Who makes way for Adebayor if he plays against Villa?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who should make way for Adebayor?

De Jong
3%
Barry
3%
SWP
47%
Bellamy
10%
Petrov
32%
Tevez
5%

Total votes : 78

Who makes way for Adebayor if he plays against Villa?

Postby bluemoon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 am

Already looking forward to next Monday and Adebayor is a must start against Villa if he's available for selection. He'll have to replace someone from tonight of coure and for me it has to be SWP who has looked below par to often in recent games. If it comes down to it though, I believe the manager will replace him with Petrov, which I can't see going down to well with him.

Given

Zabaletta Toure Lescott Bridge

De Jong Barry

Bellamy Tevez Petrov

Adebayor
Last edited by bluemoon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Who makes way for Adebayor if he plays against Villa?

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 am

I think it will be Petrov, whether it should be or not is another matter.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 am

SWP if I were choosing, he, like Ireland, could probably do with a rest. Petrov was near untouchable 1st half, doesn't seem to have a full 90 in him for me yet though. Think I'd start with him and reshuffle later.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:50 am

It'll be an interesting test for him. He hasn't really rotated the squad so far and has got away with that because of injuries mostly.

Pretty soon we could find a situation where all our attacking players are available at once and all need gametime: Ireland, Tevez, Petrov, SWP, Adebayor, Robinho, Bellamy, RSC. Does Hughes start using the bench more actively, does he pick sides to suit the opposition or does he just relegate players for a while until someone gets a chance.

We don't really know yet which will happen.

Shorter term, I can see SWP being the odd man out against Villa. Might be a good chance to give Bellamy a rest and start Petrov (or vice-versa). But there's still the issue of Ireland and I can see Hughes being eager to get RSC more involved (even if he clearly wasn't up to the pace of the game tonight). So this means (to me that) it's not likely to be a simply swap. A formation change or full reshuffle is just as likely.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Steve » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 am

I think Petrov will make way. He was great in the first 45 minutes today when he had the run of Faubert. Really tired in the second half though, and West Ham seemed to deal with his threat. Whilst Petrov is a good player, and a huge threat against the right opposition, im not sure he will do enough in 90 minutes away from home to warrant a place in the starting 11. Especially ahead of Ade, Bells and Tevez.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Marginal but I think it'll be Petrov & it's a pity but I suppose it's probably correct. Away from home against a side with dangerous wide players we probably do need the defensive work of SWP. If Petrov does miss out, he should come straight back in for the next home game though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:21 am

I reckon SWP would benefit from a rest
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 am

Shaun for me Petrovs playing better right now and Ade could really be lethal on the end of them crosses.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 am

All are playing really well but if its based on the last performance, little shauny has to be dropped for me. Normally i would say no one should be dropped in place of returning player as all should fight for there spot but Ade really is that big a player for us that he must start. He is the standout city player atm.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Fish111 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 am

De Jong for me, not because he has done anything wrong, which he hasn't, but just for the fact i am a greedy little bastard and i want to see all out attacking football.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 am

I voted swp.
But i don't think any1 will make way for ade.
He'll be on the bench i reckon.
And rightly so.
Awesome player though.(i keep saying awesome on the net for some reason???them fucking yanks are spreading there influence :O)
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby salford city » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:19 am

Probably the hardest decision so far selection wise for Hughes this season. SWP seems off the pace but away from home at Villa does he play for his defensive capabilities or does Hughes think nah, sod that I'll give Villa something to think about & leave Petrov on the left, put SWP on the bench and put Bellers on the right. Villa are slow at the back and the pace we have on the break is enough to worry most teams this season.

I can't call this one & the above is assuming that Ireland isn't fit to start. It's been a while in coming but we have real options selection wise. Am looking forward to this new dimension to our gameplan and how the Manager deals with it
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:25 am

I think it will be Bellamy. Not because of his performances of course, but to rest his knee. Les already said he was taking a risk playing the 3rd game in a week against Hammers, and he wouldn't have done it if Ade was available or RSC/Robson fully fit. I'm sure he'll get dragged off to play for Wales after the Villa game, so to me he should be rested so that we get most out of him later on and throughout the season.

Also I'll be surprised if Petrov plays away from home, despite his success.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 pm

Easy. Bellamy goes back to the left, Ade in upfront, Rupert returns to the bench.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Petrov was near untouchable 1st half, doesn't seem to have a full 90 in him for me yet though.

Why is that? From what I saw he was still burning players off 85 minutes in.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Easy. Bellamy goes back to the left, Ade in upfront, Rupert returns to the bench.

I agree with you mate. I know you don't like him anyway, but he was effective when needed against what at the moment is poor opposition... which is exactly what we need from our impact/fringe players.

However, these are one of our main rivals and we are away from home and I think Petrov would be too much of a luxury to play from the start. Fantastic option from the bench though this season - he's turning into our best impact player, although I'm not sure he's too happy with that role.
Original Dub

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:42 pm

That is going to be one top quality bench, whoever is sitting on it - another indication of just how far we have come.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby One cap Whitey » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:15 pm

I expect Petrov to make way for Ade. I think SWP will be dropped too though for Ireland with Bellamy switching to the left.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Interesting quandry this. I'd imagine poor old Rigsby will get the hook again for Bellamy to move over but does Ireland come in as well or do we leave him on the bench so we match up man for man with Villa's wide players?

I'd be tempeted to match SWP & Bellamy against Young & Milner. Our lads are faster & defend better. If they line up differently SWP can just move into the middle & Tevez can drop back to help & to create. Superman coming on as a sub later against a tired midfield could cause havoc down the middle too & we have the option to unleash Petrov & RSC if needed.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Interesting quandry this. I'd imagine poor old Rigsby will get the hook again for Bellamy to move over but does Ireland come in as well or do we leave him on the bench so we match up man for man with Villa's wide players?

I'd be tempeted to match SWP & Bellamy against Young & Milner. Our lads are faster & defend better. If they line up differently SWP can just move into the middle & Tevez can drop back to help & to create. Superman coming on as a sub later against a tired midfield could cause havoc down the middle too & we have the option to unleash Petrov & RSC if needed.

When the options are laid bare like that Ted it's just fucking sex isn't it!?

Never thought in my lifetime we would have so many options of total quality
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum