Adebayor Appeal?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adebayor Appeal?

Postby justlurkin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
justlurkin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
justlurkin wrote:I'm with blueintheface on this one. About everything bar the colour part. What we have to understand as it's only affecting us now is that the SKY 4 are untouchable as far as the fa are concerned. That's why chuckle 1, van pussy and thierry henry(if we go back 3 or so years) get away with it. I've only just calmed down over the 2 game ban, suspended. I think they should have appealed it based on the 3 above but maybe they just want to get on with it and he's free to play on monday. As we are not part of the top 4 yet, these decisions will always be in favour of the SKY 4. I'm looking forward to the day when we get this sort of treatment. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the season and can't wait for each game to come along. If we win on monday(which I think we will), I think we could go on a bit of a winning run. Imagine that, City on an unbeaten run. Did you ever think that could happen. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

It is consistent with Nevilles from a few years ago so no real problems from me, but just to think, we are unbeaten this season in normal time. That is, normal for every other team!!!

Agree with you 100% mate. I noticed last night there were 2 mins extra held up as they were winning. What about the celebrations for the three goals alone never mind the substitutions but I'm not getting into this again as it just wrecks my head.

And for a 'Point of Note', when Sunderland beat Wolves at the weekend, Sunderland scored their 5th in the 1st minute of the minimum 4 minutes extra with 54 seconds of celebration, yet they still finished at 94 mins and 4 seconds. So, if all these refs are consistent, he should've played until 95 mins minimum; shouldn't he?

Yes, I'm sad, but just couldn't help but Rewind!!!

Yep, forgot about that one but was thinking about it at the time. Did you notice also that they never mentioned goal celebrations in time added on until the scum match? It's like they invent these things when it suits them.
justlurkin
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:32 pm

justlurkin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
justlurkin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
justlurkin wrote:I'm with blueintheface on this one. About everything bar the colour part. What we have to understand as it's only affecting us now is that the SKY 4 are untouchable as far as the fa are concerned. That's why chuckle 1, van pussy and thierry henry(if we go back 3 or so years) get away with it. I've only just calmed down over the 2 game ban, suspended. I think they should have appealed it based on the 3 above but maybe they just want to get on with it and he's free to play on monday. As we are not part of the top 4 yet, these decisions will always be in favour of the SKY 4. I'm looking forward to the day when we get this sort of treatment. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the season and can't wait for each game to come along. If we win on monday(which I think we will), I think we could go on a bit of a winning run. Imagine that, City on an unbeaten run. Did you ever think that could happen. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

It is consistent with Nevilles from a few years ago so no real problems from me, but just to think, we are unbeaten this season in normal time. That is, normal for every other team!!!

Agree with you 100% mate. I noticed last night there were 2 mins extra held up as they were winning. What about the celebrations for the three goals alone never mind the substitutions but I'm not getting into this again as it just wrecks my head.

And for a 'Point of Note', when Sunderland beat Wolves at the weekend, Sunderland scored their 5th in the 1st minute of the minimum 4 minutes extra with 54 seconds of celebration, yet they still finished at 94 mins and 4 seconds. So, if all these refs are consistent, he should've played until 95 mins minimum; shouldn't he?

Yes, I'm sad, but just couldn't help but Rewind!!!

Yep, forgot about that one but was thinking about it at the time. Did you notice also that they never mentioned goal celebrations in time added on until the scum match? It's like they invent these things when it suits them.

Yes mate, and McGarry mentioned in a radio program with Mark Bowen that this was actually written within the laws, yet another source only mentions that it can be (not actually specified) under another rule. I am no expert, but I have never heard of a FIFA rule on time added on with regard to a goal celebration? It was good to see Mark just give him the palm off of 'Oh, is that right', to put McGarry in his place; unless someone knows otherwise?

Anyway, Ade will play at Villa but we don't know if he'll play against the likes of the Scum or the Arse; suppose it's all relative!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ronk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Time wasting??? Those degenerate corrupt pig fuckers.

He never left the field of play and he was back in his own half in fucking record time. Fucking disgrace.

This is an outrage. I was mad at the mere fact that he was charged at all, he's received a record fine and a suspended ban (which is them saying they were being lenient and we should be grateful -- grateful for the steam off their piss) for the most innocuous controversial goal celebration in history. He slid in from of them, he didn't make a single gesture. If he'd screamed obscenities at them Sky would have had to edit it. They're punishing him for being pre-watershed controversial. Cunts the lot of them.

(already edited because I didn't want to lose my temper completely)
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby shawzy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:43 pm

ronk wrote:Time wasting??? Those degenerate corrupt pig fuckers.

He never left the field of play and he was back in his own half in fucking record time. Fucking disgrace.

This is an outrage. I was mad at the mere fact that he was charged at all, he's received a record fine and a suspended ban (which is them saying they were being lenient and we should be grateful -- grateful for the steam off their piss) for the most innocuous controversial goal celebration in history. He slid in from of them, he didn't make a single gesture. If he'd screamed obscenities at them Sky would have had to edit it. They're punishing him for being pre-watershed controversial. Cunts the lot of them.

(already edited because I didn't want to lose my temper completely)

Thats the way i feel 2 m8..There just aload of jealous clunts that have got it in for us.He really did nothing, but was blamed for the fans behaviour.What aload of twisted fookers
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Dronny » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Listened to some Arse twat on Talkshite, after Adrian Dur*am had thrown his toys out at the "lenience" of the fine and suspended ban, who was going on about Ade's complete disrespect of the Arse fans and Arse in general. Fair do's to Alvin Martin who shot the geezer down in flames for saying where was the respect from the fans after they had villified Ade and insulted his family etc, where was their respect? Total double standards was his inference, he also said that Ade didn't break any rules whatsoever unlike the eejits who ripped out seats and wanted to get on the pitch to extract revenge.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue in the face » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 pm

I was convinced that when we didn't put up a defence for the first charge (re. van Persie) a deal had been done that saved the FA time and money on us appealing and Ade would have walked away from the second charge.

I now feel that we caved in when we could have caused the friggers a lot of grief and we wouldn't be any worse off at this point. I hope in future if anything like this happens again we bring upon them the full might of the best legal team money can buy, and drag them through all sorts of courts and teach them a lesson.

We are not to be fucked with!!!
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby john68 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:12 am

In my usual calm way...I would take the £25.000...in pound coins...and...SHOVE EACH FUCKING ONE ONE OF THEM, INDIVIDUALLY UP THE CORRUPT BASTARDS ARSES.

Today, Manchester City FC and Adebayor in particular have been royally shafted by the FUCKALL ASSOCIATION.

The whole thing stinks of CORRUPTION at the highest level. Not only that, it is a public insult to our club.

My response would be to identify the seat positions of those Arsenal fans involved, demand the names and addresses of the ticket holders from Arsenal and have each one arrested and dragged up here to court. I am quite certain that we could recoup damages of at least £25,000 from them, which I would then use to compensate Adebayor.
Should either Arsenal or the FA complain, I would simply tell them to FUCK OFF.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:15 am

I hope Ade pay's it in 1 pence coins - he can tip them through the FA's front door then shout 'Where's your f'ing rule book on that one??'
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Vhero » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:02 am

It's a god damn joke it wouldn't happen to the rags would it?? This just proves how corrupt the FA is.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ronk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 am

Dameerto wrote:I hope Ade pay's it in 1 pence coins - he can tip them through the FA's front door then shout 'Where's your f'ing rule book on that one??'

Nah, we should send it in the tradesman's entrance. They might double count it as a bribe.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby AlpsMaster » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:09 pm

The fine and suspended ban are bad enough and totally inconsistent with how they've treated Chuckle1.

But what made me even angrier today (as I sat waiting for my delayed flight back from the IOM proudly displaying my new long-sleeve away shirt with Adebayor) was the utter shite the rag-arse, arse-wipe press are spouting about how lenient the FA have been with him. This takes hyprocrisy to the highest level!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby dazby » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:59 am

What it does do is set up a fantastic rivalry between us and them. City v Arse will be a major major drawcard game.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby blootoof » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Don't know if this is true

£25,000: Emmanuel Adebayor's FA fine for his goal celebration at Man City. "I am truly sorry. My emotions got the better of me."
£20,000 plus VAT: Amount paid to Adebayor by the Sun for his exclusive interview about the incident a week later in which he justified the celebration ("Adebayor Opens Heart on Abuse Row").
Total net punishment: £2,000.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... er-storrie
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:37 pm

He's a cheap-skate ain't he!

"They have punished me for celebrating a goal and I accept it but I think it is excessive," he told The People.

"But now I have to forget it and just think about scoring goals without any problems."

He added: "If I play in the Emirates and score I will celebrate of course, but I will do it with my fans."

Good lad though ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum