8
Toure - 8
Lescott - 5
Bridge - 7
de Jong - 9
SWP - 5
Barry - 5
Petrov - 9
Tevez - 8
Bellamy - 7
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Colin the King » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:30 am

Given 7- He had the quieter evening of the two 'keepers but was steady and reliable as you'd expect. Couldn't do anything about their goal, it was a poor clearance that led to the chance being created. His kicking accuracy wasn't at its best though.

Zabaleta 8- Zabs answered the question of who should play rightback emphatically tonight I think. He was absolutely superb, won nearly every tackle, made great forward strides, controlled and passed it like a forward at times and just looked composed and cool. 100% effort as usual, but he's a rare commodity in having both the grit and style in abundance. Keep him in Hughes.

Touré 8- Fantastic display. He really impresses me in possession of the ball and never looks shaken. He wasn't tested to the extent that he will be in tougher fixtures but nonetheless, he didn't put a foot wrong as far as I can remember. A real asset to the squad and so far a flawless captain. Based on his interview in the programme, a genuine and intelligent lad to boot.

Lescott 7- Still finding his feet in the team and it shows. He can be a little reckless in the tackle and lacks the nous that Touré evidently has- but that comes with experience. Better than Dunnie in possession but still not great. Generally he keeps it on the ground and does so well but there have been a few hospital passes too. He needs to wipe that out of his game to really make his mark. Very strong and convincing in the air though and a real threat from set pieces.

Bridge 7- His improvement from last January continues. Not completely flawless defensively, but he looks menacing going forward now. He really looks confident and delivers some excellent balls from the left channel. Looks to have a good relationship with Barry and, on the night, Petrov too.

de Jong 9- In my opinion the best player on the park without doubt. He was absolutely brilliant last night, both in possession and defensively. He won nearly every ball he contested, won a crucial free kick intelligently (Hamann-esque) and covered ground superbly. Hopefully he'll continue in the vein.

Barry 7- By his (exceptionally high) standards Barry was a little off colour last night, which says a lot about his performances prior to the game. He did reasonably well and was involved in a couple of slick moves with Bellamy, Bridge and Petrov on the left hand side but he looked tired and lacklusture as the game went on. Bearing in mind he's played just about every minute of every game so far, it's probably no surprise and at least he has a whole week to recover for the trip back to Villa Park.

SWP 5- Poorest of our players by my reckoning. He tried to create chances and was full of running but it just didn't work out for him. They managed to shut him out during most of his forays and when he did break through, nothing happened. Hopefully it was just an off-day and he'll come back fighting on Monday night again.

Petrov 8- Scored a lovely free kick to put us in the driving seat, assisted Tevez with the opener and could have scored/laid on another ten goals on the night. He looks to have plenty of pace despite all the injury problems and attacked intelligently. If anything, he looks more complete than he did before. He won't be an automatic choice in the team this season, with Robinho and Bellamy likely to be ahead of him in the pecking order but he did his cause no harm and will be a great asset to us.

Tevez 8- Delighted for Tevez to get off the mark in the league and he could have had a hat trick quite easily. He took his goals well but I was most impressed with how well he held and released the ball, for a small guy he does it brilliantly. Plenty of clever layoffs and interchanges, some intelligent off-the-ball runs and, as always, 100% effort. I'm really excited about the partnership of him and Adebayor and expect it to develop into one of the league's best.

Bellamy 7- An incredible effort from Craig, he must be wrecked at this stage. He wasn't quite as potent going forward last night as in previous weeks but showed obvious qualities nonetheless in his runs, tracking back and delivery. I never had him down as a set piece specialist, but that's two goals he's laid on in the space of a week. I think he deserves a rest now and maybe we can use him from the bench next week. The last thing we want to do is have him burned out.

Santa Cruz 7- Only played ten minutes but looked good in them. Won a couple of headers and showed good positional sense. Shame about the finish but he'll get better with more minutes.

Johnson- Too late to mark.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum