Adebayor Appeal?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adebayor Appeal?

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 pm

I am glad he did not get an actual ban but even the 2 match suspended ban thing that expires on Decembre 10th annoys me. Reeks of double standards.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Colin the King » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 pm

Dingus McDouchey wrote:so he got a 2 game ban, but we don't yet know when he will have to serve it?
if so, who determines when it will be served?
my concern is that he will miss one or two important games later this season.
should I be worried?

No mate, it's a a suspended two game ban- as long as he doesn't 'misbehave' again between now and next December, he won't miss any games.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby BlueSince72 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Dingus McDouchey wrote:so he got a 2 game ban, but we don't yet know when he will have to serve it?
if so, who determines when it will be served?
my concern is that he will miss one or two important games later this season.
should I be worried?

He won't serve it unless he commits the same offence again...ie. it's suspended!!
BlueSince72
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:52 pm

£25,000 that's steep considering other get fined £5000.

I'm glad he can play on Monday, we'll need his presence up front at away games more than the home ones.

When will they come out and say how bad Arsenal fans were and given them a ban?
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Its a joke he got fined 25k and suspended two game ban but im glad he is back now for Villa were gonna need him to bulldoze Dunnie.

The FA are a joke though,what a mess of an organisation.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:11 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:£25,000 that's steep considering other get fined £5000.

I'm glad he can play on Monday, we'll need his presence up front at away games more than the home ones.

When will they come out and say how bad Arsenal fans were and given them a ban?

you are joking aint you, they have a fit and wont get nowt, the cockney twats
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:27 pm

some mates of mine who are gooners think he got off light - fools.

and 25K isn't all that much when you're in 140K a week - it'd like getting docked one days' wage
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Somerset Blue » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Maybe the FA can take the £25k and share it out amongst the Pompey squad?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Leedsblue » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Good news but a bit of a surprise and a hell of a lot of a relief.
The ban is suspended until Dec 2010.

Not quite sure of what would activate the ban. Being booked for any goal celebration such as taking his shirt off or running the length of the pitch again.
Leedsblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:57 pm

so what the fuck does he do if he scores at the library, at the other end from from our away support? run the whole length of the pitch because he cant celebrate in front of the arse fans?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby One cap Whitey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:08 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:so what the fuck does he do if he scores at the library, at the other end from from our away support? run the whole length of the pitch because he cant celebrate in front of the arse fans?

Yep, finger on the lips until he gets to the half way line then slides the rest of the way towards us on his knees. That'll do.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:21 pm

"In reaching its decision the Commission took into account his admission of the charge, public apology and the extremely provocative nature of the abuse he received," read a statement on The FA's official website.

"However, the commission also stated that players have a responsibility to conduct themselves in a proper manner and that such celebrations are unacceptable and have the potential to cause a serious public order incident."

And what about the Arsenal fans?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue in the face » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:35 pm

I dont understand why everybody is so happy. I am fucking disgusted. Its not just Ade thats been punished. They are picking on all of us as a team. Flexing their muscles at the new rich boys.

How come cuntface neville gets away with £5000 and no threat of a ban hanging over him. And why the fuck is it for over a year. Where did they get that date from?

And if time wasting is a bookable offence at COMS how come Bellers didn't get booked at the swamp?

Let me get my tin hat on and say

neville - white englishman plays for an american owned team = £5000 fine

Ade - black african plays for a muslim owned team = £25000 fine and suspended sentence

I know its rediculous to suggest cheating for this reason but Im very fuckin pissed off at the minute and Im not in the mood to be reasonable.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Blue in the face wrote:I dont understand why everybody is so happy. I am fucking disgusted. Its not just Ade thats been punished. They are picking on all of us as a team. Flexing their muscles at the new rich boys.

How come cuntface neville gets away with £5000 and no threat of a ban hanging over him. And why the fuck is it for over a year. Where did they get that date from?

And if time wasting is a bookable offence at COMS how come Bellers didn't get booked at the swamp?

Ade - black african plays for a muslim owned team = £25000 fine and suspended sentence

I know its rediculous to suggest cheating for this reason but Im very fuckin pissed off at the minute and Im not in the mood to be reasonable.

I see where you are coming from mate, but disagree with your reasoning. You are right in what you say with regard to time wasting, the league are being puppets to the Wenger/Arsenal duo and the ref, once again, has changed his staement to help them out. However, to suggest that it is because of cultural differences is totally wrong! Now, if you would have mentioned the money/capitalistic thing, then I'd have agreed!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue in the face » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue in the face wrote:I dont understand why everybody is so happy. I am fucking disgusted. Its not just Ade thats been punished. They are picking on all of us as a team. Flexing their muscles at the new rich boys.

I know its ridiculous to suggest cheating for this reason but Im very fuckin pissed off at the minute and Im not in the mood to be reasonable.

I see where you are coming from mate, but disagree with your reasoning. You are right in what you say with regard to time wasting, the league are being puppets to the Wenger/Arsenal duo and the ref, once again, has changed his staement to help them out. However, to suggest that it is because of cultural differences is totally wrong! Now, if you would have mentioned the money/capitalistic thing, then I'd have agreed!

You're right off course but I was rather annoyed. I hope I haven't caused offence to anybody. If I have I apologise.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:01 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:I'm happy with this, i'm pretty sure he won't be stupid enough to do it again!

im pretty sure ill support him if he scores the winner at the Emirates and goes apeshit in front of them. no pun intended.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby justlurkin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:54 pm

I'm with blueintheface on this one. About everything bar the colour part. What we have to understand as it's only affecting us now is that the SKY 4 are untouchable as far as the fa are concerned. That's why chuckle 1, van pussy and thierry henry(if we go back 3 or so years) get away with it. I've only just calmed down over the 2 game ban, suspended. I think they should have appealed it based on the 3 above but maybe they just want to get on with it and he's free to play on monday. As we are not part of the top 4 yet, these decisions will always be in favour of the SKY 4. I'm looking forward to the day when we get this sort of treatment. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the season and can't wait for each game to come along. If we win on monday(which I think we will), I think we could go on a bit of a winning run. Imagine that, City on an unbeaten run. Did you ever think that could happen. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
justlurkin
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:59 pm

justlurkin wrote:I'm with blueintheface on this one. About everything bar the colour part. What we have to understand as it's only affecting us now is that the SKY 4 are untouchable as far as the fa are concerned. That's why chuckle 1, van pussy and thierry henry(if we go back 3 or so years) get away with it. I've only just calmed down over the 2 game ban, suspended. I think they should have appealed it based on the 3 above but maybe they just want to get on with it and he's free to play on monday. As we are not part of the top 4 yet, these decisions will always be in favour of the SKY 4. I'm looking forward to the day when we get this sort of treatment. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the season and can't wait for each game to come along. If we win on monday(which I think we will), I think we could go on a bit of a winning run. Imagine that, City on an unbeaten run. Did you ever think that could happen. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

It is consistent with Nevilles from a few years ago so no real problems from me, but just to think, we are unbeaten this season in normal time. That is, normal for every other team!!!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby justlurkin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
justlurkin wrote:I'm with blueintheface on this one. About everything bar the colour part. What we have to understand as it's only affecting us now is that the SKY 4 are untouchable as far as the fa are concerned. That's why chuckle 1, van pussy and thierry henry(if we go back 3 or so years) get away with it. I've only just calmed down over the 2 game ban, suspended. I think they should have appealed it based on the 3 above but maybe they just want to get on with it and he's free to play on monday. As we are not part of the top 4 yet, these decisions will always be in favour of the SKY 4. I'm looking forward to the day when we get this sort of treatment. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the season and can't wait for each game to come along. If we win on monday(which I think we will), I think we could go on a bit of a winning run. Imagine that, City on an unbeaten run. Did you ever think that could happen. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

It is consistent with Nevilles from a few years ago so no real problems from me, but just to think, we are unbeaten this season in normal time. That is, normal for every other team!!!

Agree with you 100% mate. I noticed last night there were 2 mins extra held up as they were winning. What about the celebrations for the three goals alone never mind the substitutions but I'm not getting into this again as it just wrecks my head.
justlurkin
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:17 pm

justlurkin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Agree with you 100% mate. I noticed last night there were 2 mins extra held up as they were winning. What about the celebrations for the three goals alone never mind the substitutions but I'm not getting into this again as it just wrecks my head.

And for a 'Point of Note', when Sunderland beat Wolves at the weekend, Sunderland scored their 5th in the 1st minute of the minimum 4 minutes extra with 54 seconds of celebration, yet they still finished at 94 mins and 4 seconds. So, if all these refs are consistent, he should've played until 95 mins minimum; shouldn't he?

Yes, I'm sad, but just couldn't help but Rewind!!!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum