Dunne at the Villa match

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dunne at the Villa match

Postby ian494 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Vhero wrote:He is playing the same there as he was here having a great game and then having a bad e.g the Blackburn game..

Which unfortunately points to him having a cracking game against us...
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby ant london » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:41 pm

I hope the dozy eeedjit puts the ball in his own net and then gets sent off

Teach him to badmouth El City

(also some of you lot might actually see what a liability we had on our hands now that he's not wearing blinkering blue)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:47 pm

ian494 wrote:
Vhero wrote:He is playing the same there as he was here having a great game and then having a bad e.g the Blackburn game..

Which unfortunately points to him having a cracking game against us...

I remember him having more bad than good though last season anyways....
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:48 pm

john68 wrote:I have always had a soft spot for Dunnie. Genuine guy who saw us through some very dark days and always did his best. Sometime that best wasn't good enough but we knew Dunnie had his limitations. Was a tad sad when he left, for sentimental reasons only.

I hope he has a good game when he plays us...but not quite good enough to stop us battering them. When he returns to eastlands, I will be happy to applaud him.

Same ere john, i really wanted him to have a testimonial but it wasn't to be. He's gone now, i recovered very quickly, as i always do to bad and upsetting news. No room for sentimentallity in life. He's an opposition player now and i want him to have a feckin nightmare, own goal, penalty i don't care what he does as long as it benefits City.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Goataldo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Anyone who gives Richard Dunne anything less than a standing ovation deserves to be sterilised and fired into space. That's a fact.

Taking into account all he has done for City, it's pretty clear the scales weigh heavily towards good rather than bad. The guy was player of the year for what was it, four years (?) - that says it all imo. I mean the fans bloody vote for that, don't we? There's a culture of slagging people off at City, even worse than with most football fans, maybe that's because we're a more passionate bunch than average, I dunno. People shouldn't be so quick to chide tho.

And I heard the interview when he left City where he said we told him we 'needed the money' - so I also heard all the journalists laugh their heads off when he said it, and the playful way in which the line was delivered. It was a joke. A quip. Quite witty too and with good timing, he's obvisouly been learning a thing or two from his (blue) mate Jason Manford. Press get hold of it, report it in a snide way and some people turn on Dunne. Ridiculous.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby ant london » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:19 am

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:
And I heard the interview when he left City where he said we told him we 'needed the money' - so I also heard all the journalists laugh their heads off when he said it, and the playful way in which the line was delivered. It was a joke. A quip. Quite witty too and with good timing, he's obvisouly been learning a thing or two from his (blue) mate Jason Manford. Press get hold of it, report it in a snide way and some people turn on Dunne. Ridiculous.

That is nothing to do with my current feelings towards Dunne

You obviously didn't follow his interviews when he left quite closely enough.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Wooders » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:42 am

yeah exactly there were a few interviews where he said he was forced out the club and fingered cook as the reason - then hughes came out and said that it was his choice and his choice alone to leave so why is he moaning? Then they mysteriously stopped.
anyway
I loved Dunne, maybe not quite as much as the nextman, but the fact of the matter is that when he has "one of his days" he will single handedly cost the team the game - lets hope he's having one of his days on monday night
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:14 am

I just hope he doesn't injure any of our players really.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum