When they equalised last night

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

When they equalised last night

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:15 am

I still knew we would win and not concede another softy and end up giving up the game like in previous years.
A strange feeling I think you will agree, when hughes said he wants a team of winners he went and got them
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: When they equalised last night

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:19 am

Wooders wrote:I still knew we would win and not concede another softy and end up giving up the game like in previous years.
A strange feeling I think you will agree, when hughes said he wants a team of winners he went and got them

totally agree, eventhough we were lucky that their second equalizer was disallowed.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dronny » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 am

Strangely relaxed about them equalising, as you say I just thought it was nothing more than an inconvenience.

What is this strange feeling that is permeating through us City fans at the moment!!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:20 am

true, that shouldn't have been disallowed tbh but fuggit we would have still won even if they had got it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:26 am

After the derby I honestly believe we will come back at every team when we are challenged.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:31 am

I also agreed with this I also said before the game they were gonna get one anyways so I wasn't surprised..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby salford city » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 am

Apart from it screwing up my bet, I couldn't see them getting anything from the game. Had the same feeling sat watching Fulham, a sense that you knew we would score again.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fish111 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:47 am

It is no longer the end of the world or the match when we concede a goal. There is a new belief that we can still go on to win a game quite comfortably.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:21 am

We have only been behind in one game this season. That in itself is very pleasing. Even in that game, away at the champions, we equalised three times.

I believe there is a steel about this City team that hasn't been seen on a regular basis in my lifetime.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:We have only been behind in one game this season. That in itself is very pleasing. Even in that game, away at the champions, we equalised three times.

I believe there is a steel about this City team that hasn't been seen on a regular basis in my lifetime.

That's 'cos yer only young.....huh!...kids!!!....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:23 pm

I was shitting it when they equalised. Old habits die hard.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:27 pm

i knew that we would score again, but it didnt stop me swearing at the lads, but now ,we can score at will, we should be ok
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Wooders wrote:I still knew we would win and not concede another softy and end up giving up the game like in previous years.

totally agree, eventhough we were lucky that their second equalizer was disallowed.

Yup, THIS is typical City now
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 pm

I agree completely - was only saying to the mrs when she got back from college asking how we got on...

She said " You must have been nervous when they equalised?"

I just said "not even one little bit", which was the truth.

This team has to ability not only to beat any team in the world, but also to come back against any team in the world IMO.

Top four gentlemen, I shit you not.
Original Dub

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:48 pm

I was in shock, the game should have been 5-0 by the time the camera shown that Given had started the game, and it took 2-3 minutes for me to realise that we hadn't scored enough to declare....just yet!.

True we were fortunate that their 2nd was ruled out, but NOT LUCKY.....if we had received any luck in that game, then we would have scored another 4 more goals, before they even got into our half......if any side was lucky yesterday then it was West Ham, they were lukcy that their goal difference can still be turned around.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Couldn't agree more - this feeling is going to take a bit of getting used to!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:

Couldn't agree more - this feeling is going to take a bit of getting used to!

This is the mentality change Cook, Hughes etc have been talking about - it feeds from the pitch to the stands and back out again and that is what makes a team winners, even before they lift a trophy. I reckon the mentality comes first and the trophy that follows is the icing on the cake, as opposed to stumbling into a trophy and instantly becoming 'winners'.

Its only what I reckon now.... I'm a city fan and I know fuck all about what it takes to win a trophy!!
Original Dub

Postby Blue Jam » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Affordable complacency? City?

Pinch me.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby glossopblue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:24 pm

mr_nool wrote:

the linesman gave it because he missed a blatent handball 2 minutes before. us near the corner flag were giving him loads of verbals, so you can say it worked.
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Return to The Maine Football forum